ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 128 of 141
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
wazu 10:07 AM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by sedated:
From what they said on the radio (a couple of times), it would be a retractable roof dome.
Hadn't heard that. Sounded like everything was just "dome" from what I read and heard. Glad to hear this at least, although as stated I wish it were just open air. Force the decision to play games in cold weather which I think is a significant advantage for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:21 AM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Whatever counties Wichita and Topeka are in, but thanks for making my point. And why would you laugh, it's just a money game, who cares if the Chiefs move and end up in a stadium fitting of modern day football?
I admit that I'm skimming but there isn't a person in Kansas, including those that live in Topeka or Wichita or any other meaningless city west of Clinton Lake or south of Olathe that believes for one nano second that the Chiefs would move there.

Originally Posted by wazu:
Hadn't heard that. Sounded like everything was just "dome" from what I read and heard. Glad to hear this at least, although as stated I wish it were just open air. Force the decision to play games in cold weather which I think is a significant advantage for the Chiefs.

First, this isn't happening. Second, why would they? Last season people lost fingers and toes. Fuck that.
[Reply]
wazu 10:34 AM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
First, this isn't happening. Second, why would they? Last season people lost fingers and toes. Fuck that.
And they won. They then went on the road and won 2 more cold weather games. People that lost fingers need to be less stupid. I was at the game and even tailgated before with my family. We were all fine. The Dolphins stood zero chance in that weather and it was awesome.
[Reply]
vonBobo 10:38 AM 06-18-2024
They owe KC a second and better attempt.
They don't "owe" anything to JaCo. Their responsibility is to make money and they are now a free agent.
[Reply]
wazu 11:01 AM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by vonBobo:
They don't "owe" anything to JaCo. Their responsibility is to make money and they are now a free agent.
JaCo has been very good to the Chiefs for 60 years. If the Chiefs want to turn around and say fuck you to the largest county in KC and the state off Missouri overall they obviously have that choice. But it would be pretty shitty.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:03 AM 06-18-2024
Is it even a question anymore that they sandbagged the proposal? Everything they've done and said recently indicates they want a new stadium.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:03 AM 06-18-2024
JaCo has been very good to the Chiefs for 60 years. If the Chiefs want to turn around and say fuck you to the largest county in KC and the state off Missouri overall they obviously have that choice. But it would be pretty shitty.
Voters said they were fine with the team leaving the county.

Elections have consequences.
[Reply]
wazu 11:06 AM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Voters said they were fine with the team leaving the county.

Elections have consequences.
I wish they hadn't. But if voters turn around and give the Chiefs exactly what they asked for a few months later, only cutting out the Royals, why would the Chiefs reject that? If they just wanted out no matter what they already knew Kansas would build them a dome.
[Reply]
wazu 11:09 AM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Is it even a question anymore that they sandbagged the proposal? Everything they've done and said recently indicates they want a new stadium.
I think it's a question. There was a general belief that the measure was going to pass in April until right before the election when it became clear it was a fight. If the Chiefs for sure wanted out, they took a pretty big risk.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 11:22 AM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
Really stupid people lost fingers and toes and it was a microscopic number compared to the number of people who attended that game. You don't need to take away what football is supposed to be (a game played in the elements with wind, rain, snow, cold, and heat) to appease the few dumb fucks that don't know how to dress for extremely cold temperatures.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:52 AM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Really stupid people lost fingers and toes and it was a microscopic number compared to the number of people who attended that game. You don't need to take away what football is supposed to be (a game played in the elements with wind, rain, snow, cold, and heat) to appease the few dumb ****s that don't know how to dress for extremely cold temperatures.
This is some truefan nonsense, I'm sorry to say. Winters aren't going to get LESS extreme moving forward.

It isn't even a question by the way. Roof=Superbowl end of argument.

And we would have kicked the shit out of the Dolphins no matter what. Cold weather didn't win that game, Mahomes and the defense did.

Just let this go. Freezing your ass off for some kind of advantage is going away. Get used to it.
[Reply]
wazu 11:55 AM 06-18-2024
Yes let's wreck the game experience so we can host a Super Bowl once every quarter century. "End of argument" my ass. If the Packers can play without a roof in Green Bay fucking Wisconsin we can sure as hell do it in KC.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:56 AM 06-18-2024
Wreck the game experience lmao
[Reply]
wazu 12:00 PM 06-18-2024
Eh, I may be a little extreme on that, but I've been to a football game in a dome and the atmosphere was not as good as outdoors.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:20 PM 06-18-2024
To be clear when I say the argument is over, I don't mean the argument of whether the dome ruins the gameday experience. If you think freezing your ass off is part of it, I'm not arguing that.

What I'm saying is if Clark is faced with the option of "have a Super Bowl in KC" vs. "keep the game day experience of Jackson County residents getting absolutely blasted so they don't feel the cold anymore and/or doing a piss luge in the bathroom" well you can go ahead and bet your last dollar the Chiefs will have a new stadium with a retractable roof.

Don't worry you can still lose fingers and toes in the parking lot and they can also open the roof to make Dolphins players uncomfortably below 60 degrees.
[Reply]
Page 128 of 141
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138 > Last »
Up