ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 127 of 139
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs acquire WR Kadarius Toney via Trade
Dante84 10:30 AM 10-27-2022

Breaking: The #Giants are trading WR Kadarius Toney to the #Chiefs, per @Schultz_Report. A conditional 3rd and a 6th rounder go to NYG.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) October 27, 2022

[Reply]
philfree 12:16 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, it's literally been two weeks. Keep your panties on.
Toney's history says we should keep our expectations low and to not count on him for anything. He was worth taking a swing at but unless he can show the ability to stay on the field it's barely a hit.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:20 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by philfree:
Toney's history says we should keep our expectations low and to not count on him for anything. He was worth taking a swing at but unless he can show the ability to stay on the field it's barely a hit.
I don't think anyone is disputing that Toney has an injury-plagued history.

But labeling him one thing or another after a couple weeks is kind of ridiculous, even for CP.

i know it's a huge stretch, but we could wait and see for, i don't know, half a season? before we start criticizing the kid or the trade.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:26 PM 12-08-2022
We're still trying to earn the 1-seed. So it's still all hands on deck until that goal is achieved or is no longer a factor.

Toney needs as many live snaps as he can get before the playoffs begin to get as comfortable as possible in the offense.

Andy and his offensive staff need Toney to play as many live snaps as possible to evaluate what Toney's strengths and weaknesses are within the offense.

Toney will play if he's healthy. he practiced yesterday, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's 100% yet. If he has a FP tomorrow, he probably plays.
Right!

This is the kind of defense we need to play against. Can we score 30 on a D like this?

I expect Denver will pull some special teams shit on us, will Toub have them ready or sleep walking?

It would be nice to see our D hold them to 10 points or under but I fully expect this to be Russells best game. Really hope Im wrong on that.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 12:30 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I'm worried that he could be a guy who makes a big impact when healthy but is never healthy. I don't know a lot about his specific injuries though. Trade was still a good idea either way.
If this turns out to be the case then I propose we call him Kadarius Toneaki.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:34 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons:
If this turns out to be the case then I propose we call him Kadarius Toneaki.
Rolls right off the tongue.
[Reply]
philfree 12:55 PM 12-08-2022

But labeling him one thing or another after a couple weeks is kind of ridiculous, even for CP.

i know it's a huge stretch, but we could wait and see for, i don't know, half a season? before we start criticizing the kid or the trade.
I ain't knocking the trade but I'm reading people and they're acting like Toney is a replacement for Hardman and such. They're referencing Toney in regard to the future and him being part of it. That'd be great but he's hardly part of the present. He's been in KC for 5-6 weeks and he's played in a game and a qtr. He couldn't stay on the field in NY. I'm not criticizing Toney as much as just looking at the facts and keeping a level head.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:58 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Yeah they need to get proactive with him at this point

Wrap his hammies with heat pads when he's on the sideline, put him on a stationary bike... do something
Guys prone to these injuries are just prone to these injuries. Sammy Watkins, Michael Vick, Toney, many many others.

I think guys that are really explosive sometimes are too explosive almost.

I'm confident the teams athletic trainers and staff know the best way to try to remedy this stuff but some dudes are just injury prone.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:00 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I'm worried that he could be a guy who makes a big impact when healthy but is never healthy. I don't know a lot about his specific injuries though. Trade was still a good idea either way.
Sammy Watkins 2.0 would not be the worst scenario. At least Toney is much cheaper than Watkins. If he's able to make valuable contributions in the Playoffs like Sammy, that would be huge for the team.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:02 PM 12-08-2022
Travis Kelce was an injured bum according to CP once too. But in the same season the masses were right about Sanders Comings.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:05 PM 12-08-2022
lol Sanders Comings. Now that is a name I have not heard in a long time.

A long time.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:27 PM 12-08-2022
Week 1 Sammie & Post season Sammie were excellent. If Toney gives us that production in the post season the trade was worth it.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:51 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Guys prone to these injuries are just prone to these injuries. Sammy Watkins, Michael Vick, Toney, many many others.

I'm confident the teams athletic trainers and staff know the best way to try to remedy this stuff but some dudes are just injury prone.
You're not wrong, it'd just be nice to see something being tried... stationary bikes aren't new, but maybe keeping their hams warm artificially is?

I'm just spitballing here, grasping at something to keep this stick of dynamite in play :-)
[Reply]
notorious 05:53 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

That's what made Hill even more of a freak.

He held up pretty well all and all considering.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 05:57 PM 12-08-2022

can he stay on the field 1/2 a season?
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:04 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
can he stay on the field 1/2 a season?
Well, he's played an entire college season before, so it's possible. And other players in the past have had a shaky injury history to begin their careers but then were consistently able to play entire seasons for years, so it's not like we're talking about some unheard of thing.

And while we're at it, Kadarius apparently is chomping at the bit to play; he thinks he's good to go. The hold up isn't him at this point.

But this is the Chiefs, and this organization likes to be pretty conservative about bringing players back after a hamstring injury (almost any injury for that matter), so I guess we'll see. But it's not like Toney is sitting around trying to find ways not to play.
[Reply]
Page 127 of 139
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137 > Last »
Up