ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 128 of 185
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138178 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:04 AM 12-08-2022
you guys know full well karlaftis is getting 2 sacks sunday and we're going to be stroking it hard in this thread
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:07 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Jermaine Johnson has 7 sacks?

No, he has 2.5. Same as Karlaftis.

Hutchinson was the #2 overall pick. Is that our expectations for a guy we took at 30?

God damn you're reeruned.
It's really hard to have a conversation with someone when blanket facts are wrong.

Thibodeaux has 2 sacks as well in case anyone cared to bring up how many more he sacks has than Karlaftis...

I just don't understand it. No one is claming Karlaftis or Moore has played at a superstar level. There are those of who are judging them as a final product and those of us who understand that these are rookies with inevitable growing pains and maturation.
[Reply]
JPH83 09:10 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
It's really hard to have a conversation with someone when blanket facts are wrong.

Thibodeaux has 2 sacks as well in case anyone cared to bring up how many more he sacks has than Karlaftis...

I just don't understand it. No one is claming Karlaftis or Moore has played at a superstar level. There are those of who are judging them as a final product and those of us who understand that these are rookies with inevitable growing pains and maturation.
There are also those saying he's a rookie who'll need time but hasn't been particularly good. I reckon the last 2 games he's been a little better, not just shown by the sacks.
[Reply]
O.city 09:12 AM 12-08-2022
He was an end of the first/early second round DE.

People having expectations of this going differently or similarly to a learning curve of a guy going in the top 5 at DE were always going to be upset/wrong. That's on them.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:13 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
There are also those saying he's a rookie who'll need time but hasn't been particularly good. I reckon the last 2 games he's been a little better, not just shown by the sacks.
I'm sorry, but when he was just getting pressures and not sacks, I could understand, but now that the sacks are coming, if you're still not satisfied, it's because your expectations are clearly too high or you don't want to be.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 09:23 AM 12-08-2022
Karlaftis is doing exactly what you want your SDE to do. You want huge sack production? That is the WDEs responsibility. Get after Frank Clark
[Reply]
Urc Burry 09:37 AM 12-08-2022
He has identical measurables to Nick Bosa and doesn’t turn 22 until next April. I’m going to relax on this one. I don’t think he’ll ever be a consistent high teen sacks guy. Probably closer to 10-13 a year. But that will still be a win
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:27 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
If sacks are all that matters (and not pressures), OBJ is going to reset the LT market.

If pressures actually matter, then not so much.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:32 PM 12-08-2022
anyone claiming sacks are the end all be all needs to watch this. Trey Hendrickson didn’t have a sack on the boxscore but he was ruining plays for us and putting Orlando Brown Jr in hell.

Trey Hendrickson didn't have a sack on Sunday, but he was still generating a ton of pressure. He had whatever he wanted against Orlando Brown. Either swipes around the outside or speed to power right through him. pic.twitter.com/17BEwkf370

— Mike (@bengals_sans) December 6, 2022

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:53 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
anyone claiming sacks are the end all be all needs to watch this. Trey Hendrickson didn’t have a sack on the boxscore but he was ruining plays for us and putting Orlando Brown Jr in hell.

Anyone, claiming not finishing a play is ok is just making excuses for a limited player. Who's suppose to help the passrush yet the Chiefs still need a better passrush.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:56 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Anyone, claiming not finishing a play is ok is just making excuses for a limited player
Sacks don't qualify as finishing plays now?

Just admit that you've now moved the goalposts. At least that would be intellectually honest.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:00 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Sacks don't qualify as finishing plays now?

Just admit that you've now moved the goalposts. At least that would be intellectually honest.
Be honest, you're being homer if you're not looking at the situation of 5hose sacks a coverage and a sack against a 3rd stringer. I even said as such before the Rams game
[Reply]
staylor26 02:02 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Be honest, you're being homer if you're not looking at the situation of 5hose sacks a coverage and a sack against a 3rd stringer. I even said as such before the Rams game
So we've established that pressures weren't good enough because they weren't sacks, now sacks alone aren't good enough either.

You posted the other rookie's sack totals (some which were completely off) with ZERO context. I'm sure none of those were coverage sacks and they were all agaisnt All-Pros.

What a twat you are.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:04 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I'm not trying to troll here, I just don't see Karlaftis making these kinds of plays consistently.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:06 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I'm not trying to troll here, I just don't see Karlaftis making these kinds of plays consistently.
And Trey Hendrickson was as a rookie?

Karlaftis has already surpassed his rookie sacks total.

It's absurd that you guys think a 21 year old rookie is supposed to be a finished product.
[Reply]
Page 128 of 185
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138178 > Last »
Up