ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 127 of 141
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:15 PM 06-17-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Why in the world do you think Bally’s would stop and negotiate with one team - in the #30 market - when they’re in the midst of these proceedings, losing money hand-over-fist, and their lawyers and contract people are trying to manage that whole mess?

They’re not negotiating anything new with any single team. They’re desperately trying to get out of/and or survive the contracts they DO have.

I’m sure the Royals would be willing to negotiate something like what you suggest with Bally’s. I would also be willing to negotiate Alexandra Daddario joining Mrs. Idaho and I in a throuple. Neither one of those things is based in reality.
Fair enough, no need to get emotional, let them move to JOCO or WYCO. The way I see it, it's one "tax" that might go away, but so far the Royals haven't shown me anything that's worth worrying about what side of the line they're on. If it takes them moving to KS to actually build something nice, go for it. If it's about what's around the stadium, well, we've seen how little the Royals owner is willing to invest in areas "around the park" in their current location.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:24 PM 06-17-2024
Originally Posted by tk13:
You really don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to see how this might end. The Chiefs said the previous plan was the best they could do with the area around Arrowhead, people voted no and they accepted that and said they're going to look at other options now, and now this. I don't think they're going to go back to Frank White unless they absolutely have to.

And this is fine, the team is going to go where they milk the most out of the people who are hungry. I'm not saying JACO isn't, but in the grand scheme of things JACO gets shit from Jeff City while JOCO and WYCO are the only two counties all of Kansas seems to have to drop their pants for. IOW, I've heard the KG Governor chime-in very politically correctly on the effort, but it's key that KS is working the effort with Topeka in mind. Meanwhile I've heard nothing from Jeff City about how to keep MO teams in MO, Why? Because we're not St. Louis.

Perhaps after Missouri loses the Rams, Chiefs, and Royals they'll rethink how much the state wants Pro teams. Either way, if the Royals and Chiefs are in WYCO and/or JOCO, I can still attend all the games I want to and the citizens of KS can begin their journey with these teams.
[Reply]
tk13 09:36 PM 06-17-2024
Actually missed this tweet earlier. The Chiefs lawyer also said they are looking to build a $2 billion dome. First time someone representing the Chiefs has actually said that I believe.

Korb Maxwell, representing Chiefs, says they are estimating $2 billion cost for a new domed stadium. Also says they'll need several hundred acres to ensure at least 20,000 parking spaces to protect the #ChiefsKingdom tailgating culture.

— Dave D'Marko (@DaveDMarko) June 17, 2024

[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 09:43 PM 06-17-2024
Just fucking LOL if both the Chiefs and Royals move to Kansas.
[Reply]
Fish 10:14 PM 06-17-2024
Actually missed this tweet earlier. The Chiefs lawyer also said they are looking to build a $2 billion dome. First time someone representing the Chiefs has actually said that I believe.

This is strange. From what I can gather online, this guy isn't actually a Chiefs lawyer in the sense that he's actively employed by the Chiefs. The Chiefs' lawyer is a guy named Christopher Shea.

This guy is a KC real estate lawyer that seems to be speaking on behalf of the Chiefs' potential possibilities in this situation rather than for the Chiefs in an official capacity. Any backstory on how he is legally representing the Chiefs?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:23 PM 06-17-2024
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
Just ****ing LOL if both the Chiefs and Royals move to Kansas.
Jackson County had their chance. They said no. It should surprise NO ONE that the Chiefs are exploring their options.
[Reply]
wazu 10:30 PM 06-17-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Jackson County had their chance. They said no. It should surprise NO ONE that the Chiefs are exploring their options.
Yeah, but bullshit. Chiefs threw a one-time chance into the ring with a doomed Royals downtown stadium plan. They owe KC a second and better attempt.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:38 PM 06-17-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Yeah, but bullshit. Chiefs threw a one-time chance into the ring with a doomed Royals downtown stadium plan. They owe KC a second and better attempt.
Maybe they'll see what KS offers and see if MO can beat it?
[Reply]
DaFace 10:57 PM 06-17-2024
Originally Posted by Fish:
This is strange. From what I can gather online, this guy isn't actually a Chiefs lawyer in the sense that he's actively employed by the Chiefs. The Chiefs' lawyer is a guy named Christopher Shea.

This guy is a KC real estate lawyer that seems to be speaking on behalf of the Chiefs' potential possibilities in this situation rather than for the Chiefs in an official capacity. Any backstory on how he is legally representing the Chiefs?
They probably just retained him for this process. Their general counsel doesn't necessarily have deep real estate expertise.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:27 AM 06-18-2024
It's worth noting that, as usual, this is a "Kansas" (State) vs. Jackson County fight. I'll hand it to the state of Kansas, they treat the Kansas area around Kansas City as very fertile poaching ground while Missouri pretty-much turns a blind eye to any area other than St. Louis. It's all good, I doubt I'll ever be a STH again, and if they move to the Kansas side of the line, the drive over there will still be shorter than when I drive to my Missouri-side international airport. When I do drive over for the occasional game, it'll be nice to sit in the comfort of a dome on a hot early-season game or a cold late-season game.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:13 AM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
And this is fine, the team is going to go where they milk the most out of the people who are hungry. I'm not saying JACO isn't, but in the grand scheme of things JACO gets shit from Jeff City while JOCO and WYCO are the only two counties all of Kansas seems to have to drop their pants for. IOW, I've heard the KG Governor chime-in very politically correctly on the effort, but it's key that KS is working the effort with Topeka in mind. Meanwhile I've heard nothing from Jeff City about how to keep MO teams in MO, Why? Because we're not St. Louis.

Perhaps after Missouri loses the Rams, Chiefs, and Royals they'll rethink how much the state wants Pro teams. Either way, if the Royals and Chiefs are in WYCO and/or JOCO, I can still attend all the games I want to and the citizens of KS can begin their journey with these teams.

lol what other counties should Kansas be catering to?

Here's hoping the Chiefs move to Douglas County I would never stop laughing
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:44 AM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
lol what other counties should Kansas be catering to?

Here's hoping the Chiefs move to Douglas County I would never stop laughing
Whatever counties Wichita and Topeka are in, but thanks for making my point. And why would you laugh, it's just a money game, who cares if the Chiefs move and end up in a stadium fitting of modern day football?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:53 AM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by Fish:

In-house legal teams aren't typically staffed up to cover ALL legal specialties. It would be expensive and inefficient.

So what they do instead is retain outside counsel who ARE specialized in areas, when and as needed.

In-house attorneys will have some specialties of their own, but depending on the size of the legal team may still outsource a big part of work that they COULD do. An in-house attorney/legal team is going to operate more like a CEO than anything else.
[Reply]
sedated 10:02 AM 06-18-2024

From what they said on the radio (a couple of times), it would be a retractable roof dome.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:05 AM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Whatever counties Wichita and Topeka are in, but thanks for making my point. And why would you laugh, it's just a money game, who cares if the Chiefs move and end up in a stadium fitting of modern day football?
Sedgewick and Shawnee.

Wichita or Topeka would be horrible places for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Page 127 of 141
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137 > Last »
Up