ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 129 of 295
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179229 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Buehler445 12:10 AM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
CEH going into yesterday's game, had 175 yards after contact and 2.6 yards per carry after contact.

BOTH numbers are superior to Kareem Hunt in 2018.

This fantasy that Kareem Hunt was some unstoppable force is pure nostalgia and nothing more.

And not only that, but after the first 5 games of Kareem's rookie season, he had SEVEN straight games with less than 100 yards rushing.

During that stretch of 7 games, he rushed for 40 yards or less 4 times.

I'm getting pretty tired of having to remind people that even the legendary Kareem Hunt had more than his share of bad games.
:-).

Get used to it.

I already fought this fight. This one isn’t as bad as my TOP thread after the Houston loss last year but it’s close.

It’s painful how some hold on.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...&highlight=PSA
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:19 AM 10-19-2020
I care about how many more Super Bowls we win than leading rushers in the league that don't win Super Bowls.

I'm happy and trust Brett Veach for listening to his Super Bowl winning MVP quarterback Patrick Mahomes II to take Clyde Edwards-Helaire to run it back.

They also picked Clyde Edwards-Helaire not knowing that Damian Williams was going opt out for the season so Bell coming available is about missing that component in the run game but Clyde Edwards-Helaire is the guy they're counting on.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:22 AM 10-19-2020
Besides, how’d Kareem look today? 81 yards 0TD 1 fumble.

Good thing he rocked the universe.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:32 AM 10-19-2020
We won a Super Bowl without Kareem Hunt and we'll win more without him and we will win more Super Bowls with Clyde Edwards-Helaire.

The Browns is a good team for Kareem Hunt to play cuz when Frank Clark hits him he is going shit his pants at least he will be wearing brown pants.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:21 AM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Jury is still out on Clyde...he really hasn't matched his stellar debut performance. He's been serviceable...with some good moments.

IMO, he should be getting more 4-6 yard gains against 3 and 4 man fronts. He didn't get a preseason and is a rookie...so we'll see.

Bell is regarded as one the best pass catching RBs in NFL history...you dont lose that ability in one year. His vision is elite...

The current trend in defensing KC...is to drop everyone into coverage. This is happening due to CEH's ineffectiveness. Teams are daring the Chiefs to run on them...Bell, in theory, is the perfect antidote vs. 3 and 4 man fronts.

If he is even 75% of what he was with the Steelers...KC will be unstoppable.

It looked like they were going to be after the Texans game...disappointed it appeared to be an anomoly...for now.

Bell should be RB1...and Clyde RB2. Le'Veon is multi-year all pro player. Watch and learn...like Mahomes in year one.
CEH had 5 runs in the first 3 drives - 9, 8, 3, 6, and 8 yards.

And then he had 5 more carries the rest of the game.

The coaches have to use him.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 07:39 AM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Jury is still out on Clyde...he really hasn't matched his stellar debut performance. He's been serviceable...with some good moments.

IMO, he should be getting more 4-6 yard gains against 3 and 4 man fronts. He didn't get a preseason and is a rookie...so we'll see.

Bell is regarded as one the best pass catching RBs in NFL history...you dont lose that ability in one year. His vision is elite...

The current trend in defensing KC...is to drop everyone into coverage. This is happening due to CEH's ineffectiveness. Teams are daring the Chiefs to run on them...Bell, in theory, is the perfect antidote vs. 3 and 4 man fronts.

If he is even 75% of what he was with the Steelers...KC will be unstoppable.

It looked like they were going to be after the Texans game...disappointed it appeared to be an anomoly...for now.

Bell should be RB1...and Clyde RB2. Le'Veon is multi-year all pro player. Watch and learn...like Mahomes in year one.
“Jury is still out” well no fucking shit. The rookie has played in 5 games, in a corona impacted camp behind a dumpster fire of an O line. If In 3 years he hasn’t set the world on fire we can let the jury deliberate.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:09 AM 10-19-2020
guys, the offensive line is BAD.

Nobody's going to rack up big yards on the ground behind that consistently. Bell won't either. They've either got to play better as a unit, or find some new bodies.

I don't blame Veach, he tried to address the situation, but Covid took two and now injuries another.

Some of us have been insisting that the offensive line play is subpar and a bigger weakness than who lines up at RB for quite awhile now.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:50 AM 10-19-2020
OL is subpar for certain. CEH is a good player and will get better as the OL plays better. Just may may not be this season. We need better fatties at guard and center.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:51 AM 10-19-2020
Unless Mike Remmers is Mike McGlynn-level bad, Andy has a way of taking bad or mediocre offensive lines and eventually figuring out a solution. It might not happen this week or until the very end of the season, but I'm confident we'll at least stop being absolutely horrendous at the position. That's what history tells us anyway.
[Reply]
O.city 08:51 AM 10-19-2020
He's not getting enough carries, he's been good. But why would you give him more carries, it takes the ball out of Mahomes hands anyway.
[Reply]
TEX 08:52 AM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Nobody's going to rack up big yards on the ground behind that consistently. Bell won't either. They've either got to play better as a unit, or find some new bodies.

I don't blame Veach, he tried to address the situation, but Covid took two and now injuries another.

Some of us have been insisting that the offensive line play is subpar and a bigger weakness than who lines up at RB for quite awhile now.
Agree with all of this... The OL is bad enough , as is, do derail any chance to run it back, if it does not imprive.
[Reply]
O.city 08:54 AM 10-19-2020
We don't have a great run blocking OL. It's good at pass blocking.

I would love to have a great all around OL. But in a salary capped league, some things just have to happen certain ways.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:01 AM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
CEH had 5 runs in the first 3 drives - 9, 8, 3, 6, and 8 yards.

And then he had 5 more carries the rest of the game.

The coaches have to use him.
I know you and I have already discussed this, but IMO hes not a true RB1. Hes a really good RB2. Hes not the type of back you want getting 20 runs a game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:21 AM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

So what's you're solution? Do nothing?

There aren't any magical upgrades out there for the OL. They're going to have to improve organically. They picked up the RB because he was there and available. That's it, there's nothing more to it.

Furthermore, we all seem to forget that this is an Andy Reid team. It doesn't matter how good the OL or RB is at some point if they simply don't run the ball. We are going to see a lot of games this year, just like last year and just like 2018 with Kareem Hunt, where the lead back has 9 or 10 carries and that's it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:23 AM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I know you and I have already discussed this, but IMO hes not a true RB1. Hes a really good RB2. Hes not the type of back you want getting 20 runs a game.
Yeah, because the one time they gave him the ball 20 times, he only lead the league in rushing that week and a was a candidate for the FedEx Ground award. :-)
[Reply]
Page 129 of 295
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179229 > Last »
Up