ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 127 of 185
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Lzen 08:35 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Anyone watching his tape over the last four or five games will have seen that he's been beating his man and came very close to getting a sack but the qb's were getting the ball out just a second quicker or his fellow defender gets there and earns the sack just as he gets there. Trey Hendrickson is his comp to me and Trey had two sacks combined in his first two seasons. Then got four and a half in his third season and took off from there. We just have to be patient with the kid and I'm sure it will work out fine.
Hopefully, he takes off sooner than that. :-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:39 AM 11-28-2022
Defensive Line is one of those positions where a rookie can make immediate huge impact but it often takes a year or two to see what a player will really be.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:40 PM 11-28-2022

Rookie pass rush win rate leaders:

Kayvon Thibodeaux 14.5%
Arnold Ebiketie 12.6%
George Karlaftis 12.5%
Aidan Hutchinson 11.1%
Travon Walker 9.2% pic.twitter.com/MIi4epn9c2

— NFL Rookie Watch (@NFLRookieWatxh) November 28, 2022

[Reply]
RunKC 09:57 PM 12-07-2022
He’s legitimately doing better but he still has a ways to go. Good sign seeing him have consecutive sack games

Most QB hurries by rookies this season:

George Karlaftis 26
Aidan Hutchinson 26
Travon Walker 21
Kayvon Thibodeaux 21
Arnold Ebiketie 16 pic.twitter.com/PokNvi9gWy

— NFL Rookie Watch (@NFLRookieWatxh) December 8, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:14 PM 12-07-2022
bet he gets 5 sacks in the last 5 games
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:14 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He’s legitimately doing better but he still has a ways to go. Good sign seeing him have consecutive sack games

Always a step too late or slow finishing the play
[Reply]
staylor26 11:30 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Always a step too late or slow finishing the play
Lol figures he has back to back games with a sack and you still want to push this narrative.

First pressures weren't enough, now apparently sacks aren't either.

The guy is a 21 year old rookie and he's getting better.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:15 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol figures he has back to back games with a sack and you still want to push this narrative.

Against a practice squad QB and a coverage sack. With his win rate he should have at least 5. Hutchinson has 7 sacks Jermaine Johnson has 7 and Williams has 3.

You can't teach speed he's a" try hard" white guy who has had the most snaps taken by a rookie DE. Thus more chances with average results. Keep those rose colored glasses on
[Reply]
JPH83 01:17 AM 12-08-2022
Against a practice squad QB and a coverage sack. With his win rate he should have at least 5. Hutchinson has 7 sacks Jermaine Johnson has 7 and Williams has 3.

You can't teach speed he's a" try hard" white guy who has had the most snaps taken by a rookie DE. Thus more chances with average results. Keep those rose colored glasses on
Isn't his win rate actually kinda low. I'm sure it was around 11% a few weeks back, maybe it's ticked up. But yeah, this season he's just a guy trying hard every snap and not getting near enough to the QB.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:38 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Isn't his win rate actually kinda low. I'm sure it was around 11% a few weeks back, maybe it's ticked up. But yeah, this season he's just a guy trying hard every snap and not getting near enough to the QB.
He also has Chris Jones taking multiple blockers leaving him with 1 on 1 snaps against OTs which is an easy task for Karlaftis to take advantage because he was always double teamed when he was at Purdue which effected his ability to register sacks/finishing a play.

This sentiment has been conveyed during the preseason but has been walked back because of Karlaftis' physical limitations to close.
[Reply]
TEX 06:20 AM 12-08-2022

Now tell us more stats about how good CEH is, and about how we should sign OBJ to top LT extension...Because that's what you do. And mock everyone else who has a different opinion than you,which turns out to be right later on. :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 08:55 AM 12-08-2022

Jermaine Johnson has 7 sacks?

No, he has 2.5. Same as Karlaftis.

Hutchinson was the #2 overall pick. Is that our expectations for a guy we took at 30?

God damn you're reeruned.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:57 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Now tell us more stats about how good CEH is, and about how we should sign OBJ to top LT extension...Because that's what you do. And mock everyone else who has a different opinion than you,which turns out to be right later on. :-)
Oh looks like somebody is a little butthurt that I called them out for being a fucking whiny bitch for the last 6 months.

I never said I was always right dumbass, but definitely far more often that you two whiny cunts.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:59 AM 12-08-2022

Let me guess. You were suuuuuuper patient with Justin Houston in his 2011 rookie season.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:59 AM 12-08-2022
Jermaine Johnson has 7 sacks?

No, he has 2.5.

Hutchinson was the #2 overall pick.

God damn you're reeruned.
He has admitted his opinion is 100% based on who he wanted to draft and he is mad about it. Pretty comical. His hate for George has nothing to do with George's performance and is solely to do with he didn't get what he wanted.

The funniest thing is he hasn't even been proven right at this point to even be mad about it.
[Reply]
Page 127 of 185
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137177 > Last »
Up