View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 127 of 343
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137177227 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
TEX 09:00 AM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I agree. It bought the Chiefs 2 seasons to solve the LT problem. They were in a mess without Fisher after Williams chose to stay in San Francisco. Veach has seen that his demands are unreasonable and will be planning how best to solve the LT problem for the future during the months between now and when free agency begins again.
Yep. That's exactly why the tag was and is the best option. Buys time to solve the problem by coming up with a plan to replace OBJ or time to work it out with him.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:43 AM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I mean Trent Williams, according to PFF, had the best season of any player in the NFL last year. Not best season for a LT. Best season for a player regardless of position. If Brown goes out and does THAT, then I would absolutely reconsider his demands. A truly elite LT is worth big money.

The problem is that we haven't seen any indication that his ceiling is close to that high. And unless he becomes a truly elite LT then I have no interest in paying him like one. This team can't afford to be throwing that kind of money at guys who aren't absolutely worth it.
Well yea.

When the previous poster said a Trent Williams year I took it figuratively not literally. So like a top 3 LT year. But even that wouldn't mean he would maintain that level of motivation.

Frank Clark was once an elite wrecking machine... :-)
[Reply]
-King- 09:47 AM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I actually enjoy the parts of the NFL that Vegas cant ruin...seeing Chiefs draft picks overachieve is cool..sadly, all the talent in the world is no match for officiating and point spreads.
Lol wait...why can't Vegas ruin the draft?
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:58 AM 07-20-2022
Watch ESPN and NFLN cut to a commercial while the Chiefs are on the clock... as they host the goddamn thing.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:04 AM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I actually enjoy the parts of the NFL that Vegas cant ruin...seeing Chiefs draft picks overachieve is cool..sadly, all the talent in the world is no match for officiating and point spreads.
Or scripts. Or their own coaches throwing games. Or black magik voodoo pussy.

You and I both know if a player "overachieves" it's by design.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:07 AM 07-20-2022
Sign Duane Brown or Eric Fisher. Move Orlando to RT. Trade Orlando in the offseason.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:10 AM 07-20-2022
The retards in this thread keep getting more retarded.
[Reply]
-King- 10:12 AM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Right. Like they can't script a game so that one player dominates.

Blackop is such a sheep.
[Reply]
philfree 11:24 AM 07-20-2022
So did this POS ever sign his tag?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:30 PM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by philfree:
So did this POS ever sign his tag?
No, once he signs he can be fined for not showing up. When he signs he will start showing up. Don't look for him to sign until the last week of TC at the earliest.
[Reply]
rtmike 03:49 PM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
No, once he signs he can be fined for not showing up. When he signs he will start showing up. Don't look for him to sign until the last week of TC at the earliest.

And then play hurt all year, lol.

I mean cmon. We traded for a disgruntled tackle wanting to only play the left side since his ol man preached that's where the $$ is.

Shocker!!!
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:13 PM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
The reeruns in this thread keep getting more reeruned.
I scrolled down a bit and thought... shit is this a GDT and the Chiefs are losing in the 1st quarter, because all the retards showed up!
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:39 PM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Watch ESPN and NFLN cut to a commercial while the Chiefs are on the clock... as they host the goddamn thing.
They won't cut away from our pick, not just because we are hosting the draft, but because we will be the last pick of the night...:-)
[Reply]
raybec 4 05:31 PM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

This is true, it's all a sham (unless the Chiefs win, then it's totally real)
[Reply]
tredadda 08:23 PM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by sedated:
Chiefs got duped if they thought the guy who forced his way out of Baltimore because he "wanted to play LT" (right before his rookie deal expired) would give them a team-friendly deal.
Except they did offer him not only a fair deal, but a team friendly one. It appears that even then it was not good enough.
[Reply]
Page 127 of 343
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137177227 > Last »
Up