ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 45
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****OFFICIAL 2022 Border War Hoops and HATE Thread
Chiefspants 06:13 PM 12-07-2022
Alright y’all! We got a game this Saturday. The reigning National Champion Jayhawks are as self-righteous as ever and coming to Columbia, where the Tigers look like they could have their best coached team since the Obama administration. Self is still figuring out his rotations (to a painful degree), and in Columbia anything can happen.

This thread can also be used to talk football and how this rivalry is oh so dead, which is why a bowl game that is not happening has arguments spilling over into Mizzou threads, KU threads, college football threads, and twitter and facebook wars all over my feed.

Join me and let’s all talk about how this game doesn’t matter anymore and all angrily ask why I’m missing asterisks in the thread title.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:54 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
3.5 line. KU gonna win 100 to 80
Nope, 10 point win for KU.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:58 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I was speaking to the quality of the opponent, not the score. But if you wanna play that game, Mizzou lost to Georgia 26-22. You think KU is staying within a TD of the defending National champs? Yeah, didn’t think so.

As to your second point, :-)MAO. You get one little .500 season (one in which you finished losing 6 of your last 7, mostly in blowouts) and you think you all have ‘turned the corner’ in football. It’s like you KU fans developed sudden amnesia and forgot that you were LITERALLY the worst Power 5 football program in America over the last decade. Kansas celebrates a .500 season in football. Mizzou sees it as a disappointment. But yeah, I’m sure a university and fanbase that doesn’t give a shit about football will surpass one that does. Keep telling yourself that, champ.

You squawkbird fans are funny.

BTW, Mizzou has a better record than you all in basketball right now. That’s some funny shit, huh? Extrapolating from your dumb analogy in football, I suppose Mizzou has ‘turned the corner’ in basketball and is on their way to surpassing Kansas too? Right??

See how fucking stupid that sounds . . . . . .
All of this talk and MU was scared to play KU. Pathetic.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12-10-2022, 02:59 PM
This message has been deleted by Baby Lee. Reason: wrong thread
Baby Lee 12-10-2022, 03:01 PM
This message has been deleted by Baby Lee. Reason: wrong thread
RaidersOftheCellar 03:05 PM 12-10-2022
You’re the one who submitted KU as ‘the bar’. I was merely going off your post. I agree. If we ever get to the point where we’re using Kansas football as a basis for defining success in our football program, those will be dark days indeed.

And, BTW, your football program is NOT trending up. Maybe you were a little halfway into the season, but then you all remembered you were KU and promptly dropped 6 of your last 7, mostly in blowout fashion. By the end of the year, you looked like the same KU football program we’ve all come to know and love. The worst Power 5 program in America. But congrats on the bowl.
Not trending up? Sure, sure. That’s why there was talk of their second year coach getting poached a month into the season. It’s because they were just playing like KU of old.

Yes, KU piled up some losses in the second half of the year. That’s what happens when your QB goes down and your second half schedule is full of talented teams. Yet they made every game interesting minus Texas.

Is Missouri’s beatdown by a weaker version of K-State more impressive because it happened early in the year?

Maybe you expected KU to transform from worst P5 program to top 10 nationally in one season? :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 03:06 PM 12-10-2022
Can't embed on mobile ... So if someone could I would appreciate it.

https://twitter.com/KUHoops/status/1...6Q4dEHK-A&s=19
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:08 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Can't embed on mobile ... So if someone could I would appreciate it.

https://twitter.com/KUHoops/status/1...6Q4dEHK-A&s=19

Good morning Jayhawk Nation! pic.twitter.com/4GUnK4dvPV

— Kansas Men’s Basketball (@KUHoops) December 10, 2022

[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:11 PM 12-10-2022

Soon. pic.twitter.com/52ZDK0E0nI

— We good? (@gifhawk2) December 8, 2022

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:16 PM 12-10-2022
Lol. A Missouri home game? Just because it was in the state of Missouri? Were you at that game? I was. At best, it was a 50-50 split, but more likely 60-40 in favor of KU. Are you under the impression that the majority of KC supports Mizzou over KU? If so, interesting take. And, for the record, Mizzou has won major bowls in other seasons, just not in the modern era.

As far as the current state of your program, one .500 season for the first time in a decade (of which you lost 6 of the last 7) does not mean you will be better than MIssouri. In fact, I’ll go on record and say you won’t see a .500 season again for the next 3 years. Your 5 losses in a row to finish your season showed us what direction your program is trending. Better coach? Remains to be seen. An uptick in recruiting? Well, you couldn’t have been much worse so I guess I’ll concede that argument.

And it is easy money. Bet your life savings on it. You won’t be disappointed. Easiest cover ever.
I remember people saying that crowd was 70/30 Missouri or close to it. Either way…nothing close to the “home” game it was supposed to be.

KU is already dramatically improved and has a great offensive system that can produce at a high level even with mediocre talent. Has Missouri improved dramatically under their current coach? If anything, they’ve gotten worse. So yeah…better coach.

I did bet on KU today btw. Even though I don’t have extreme confidence in this team, I think they’ll win by at least four.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:18 PM 12-10-2022
How did Mizzou get worse? Cuonzo was terrible.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:21 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I'd be pretty surprised if KU won myself. They haven't been great this year, weren't great in their true road games even last year and this event will be unlike anything any of them have ever dealt with (especially the young guys like Dick).
The question is, do they need to be great? We’ll find out.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:27 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
How did Mizzou get worse? Cuonzo was terrible.
I was talking about football.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:31 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I was talking about football.
Gotcha. Yeah they have, Drink is awful.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:38 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
All of this talk and MU was scared to play KU. Pathetic.
You can keep saying that, doesn’t make it any more true.

Unless you’re willing to concede KU was scared to play Mizzou for half a decade after they left for the SEC.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:38 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I'd be pretty surprised if KU won myself. They haven't been great this year, weren't great in their true road games even last year and this event will be unlike anything any of them have ever dealt with (especially the young guys like Dick).
Sir Missouri beat SEMO by five.

SEMO.

SEMO!
[Reply]
BWillie 03:39 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Gotcha. Yeah they have, Drink is awful.
Who is elf

Want to make sexy time
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:39 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Sir Missouri beat SEMO by five.

SEMO.

SEMO!
They always play bad against SEMO, football and basketball.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 45
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up