ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 12
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lewdog in the market for a new ride.....
lewdog 09:53 PM 02-19-2015
Not really but lewdog has been presented with a pretty good deal and would like to hear from car enthusiasts. Note, I don't know much about cars but I would like to own a somewhat nice one someday. My current ride is a 2001 Toyota Celica with 98k miles. Boy howdy!

My Father-in-law bought a 2005 Mustang GT Premium new on custom order and has kept the car this whole time garaged/covered. He only drove it during the short summers in Montana. It only has 14,500 miles on it! He's done quite a few modifications, which I have scanned below. Not sure what it all means but it's around 10k of modifications.

He's wanting to sell it as it's never gotten much use and is offering it to me for 13k. When comparing this to other Mustang GTs of that year, it's lower in price and has lower miles.

Photos below.

Thoughts on what lewdog should do?

[Reply]
eDave 09:56 PM 02-19-2015
I'm not a Mustang guy but that would be tempting. Nice looking, unique Mustang. Big fan of tan interiors with black exteriors. Is it leather?

Check the insurance rate...
[Reply]
lewdog 10:00 PM 02-19-2015
Originally Posted by eDave:
I'm not a Mustang guy but that would be tempting. Nice looking, unique Mustang. Big fan of tan interiors with black exteriors. Is it leather?

Check the insurance rate...
Yes it's tan leather. Not sure how you keep leather from cracking here in AZ?

Have email into insurance agent for quote. I am sure that's not going to be pretty! :-)
[Reply]
eDave 10:06 PM 02-19-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Have email into insurance agent for quote. I am sure that's not going to be pretty! :-)
Tent the windows to maximum allowed. A must do with that car. Then use a sun visor. Hit up a nice car wash once a year for a leather treatment.

The tan will show dirt. I keep some Armour All towelettes in the glove box.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 03:57 PM 02-20-2015
Originally Posted by eDave:
Tent the windows to maximum allowed. A must do with that car. Then use a sun visor. Hit up a nice car wash once a year for a leather treatment.

The tan will show dirt. I keep some Armour All towelettes in the glove box.
A high end ceramic tint will block 95+% of the UV's and is as clear as you want, no need to go dark. Do the windshield too.
[Reply]
KC native 08:30 AM 02-20-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
As someone else said, tinted windows. Also, use a good leather product like this (doesn't have to be this, but something similar that's not Armorall)....

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Leather_...spi_401_04.htm
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:00 PM 02-19-2015
What's up with all the pictures of your cat and your food? Are you a chick?
[Reply]
lewdog 10:03 PM 02-19-2015
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
My cat rocks motherfucker. Leave her out of this!!!
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:29 AM 02-21-2015
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
:-)
[Reply]
Saccopoo 10:03 PM 02-19-2015
Nice car. I'd buy it for 13k. Easily.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:03 PM 02-19-2015
If you can afford it buy it than flip it haha
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:48 PM 02-19-2015
Black? In Phoenix? Don't touch it with your bare hands in the summertime!
[Reply]
In58men 10:50 PM 02-19-2015
Dumb
[Reply]
TLO 11:14 PM 02-19-2015
The 4:10 gears will make the odometer read incorrectly if I'm not mistaken? He may have had it calibrated through.

You live in a warm weather climate where there is no threat of snow, so I'd say pull the trigger ASAP. I'd buy it for $13k in a heartbeat, even in this shitty Missouri weather.
[Reply]
TribalElder 11:20 PM 02-19-2015
Sack up and buy it
[Reply]
Page 1 of 12
1 234511 > Last »
Up