ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 18
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Media Center>She-Hulk: Attorney at Law
RaidersOftheCellar 11:28 PM 09-09-2022
I assume that the people following this series eat up every Marvel series, right? Not saying there’s anything wrong with that. Haven’t seen many of them. I tried the first episode and I don’t think I can do it. Especially after watching Daredevil recently.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 03:16 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I assume that the people following this series eat up every Marvel series, right? Not saying there’s anything wrong with that. Haven’t seen many of them. I tried the first episode and I don’t think I can do it. Especially after watching Daredevil recently.
Its been meh so far. They kinda butchered Jen's character. Jen likes being She-Hulk.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:20 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Its been meh so far. They kinda butchered Jen's character. Jen likes being She-Hulk.
I feel like they've kept it relatively faithful to her comics, but it just isn't translating to live action all that well for whatever reason.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:22 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I feel like they've kept it relatively faithful to her comics, but it just isn't translating to live action all that well for whatever reason.
Benedict Wong is saving the show. He has good comedic timing and facial expressions.
[Reply]
Jamie 05:19 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
I think it's pretty clear at this point her character arc is learning to like being She-Hulk. She's moved in that direction as the show has gone on.

Like set aside the twerking for a minute, what's the point of that scene? It's Jen enjoying the benefits of being She-Hulk. Being She-Hulk is allowing Jen to hang out with a celebrity she's a fan of.

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I'm enjoying this series quite a lot. I think it is funny as hell.
It seems like a lot of people don't get that this is a sitcom. It's meant to be funny, not epic.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:16 PM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Incorrect. Most of the Disney Marvel series have been trash.

[Reply]
Bowser 04:45 PM 09-10-2022

I've had a few chuckles at it.

Loki was maybe my favorite so far with WandaVision right behind (maybe flip-flop the two depending on my mood), and She-Hulk is likely behind those two. Falcon and Winter Soldier was crap unfortunately, Hawkeye was just ok, and Ms. Marvel was unwatchable for me.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:29 PM 09-10-2022

I gave Moon Knight a try but it seemed pretty lame.

Wandavision seems like it could be interesting.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 01:23 AM 09-10-2022
I've never seen a Marvel anything. I just the writing quality is so high on she hulk I say #1 show of all time!!
[Reply]
penguinz 01:38 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
I've never seen a Marvel anything. I just the writing quality is so high on she hulk I say #1 show of all time!!
Great job of criticizing the writing with a sentence that would score an F in 2nd grade English class.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:21 PM 09-10-2022
I'll repeat myself - is there any better way to bring Deadpool into the MCU than this show with the way she breaks the fourth wall?

Well, there probably really is, but I'd still like to see it. Lol
[Reply]
listopencil 09:03 AM 09-17-2022
I'll repeat myself - is there any better way to bring Deadpool into the MCU than this show with the way she breaks the fourth wall?

Well, there probably really is, but I'd still like to see it. Lol
In the last episode it looked like Daredevil's helmet showed up in a hat box.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:10 AM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
In the last episode it looked like Daredevil's helmet showed up in a hat box.
Thank you. The gold color was throwing me, but I'd bet that's right especially knowing that've already spoiled him showing up in the show.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:32 AM 09-17-2022
Thank you. The gold color was throwing me, but I'd bet that's right especially knowing that've already spoiled him showing up in the show.
Yeah. Same for me about the color, but those horns looked like the distinctive horns. He's also a superhero lawyer so they could fit it in.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:00 AM 09-17-2022
This show doesn't really work in half hour per week increments. Just as it begins to have something interesting, it ends.

The one hour Bill Bixby Hulk formula needs to be applied here. Have cool stuff happen at 15 minutes in, and 44 minutes in. Use the other half hour for your story stuff, but make something interesting happen in the damn show.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 18
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up