ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 126 of 335
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136176226 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
Buehler445 11:05 PM 05-08-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
After seeing that shit, no one would stand a chance. Not Barristan, not The Mountain, not Oberyn, not Drogo.. Fuck me.

I really didn't expect them to make him a dual wielder. Which sword was supposed to be Dawn?
I believe they left out the dawn part. It was supposed to be forged from a meteor or something.
[Reply]
Sorter 01:02 AM 05-09-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
So doesn't Hightower still have to be there? Is he in the room as the final guard?

I guess if out honest Ned lied about killing Dayne for an unknown reason yet revealed, then it could ne the same for Hightower?

I'm hoping they have him in the tower but he'll probably be forgotten like when Tyrion mentions Doran's other children.
[Reply]
BigRichard 04:22 AM 05-09-2016
Anyone else think that Jon was not going to hang them in the end there? I started thinking he was going to pardon them. The old Jon would have saw it as his duty to hang them. I thought maybe now that he had come back from the dead he would see life in a new light.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 05:40 AM 05-09-2016
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Anyone else think that Jon was not going to hang them in the end there? I started thinking he was going to pardon them. The old Jon would have saw it as his duty to hang them. I thought maybe now that he had come back from the dead he would see life in a new light.
I see it opposite. I think old Jon would've pardoned them, needing people to fight the upcoming war. This Jon saw them killed, then said that is all I needed to do; I'm out. Screw you guys, I'm going home!
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:09 AM 05-09-2016

[Reply]
wazu 06:17 AM 05-09-2016
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
I see it opposite. I think old Jon would've pardoned them, needing people to fight the upcoming war. This Jon saw them killed, then said that is all I needed to do; I'm out. Screw you guys, I'm going home!
No way Jon would have ever pardoned them. He executed a guy for refusing to follow his orders.
[Reply]
Hawk 07:02 AM 05-09-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I believe they left out the dawn part. It was supposed to be forged from a meteor or something.
I'm pretty sure Dawn was the sword he puts in the ground in front of him when they first start talking. If you look at the handle, it had an emblem of a sun rising on it.
[Reply]
manchambo 07:07 AM 05-09-2016
Originally Posted by wazu:
No way Jon would have ever pardoned them. He executed a guy for refusing to follow his orders.
Not to mention, pardoning them would have left Edd with a giant shit sandwich. He couldn't very well keep them in the night's watch.
[Reply]
manchambo 07:18 AM 05-09-2016
Originally Posted by Sorter:
I just can't ****ing believe these ****s thought it more prudent to show Sam on a boat and Arya getting beat again than add a few more lines of dialogue and 2 more characters for the Tower of Joy.

Just silly.
First, I dint see that those two characters would add anything to the scene. They didn't do or say anything of moment that we are aware of, and it would have simply made a couple more anonymous people to fight and die. It's completely reasonable for a TV show to drop a couple of people who are not important to the plot.

Second, by more dialogue I assume you mean some more of the conversation from Ned's dream ("we looked for you . . ."). Again, I'm aware of no reason why that had to be recited in full; they gave a flavor of it and got in with things.

As for whether we needed to see Sam, the real question is what he wil, do eventually. In both the show and book it's unclear what will come of his trip to Oldtown. I suspect he is going to learn something very important, but it's too early to say whether this is an important (or interesting) plot point. I will say, though, that they might have picked up with them already at Oldtown or his dad's place without losing much.
[Reply]
Swanman 08:07 AM 05-09-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
One of the swords he was holding has an image of a sun emerging to signify dawn.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 08:54 AM 05-09-2016
Which direction did Jon go at the end? It looked to me like he was heading north of the wall. Did anyone else get the feeling he lied to Melisandra when she asked what he remembered from his death? I got the feeling he remembered something, but didn't want to either reinforce, or destroy her faith for one reason or another...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:59 AM 05-09-2016
Why are we so made about the Tower of Joy?

Is there ANY question anymore that R+L=J? When I read through the first time, I kinda thought maybe there was but I re-read a few years back and man, Martin kinda beats you over the head with it.

Yeah, R+L=J and if it doesn't it's only because Martin decided to troll fans and switch horses mid-stream (which he may well do). You just cannot read those first 3-4 books and not see it.

So why the rush? If you aren't a book read, you don't know and thus can't be that fired up. If you are, you already have the answer.

Meh....guess I just don't get the consternation.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:30 AM 05-09-2016
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
I interpreted the reflection he was giving the moment differently. He knew were those four were going and just how terrible it is to be dead with nothing after.
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:31 AM 05-09-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I don't think anyone is arguing that, but this is a discussion thread, is it not?

The whole concept of king's blood in the show and books is pretty murky. That's all.

There's also the possibility that all the religions are pretty much hogwash. It doesn't even matter if someone has king's blood -- what matters is that someone like Melisandre BELIEVES that her magic will work.

Or even (when it comes to resurrecting Jon) that certain rituals are correctly followed.

There's clearly magic. Whether that magic is dependent on gods, or on blood of a particular type or whatever, is another question entirely.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 09:32 AM 05-09-2016
The book comparisons lost its appeal to me back after season 2. Useful as a guide only on big plot points like the tower of joy. And that's all. The show is now standing on its own merit in my mind. I'm enjoying it for what it is. This episode was more upkeep on the story lines and I'm glad snow is already back in the midst, he probably gets some of the LSH revenge storyline (or maybe shared with Sansa) and the white Walker war will be the tease at the end of this season. Either way, I'm now left without knowing what happens next on the show and I like that better than knowing Ned and snow dies, etc.
[Reply]
Page 126 of 335
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136176226 > Last »
Up