« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135175225 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
BossChief 10:33 AM 11-14-2022
I see a lot of overreaction to what I perceive as a lesser than anticipated start to a rookie WRs career in a complicated system.

I’d rather have swung for the fences for Pickens, too…but Pickens pff grade for receiving is 63.6 and Skyys is 63.3 and their overall grades are almost identical, too…so both are having rookie struggles.

That said, there have been 4-5 plays that are pretty bad.
[Reply]
O.city 10:34 AM 11-14-2022
Top 60 picks shouldn't need a "redshirt" year. It's to valuable to lose a year of cheap pay on a draft pick.

Anyone think that's way off?
[Reply]
RunKC 10:35 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Toney slotting right in and contributing in the space of two weeks makes the defense of Moore a lot more difficult. And you wonder if the Toney deal would have ever happened if Moore had shown flashes. A second and a third are a lot to spend on the lower half of our WR depth chart in just six months, and the guy they bring around also is a return guy?
The only WR’s on contract next year are MVS, Skyy Moore and Justyn Ross. Trading what is a 4th and 7th rd value pick for Toney and getting 2.5 cheap years+ the 5th year option is a no brainer.

It doesn’t matter if Skyy Moore looks like Jerry Rice. You still trade for Toney
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:37 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Top 60 picks shouldn't need a "redshirt" year. It's to valuable to lose a year of cheap pay on a draft pick.

Depends on the player.

Like you tip-toed around a little, I'm okay with it at high value positions and ESPECIALLY for high ceiling players.

But a red-shirt year on a 2nd rounder who sure appears to have a limited ceiling is no bueno.

Maybe Staylor is right and Moore's actually an X receiver who simply hasn't busted out yet. Because if Moore comes out next year and is running 80+% of the snaps out of the X and putting up numbers in various areas of the field - I'm wrong. I lose that round. Because that's EXACTLY the kind of higher ceiling player I'm okay with a red-shirt on; especially at a high-value position like WR.

But I simply don't see him as that guy. He's a Y long-term, IMO. And I don't see the value there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:40 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The only WR’s on contract next year are MVS, Skyy Moore and Justyn Ross. Trading what is a 4th and 7th rd value pick for Toney and getting 2.5 cheap years+ the 5th year option is a no brainer.

It doesn’t matter if Skyy Moore looks like Jerry Rice. You still trade for Toney
Think about it practically - do you make the phonecall?

Yes, if the Giants call Veach and that offer is on the table - you still pull the trigger for all the reasons you cited. But Toney's been available since April and we didn't make the move then. And all those same factors existed. And yet the deal wasn't made.

I don't think it's a coincidence at all that suddenly the trade got made after Moore gacked a couple punts (and Toney immediately assumed PR duties) and made as inexcusable a mistake as one could make, leading directly to an INT.

I absolutely think that from a practical standpoint, Moores struggles played a significant role in the trade eventually being executed.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:41 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:

They aren’t redshirting him.

Since week 4 he’s got 28%, 35%, 30%, 22%, 26% and yesterday 25% of the snaps.

That’s not redshirting
[Reply]
O.city 10:43 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Depends on the player.

Like you tip-toed around a little, I'm okay with it at high value positions and ESPECIALLY for high ceiling players.

But a red-shirt year on a 2nd rounder who sure appears to have a limited ceiling is no bueno.

Maybe Staylor is right and Moore's actually an X receiver who simply hasn't busted out yet. Because if Moore comes out next year and is running 80+% of the snaps out of the X and putting up numbers in various areas of the field - I'm wrong. I lose that round. Because that's EXACTLY the kind of higher ceiling player I'm okay with a red-shirt on; especially at a high-value position like WR.

But I simply don't see him as that guy. He's a Y long-term, IMO. And I don't see the value there.
Yeah, I just don't see the physical attributes there needed for that, but it wouldn't be the first time that happened.

I could be convinced just because he came from such a small school program, seems to be a smart kid etc.

But man, you just need a certain baseline of physical abilities to accomplish that and with having those I'd think he'd have flashed a little more now.
[Reply]
O.city 10:44 AM 11-14-2022

That’s not redshirting
I'm no mathematician but, those numbers don't seem to be going up any.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:46 AM 11-14-2022

That’s not redshirting
I'm confused.

Is his lack of production due to a lack of opportunity or not?
[Reply]
New World Order 10:46 AM 11-14-2022
This guy is Breeland Speaksing it so far
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:48 AM 11-14-2022

Yes, if the Giants call Veach and that offer is on the table - you still pull the trigger for all the reasons you cited. But Toney's been available since April and we didn't make the move then. And all those same factors existed. And yet the deal wasn't made.

I don't think it's a coincidence at all that suddenly the trade got made after Moore gacked a couple punts (and Toney immediately assumed PR duties) and made as inexcusable a mistake as one could make, leading directly to an INT.

I absolutely think that from a practical standpoint, Moores struggles played a significant role in the trade eventually being executed.
This offense was lacking a WR play maker as well.

I don't blame Moore for the PR issue, he never was one before and never made sense to me and still doesn't why Hardman isn't our full time PR. He is the 3rd WR on the team and the gadget guy. I put that shit on Toub and his lack luster ST's this year.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:51 AM 11-14-2022

I think Moore’s adjustment had a factor but they confirmed that Veach was poking around about Toney in the off-season.

Again I don’t care if Skyy Moore looks like Jerry Rice. Toney is a perfect fit for this system, a top 20 player from his draft class, has 2.5 years of rookie salary + a 5th year option and you can get him for a 4th and 7th?!

You pull the trigger on that every time. Regardless.

Comp picks make these trades a rd later than they are. There’s roughly 15 comp picks in each rd starting in rd 3 so we basically traded a 4th and 7th for Toney.

It’s the exact kind of trade you make no matter who is on your roster
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:53 AM 11-14-2022
I think Moore’s adjustment had a factor but they confirmed that Veach was poking around about Toney in the off-season.

Again I don’t care if Skyy Moore looks like Jerry Rice. Toney is a perfect fit for this system, a top 20 player from his draft class, has 2.5 years of rookie salary + a 5th year option and you can get him for a 4th and 7th?!

You pull the trigger on that every time. Regardless.

Comp picks make these trades a rd later than they are. There’s roughly 15 comp picks in each rd starting in rd 3 so we basically traded a 4th and 7th for Toney.

It’s the exact kind of trade you make no matter who is on your roster
And again - I don't disagree.

Yet we didn't, when Toney was widely known to be available last spring.

But we DID shortly after Moore effectively took himself out of the 49ers game with a terrible route.

If you're one who doesn't believe in coincidences, you have plenty of support here...
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:56 AM 11-14-2022
Some of his struggles could be confidence as well. You see that with Christian Watson who is on a team with zero WR's and has 14 total receptions but broke out yesterday with 3 TD's. You could just see his confidence growing with each play.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:00 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I’d rather have swung for the fences for Pickens, too…but Pickens pff grade for receiving is 63.6 and Skyys is 63.3 and their overall grades are almost identical, too…so both are having rookie struggles.

Seriously? Who cares. Why would anyone care about that?

If you can't put on the game and see the difference in the plays these guys are making then you have no business in this conversation.

Why even bring such a silly stat up? One guy can't get any targets, the other guy pushed Chase Claypool off the roster....gimmie a break with that.
[Reply]
Page 125 of 280
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135175225 > Last »
Up