ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 29
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Media Center>Heavy Metal & Hard Rock thread
htismaqe 03:40 PM 05-04-2023
Originally Posted by Buddy Rich:
I'm a drummer and Simon Phillips happens to be one of my favorites. Here is on The Michael Schenker Group record in 1980. This is a good song.

Funny.

I usually mostly talk about my collection in terms of how much of their catalog I have. With Priest, Sabbath, Dio - I have their entire collections through all the lineup changes and everything. One of those I've never mentioned is the Scorpions. I have almost everything they've done with the exception of some of the later stuff.

But I also have a ton of albums in a 2nd tier where I just prefer certain lineups. For example, I really like Motorhead best with Eddie. I have a boxed set of the UFO Chrysalis years. Everything they did with Michael Schenker. He's one of my favorite guitarists.
[Reply]
Buddy Rich 04:00 PM 05-04-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Funny.

I usually mostly talk about my collection in terms of how much of their catalog I have. With Priest, Sabbath, Dio - I have their entire collections through all the lineup changes and everything. One of those I've never mentioned is the Scorpions. I have almost everything they've done with the exception of some of the later stuff.

But I also have a ton of albums in a 2nd tier where I just prefer certain lineups. For example, I really like Motorhead best with Eddie. I have a boxed set of the UFO Chrysalis years. Everything they did with Michael Schenker. He's one of my favorite guitarists.
I was SO into the first two Michael Shenker solo records. He's definitely a great guitarist and one of my favorites as well.

To wrap up the day I've spent listening to old records with Simon Phillips on them, here's one more with my favorite guitar player ever (RIP) on a song he co-wrote, again in 1980. It's not metal but it definitely rocks.

[Reply]
Stryker 07:37 PM 05-05-2023
I'm a drummer and Simon Phillips happens to be one of my favorites. Here is on The Michael Schenker Group record in 1980. This is a good song.

Hell YES! MSG - Armed and Ready! Great band!
[Reply]
Stryker 07:52 PM 05-05-2023

MSG - Victim of Illusion

MSG - On and On

[Reply]
Easy 6 07:04 PM 05-05-2023
Maybe this isn't classified as metal, but just give it the first song and 50% of you will watch it through tonight

Best 42 minutes of your rock n roll lives... AC/DC rampaging through Colchester England like Godzilla, good mercy what an absolute SMOKESHOW

[Reply]
alpha_omega 07:47 PM 05-05-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Maybe this isn't classified as metal…
Hard rock included.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:42 PM 05-05-2023
Judas Priest - The Rage

Judas Priest - You Don't Have to be Old to be Wise

[Reply]
Stryker 07:54 PM 05-05-2023
MSG - Attack of the Mad Axeman

[Reply]
Buddy Rich 06:01 AM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by Stryker:
MSG - Attack of the Mad Axeman

Oh yeah!
[Reply]
Stryker 07:58 PM 05-05-2023
Judas Priest - Diamonds And Rust
Unleashed in the East

[Reply]
htismaqe 10:30 AM 05-07-2023
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Judas Priest - Diamonds And Rust
Unleashed in the East

Originally recorded by Joan fucking Baez. The irony in that. 😂
[Reply]
Buddy Rich 05:59 AM 05-06-2023
HUGE soft spot for Bon era AC/DC. That was an awesome band. First record I learned to play on the drums was Highway to Hell. Second was Priest's British Steel.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:29 PM 05-06-2023
Ya'll need to listen to some new stuff.

[Reply]
KCUnited 08:42 AM 05-07-2023
Drain is my favorite metal band out right now

West Coast crossover perfection

Living Proof just dropped on 5/5

California Cursed was an insta classic

[Reply]
Fishpicker 11:43 AM 05-07-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Drain is my favorite metal band out right now

West Coast crossover perfection

Living Proof just dropped on 5/5

California Cursed was an insta classic

i like those album covers. they remind me of the santa cruz skateboards from the 80s
[Reply]
Page 13 of 29
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up