ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 28
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Tag Sneed and Grant him permission to seek trade.
DenverChief 04:37 PM 02-28-2024

BREAKING: The #Chiefs have placed the franchise tag on CB L'Jarius Sneed, sources tell @BleacherReport. It will cost a little over $19M.

Kansas City’s priority is to extend Chris Jones for now and they’ll see what happens with Sneed after. pic.twitter.com/RBfalU55bd

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) February 28, 2024

Originally Posted by :
The Kansas City Chiefs could be saying goodbye to one of their defensive stars.

The Chiefs have granted cornerback L'Jarius Sneed permission to seek a trade, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Wednesday. Rapoport added the Chiefs could elect to use their franchise tag on Sneed ahead of next Tuesday's deadline and then trade the fourth-year defensive back.

If Kansas City does indeed tag Sneed by the March 5 deadline, the organization will have until mid-July to either lock him into a larger extension or presumably make good on its word and trade him. The one-year franchise tag for cornerbacks is set at $19.8 million for the 2024 season.

The 2020 fourth-rounder has blossomed into a stud for the Chiefs during his rookie contract, developing a reputation for sticky coverage with 10 interceptions, 40 passes defensed, four forced fumbles and 6.5 sacks in his career.

Teams are sure to come calling, but they'll have to compete with the K.C.'s negotiating power and the lure of sticking it out with the team that drafted him to make a run at a Super Bowl three-peat.
https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-gran...-to-seek-trade
[Reply]
O.city 10:35 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
You mean at like, LT and WR?

If those positions are solidified with truly good players and it's a McDuffie situation where you have to trade up to do that, so be it. We are winning three in a row if you do it.
In general, those don't realy work out like the McDuffie one did.

I mean, sure if one falls, go for it. But I don't see them sacrificing depth for it.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:37 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
In general, those don't realy work out like the McDuffie one did.

I mean, sure if one falls, go for it. But I don't see them sacrificing depth for it.
Well they're gonna try. Hell they tried last year and no one picked up the phone - and TBH, if they wouldn't work with KC then, why the hell do it now.

But Veach likes to go get his guys.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:40 AM 03-04-2024
I'm just spitballing here, but if Andy and BV think Mims can be their LT for 10 years and that AD Mitchell is the next big thing at WR with a grade well above those other R1 guys...

Go get them. We're trying to keep evolving the dynasty here and these are premium positions that we've been narrowly working around for a couple years now.
[Reply]
O.city 10:41 AM 03-04-2024
LT yes.

WR....I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze with how deep this class is.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:43 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I don't know that we are gonna get a 1st rd pick for Sneed, but I totally agree with your thinking if they do. Mims at OT and Worthy at WR would be glorious :-)
Marshall Faulk was traded for a 2 and a 5. Future Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk, which at the time I thought the Colts got absolutely fleeced.

Mims would be a great get, but I'll admit I don't know much about Worthy. Troy Franklin is my WR draft crush this year. Put that kid in this offense with Mahomes, Rice and Kelce?? Get your hotel rooms in New Orleans for the Super Bowl right this second.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:51 AM 03-04-2024
Eh, not really.

You're gonna start needing some replacements here pretty quick.
Agreed, but for the '24 season and the shot at the threepeat, they're pretty damned stacked.
[Reply]
O.city 10:54 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Agreed, but for the '24 season and the shot at the threepeat, they're pretty damned stacked.
They need some stuff though.

The DL is thin, our DE rotation has an unknown, the LB group will be different, and the secondary will have some change.

Just on defense.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:00 AM 03-04-2024
They need some stuff though.

The DL is thin, our DE rotation has an unknown, the LB group will be different, and the secondary will have some change.

Just on defense.
The DL in general should be a focus in the draft and FA. I’d expect a few new bodies. Re-sign Jones, and we already have two great pieces with hopefully Omenihu back midseason. That’s a good start.

LB will be about the same if we can get Tranquil back. Losing Gay sucks, but you also have to assume Chenal keeps getting better. A healthy Bolton helps.

Zero reason to be concerned with the secondary with or without Sneed. They’re great without him, elite with him.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:44 PM 03-04-2024
They just officially tagged him non exclusive.
[Reply]
Dante84 02:47 PM 03-04-2024
Lions and Dolphins are rumored to be among the interested teams, and it was reported last week as many as 6 teams reached out to the Chiefs about Sneed.

Real curious to see if it ends up being a player for player, player for pick, or a move-up package.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:49 PM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by BossChief:
They just officially tagged him non exclusive.
This is weird. Supposedly, earlier today it was reported the Chiefs were waiting up until the deadline to use the tag (something about 'leverage' against CJ).

If that's true, him being tagged now means one of two things:

1. Chiefs and CJ have agreed on a contract extension

2. Chiefs and some other team (Detroit?) have agreed on the parameters of a trade for Sneed.

Will be interesting to see which it is . . . . .
[Reply]
Dante84 02:52 PM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
This is weird. Supposedly, earlier today it was reported the Chiefs were waiting up until the deadline to use the tag (something about 'leverage' against CJ).

2. Chiefs and some other team (Detroit?) have agreed on the parameters of a trade for Sneed.

I'm hoping we already have a deal in place with Jones, because this means we can't apply the tag to him (we wouldn't anyways) but I could definitely see the shady Katz brothers using this as a leverage point in negotiations.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:55 PM 03-04-2024
I think you need to get ONE premium keystone position per year, basically. If you can get two then that's just fantastic. But you gotta get ONE.

Now, you're going to get some extra ammo for Sneed, so maybe this is the best chance.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:56 PM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

Both might be true. Or maybe 85% of both.

Maybe they’re comfortable with the worst case on Jones and have an offer they’d accept for Sneed.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:00 PM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Both might be true. Or maybe 85% of both.

Maybe they’re comfortable with the worst case on Jones and have an offer they’d accept for Sneed.
I tend to believe the latter, but we'll see . . . .
[Reply]
Page 13 of 28
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up