View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 126 of 343
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136176226 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:25 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Why would him having a career year in a contract year make you change your mind on whether he would let himself go after getting paid.

:-)

It wouldn't for me.

I mean I guess it does raise his ceiling but it sure as hell doesn't raise his floor.
I mean Trent Williams, according to PFF, had the best season of any player in the NFL last year. Not best season for a LT. Best season for a player regardless of position. If Brown goes out and does THAT, then I would absolutely reconsider his demands. A truly elite LT is worth big money.

The problem is that we haven't seen any indication that his ceiling is close to that high. And unless he becomes a truly elite LT then I have no interest in paying him like one. This team can't afford to be throwing that kind of money at guys who aren't absolutely worth it.
[Reply]
irafreak 09:34 PM 07-19-2022
We trade this shiece of pit yet?
[Reply]
srvy 09:54 PM 07-19-2022
Trade this ungrateful shitstain the sooner the better. He saw all the speed rushers he will face this year in the AFC West and knows he will get exposed. Fat ass stain needs to be gone.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:00 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
Trade this ungrateful shitstain the sooner the better. He saw all the speed rushers he will face this year in the AFC West and knows he will get exposed. Fat ass stain needs to be gone.
I'm not sure what he should be so "grateful" for. He was paid to do a job, he did the job and now they are negotiating the next payday. "Grateful" shouldn't factor in. They didn't rescue him from a homeless shelter for fucks sake.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:04 PM 07-19-2022
Dear God, this place just gets stupider and stupider. The Brown hate is fucking insane.
[Reply]
srvy 10:09 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I'm not sure what he should be so "grateful" for. He was paid to do a job, he did the job and now they are negotiating the next payday. "Grateful" shouldn't factor in. They didn't rescue him from a homeless shelter for fucks sake.
He should be grateful he has an opportunity to protect a QB like Patrick Mahomes and have an opportunity to play in meaningful post-season games with a QB that can deliver.
[Reply]
srvy 10:12 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Dear God, this place just gets stupider and stupider. The Brown hate is fucking insane.
Well you should move on and bring the CP IQ up about 5 to 6 notches, Spaz.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:14 PM 07-19-2022
He should be grateful he has an opportunity to protect a QB like Patrick Mahomes and have an opportunity to play in meaningful post-season games with a QB that can deliver.
LOL, ok. I am sure he appreciates that. He should still definitely try to get every dollar he can.
[Reply]
srvy 10:27 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
LOL, ok. I am sure he appreciates that. He should still definitely try to get every dollar he can.
He asked for the top dog dollar for a LT in the bottom half of the NFL. You ask that money when you're considered in the top 5.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:32 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I agree. It bought the Chiefs 2 seasons to solve the LT problem. They were in a mess without Fisher after Williams chose to stay in San Francisco. Veach has seen that his demands are unreasonable and will be planning how best to solve the LT problem for the future during the months between now and when free agency begins again.
When your GM absolutely destroys the draft to this level...and the pick you got from the Ravens gets redrafted at 29...it's makes the Brown experiment a LOT easier to tolerate. If he doesn't work out, contractually,...KC will nab a 2nd rounder for him.

Just amazing...this is the PFF redraft.

[Reply]
-King- 10:51 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
When your GM absolutely destroys the draft to this level...and the pick you got from the Ravens gets redrafted at 29...it's makes the Brown experiment a LOT easier to tolerate. If he doesn't work out, contractually,...KC will nab a 2nd rounder for him.

Just amazing...this is the PFF redraft.

Of course Veach destroys the draft. The NFL rigs the draft to our favor. Stop being a sheep.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:10 PM 07-19-2022
Well you should move on and bring the CP IQ up about 5 to 6 notches, Spaz.
Lmao, yeah I'm the spaz.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:11 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Of course Veach destroys the draft. The NFL rigs the draft to our favor. Stop being a sheep.
I actually enjoy the parts of the NFL that Vegas cant ruin...seeing Chiefs draft picks overachieve is cool..sadly, all the talent in the world is no match for officiating and point spreads.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:43 AM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
https://omny.fm/shows/the-program/h3...ill-eric-eager

Eric Eager kind of roasts OBJ here it was a good listen.
FYI - OBJ content starts at 21:49.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:41 AM 07-20-2022
I don't hate Brown. He isn't that great but was still offered a really good deal and still said no. For me that's a problem it says total greed and not the guy Veach thought he was getting. Brown is foolish thinking he will get better after this season when he can't block speed rushers very well.
[Reply]
Page 126 of 343
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136176226 > Last »
Up