ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1247 of 2698
« First < 24774711471197123712431244124512461247 124812491250125112571297134717472247 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:37 PM 11-02-2018
Originally Posted by carcosa:
I could see a guy like Manning being competitive enough to want to prove himself as a great coach. But I agree he's more likely to go into TV.
I'd give it a couple of years before he saw what the rest of the coaches in the NFL are doing and just decided '!@#$ that - I'm out'

Spurrier was the best example of that you'll ever see. Kicked ass in college, went to the pros and when the rest of the NFL had coaches working 80+ hour weeks, he said 'nah, I'm rich and like to golf; I'm not doing that...'

Guy kept working 40 hour weeks and got strafed because he just wasn't going to put in the work. After a couple of years, he realized that he just didn't feel like putting in the hours it would take to be good so he went back to college where he could work less.

Manning would do the same. That's why Gruden's going to fail - there's no way he's going to outwork Andy Reid after being out of the game for a decade; I just can't see him getting that edge back.

The guys that coach in this league are different animals, man.

Now one person who I could weirdly see being a coach after he retired is Tom Brady. And it's not because of the money - it's because Brady doesn't seem to WANT a life outside of football. Brady would come coach 80 hours/wk because it's just what he loves to do. I don't think that's how Manning is wired.
[Reply]
MahiMike 03:43 PM 11-02-2018
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Was good until the shitty music ruined it.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:08 PM 11-02-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Manning is far more likely to be a TV guy like Romo than he ever is a coach. Why would a guy who's made that much money want to work 80+ hours a week for peanuts?
Works for me because I don't want to see him vex the Chiefs for another 20 years.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 06:02 PM 11-02-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd give it a couple of years before he saw what the rest of the coaches in the NFL are doing and just decided '!@#$ that - I'm out'

Spurrier was the best example of that you'll ever see. Kicked ass in college, went to the pros and when the rest of the NFL had coaches working 80+ hour weeks, he said 'nah, I'm rich and like to golf; I'm not doing that...'

Guy kept working 40 hour weeks and got strafed because he just wasn't going to put in the work. After a couple of years, he realized that he just didn't feel like putting in the hours it would take to be good so he went back to college where he could work less.

Manning would do the same. That's why Gruden's going to fail - there's no way he's going to outwork Andy Reid after being out of the game for a decade; I just can't see him getting that edge back.

Now one person who I could weirdly see being a coach after he retired is Tom Brady. And it's not because of the money - it's because Brady doesn't seem to WANT a life outside of football. Brady would come coach 80 hours/wk because it's just what he loves to do. I don't think that's how Manning is wired.
:-) This. All hatred aside, I could see him being an excellent coach/coordinator.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:10 PM 11-02-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Completely agreed. Manning made his improbable, ride off into the sunset Super Bowl winning speech a beer commercial for Bud Light. I think he's not going to ever want to tie himself down to a commitment like the NFL ever again.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:58 PM 11-02-2018

[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:31 PM 11-02-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Why's that dude wearing a red dress?
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:06 PM 11-02-2018
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
C'mon man.

She only looks massive sitting next to Nick Wright, who has the physique of a 9 year old girl.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:29 AM 11-03-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Manning is far more likely to be a TV guy like Romo than he ever is a coach. Why would a guy who's made that much money want to work 80+ hours a week for peanuts?
Is it just me, or does any else think Peyton Manning sounds like his nasal passages are clogged and he has a permanent cold?

I watched the video on ESPN channel on Roku, and after watching the all-22 I kept thinking that Manning was going to definitely point out that Harris miss.

Honestly, missing Harris on that play is one of the worst reads I have seen Mahomes make. And it's awesome to think "So What?" because everything about Mahomes is extra. If Smith had missed that read I would be pissed all week, because it would probably be the read that lost the game.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:31 AM 11-03-2018
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
PMSL now i know why i was uncomfortable watching their questions :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:06 AM 11-03-2018
Showtime is fun time
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:21 AM 11-03-2018

[Reply]
Kiimo 08:19 AM 11-03-2018
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Was good until the shitty music ruined it.
Time to take your meds, grandpa
[Reply]
Chief Northman 08:59 AM 11-03-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I want that hat Patrick is wearing...
[Reply]
Dante84 09:09 AM 11-03-2018

My little baller grew up too fast!!! Cutie pie @PatrickMahomes5 pic.twitter.com/OpPn9b7MUd

— Randi (@tootgail) November 3, 2018

[Reply]
Page 1247 of 2698
« First < 24774711471197123712431244124512461247 124812491250125112571297134717472247 > Last »
Up