View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 129 of 343
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179229 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
tmax63 02:33 PM 07-22-2022
Joe Thuney can make a pretty average tackle look better. You don't JT from his position, you let him help whoever they put next to him be serviceable. The Chiefs had crap for a line until last year, they know how to deal with missing the 3-4th best OL in the group.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:40 PM 07-22-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Agreed

The arrogance of his expectations has really soured me on him, play him on the tag this year and move on... his pass block win % against good competition sucks ass
All intents and purposes OBJ duped the FO by saying he's a team player.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:13 PM 07-22-2022
Mahomes just bragged on Brown for a long time at the presser today. Smartest guy on the team. Teammates love him. They talk all the time. etc etc.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:20 PM 07-22-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
All intents and purposes OBJ duped the FO by saying he's a team player.
If he was really a team first player, he stays in Baltimore and plays RT.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:21 PM 07-22-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Mahomes just bragged on Brown for a long time at the presser today. Smartest guy on the team. Teammates love him. They talk all the time. etc etc.

Patrick is the ultimate diplomat, actions are louder than words.

OBJ is monetary centric
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:24 PM 07-22-2022
Tell Einstein to sign the fucking tag and get his fat ass to camp, Patrick
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:31 PM 07-22-2022
If he fucks around too long just call Fisher in and sit Brown on the bench. Let him earn it back.

I was lukewarm on his fit skillset wise to begin with but not hiring an agent until the last minute and then trying to strong arm the team has kinda soured me on him.

If shows up relatively timely and then plays well, then it's all good. But he acts like a bitch then screw it.
[Reply]
srvy 04:33 PM 07-22-2022
Would you expect anything different from Patrick?
[Reply]
srvy 04:35 PM 07-22-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If he fucks around too long just call Fisher in and sit Brown on the bench. Let him earn it back.

I was lukewarm on his fit skillset wise to begin with but not hiring an agent until the last minute and then trying to strong arm the team has kinda soured me on him.

If shows up relatively timely and then plays well, then it's all good. But he acts like a bitch then screw it.
While I like that idea I just wonder if a prideful Fish would come back to the team that dumped him after an injury.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:41 PM 07-22-2022
Don't bother, these idiots are just gonna say it's because that's how Patrick talks. They believe his coach speak only matters when it pertains to things they agree with, like with Alex. Patrick said Alex helped him, so obviously it means Alex was instrumental in Patrick's development.
[Reply]
srvy 04:47 PM 07-22-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Don't bother, these idiots are just gonna say it's because that's how Patrick talks. They believe his coach speak only matters when it pertains to things they agree with, like with Alex. Patrick said Alex helped him, so obviously it means Alex was instrumental in Patrick's development.
Idiots like you think players will talk about other players' money. Spazz
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:14 PM 07-22-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If he ****s around too long just call Fisher in and sit Brown on the bench. Let him earn it back.

All good like you would then sign him long term? :-)

If so, you're more forgiving and more willing to overlook red flags then I would be.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:19 PM 07-22-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
While I like that idea I just wonder if a prideful Fish would come back to the team that dumped him after an injury.
Then he can sit at home and make a bigger divot on the couch.
[Reply]
srvy 05:22 PM 07-22-2022
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Then he can sit at home and make a bigger divot on the couch.
Maybe he is good with it. If he wants to play in 2022 a team will sign him.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:57 PM 07-22-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
All good like you would then sign him long term? :-)

If so, you're more forgiving and more willing to overlook red flags then I would be.
If he plays like an elite LT, then sure. If doesn't, then tag and trade. He's perfect for Tennessee, maybe Pittsburgh. In fact, Staley can never stay healthy in Baltimore, maybe we trade him back. He's perfect for any run-first team. Someone will overpay, but it shouldn't be us. Now, if he plays great, then sure
[Reply]
Page 129 of 343
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179229 > Last »
Up