ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 124 of 324
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134174224 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:33 AM 06-05-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Heads would explode if they did not sign Hopkins and still did that. They would have done it by drafting well and signing good, yet under the radar FAs.
Nah, we are good no matter what. Our WRs have potential. I certainly am not disputing that. I also believe there's a good chance we don't end the year with a stable WR1. It's not reason to panic but I also don't think it's something to be content about.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:34 AM 06-05-2023
I love watching some of our big brain posters obliterate stupid fucking narratives, but i hate that they have to spend the energy. Thanks Duncan. But know that theyll probably just move the goal posts and continue to cry.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:37 AM 06-05-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Nah, we are good no matter what. Our WRs have potential. I certainly am not disputing that. I also believe there's a good chance we don't end the year with a stable WR1. It's not reason to panic but I also don't think it's something to be content about.
I would be more concerned with our WR situation if #11 was out QB and not #15. If this WR room stays healthy then it will be very good. Not against signing Hopkins, but if he comes to KC, who loses playing time?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:49 AM 06-05-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I would be more concerned with our WR situation if #11 was out QB and not #15. If this WR room stays healthy then it will be very good. Not against signing Hopkins, but if he comes to KC, who loses playing time?
But that's the thing. I think we are fine and have a shot at a super bowl with what we have. with a WR1 we'd see yet another level of mahomes' greatness and I just don't know how you could stop us.

A bandaid is just so perfect for what we need. Toney can play slot on a snap count so we don't overuse him and we don't have to rely on an injury prone guy to be WR1. Skyy as WR2. We're probably easing rashee in anyway. I think justyn Ross needs to prove himself for a full year before we let him get hit. With dhop and toney, we won't need as much from mvs. Watson is expendable. James can be worked in situationally. Any reps we limit for toney or lose because he's hurt can be spread around. It really is a glue while we got a lot of uncertainty sorted out.

Also, by not keeping a FB, we can keep an extra WR around as we sort out what's what.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:50 AM 06-05-2023
Has there been any news? I'm too lazy to read through the remainder of the thread.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:55 AM 06-05-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Has there been any news? I'm too lazy to read through the remainder of the thread.
We still have not signed this piece of shit yet
[Reply]
FringeNC 12:04 PM 06-05-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I kind of get that. I think this team, plus a healthy and still 85-90 percent of his prime DeAndre Hopkins, would be a serious contender to go 20-0.

But I think this team, without that Hopkins, is still a serious contender to go 20-0.
We led the league in offense last year, potentially in spite of bad OTs. If OT play is significantly better this season, the Chiefs will be really hard to beat. Sure, we may look back and say, "turns out those guys were actually much better than we thought", but I don't think so.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:14 PM 06-05-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I don't count the regular season bengals game. Our offense was great aside from a Kelce fumble. And I didn't say we have a history of performing terribly. Just that our offense wasn't as dominant in the second half of the season as we remember.

Buffalo 4Q was terrible Not really. They did have a scoring drive. A future Hall of Fame player turned it on and exploited the Chiefs' Ts.
Rams 4Q was terrible- we were bailed out by 2 INTs from their 20th string QB You lose credibility sticking to this one. They had absolutely dominated the entire game and were in cruise control.
Colts 4Q was terrible The offense averaged 7.7 yards/play in the 2 exclusive 4th quarter drives it had. They ran a bad FG fake to end the drive that spanned the 3rd and 4th quarters because they didn't trust Matt Ammendola, who then missed a chip shot FG on their next drive, and Mahomes threw an INT when they got the ball back down 3 with 24 seconds left. If they have a reliable FG kicker available in that game, you can put 6 more points on the board, and it's a ho-hum 23-13 trap road game win if Chris Jones doesn't say a bad word. And that's with Orlando Brown's lateral mobility even more hampered than normal because of a bad knee, and him struggling against the Colts speedy DEs.
Seattle 4Q was terrible (arguably because of weather) The Chiefs led this game 17-3 entering the 4th quarter, went 80 yards on 5 plays for a TD in their first drive of the quarter to go up 24-3 with less than 5 minutes remaining, and then ran 4 plays to try to kill the clock after recovering an onside kick. Saying the offense was terrible in the 4th quarter is not in line with reality, man. Even aside from the fact the Chiefs controlled them the whole way.
Denver 2nd half 4Q was terrible (can use big lead as an excuse) Are you talking about the first one? Yeah, they went to cruise control to that one and couldn't get it back.
Tennesse 2nd half was terrible (off-paper) - bailed out by horrendous QB play by Willis An ugly game, all around. The Titans did a good job against KC. I wouldn't isolate the issues on offense to just the 2nd half or 4th quarter. Aside from the first 2 drives, KC had a hard time finishing drives against the Titans in that one. Good gameplan by Vrabel.
LAC game 1 wasn't ideal - bailed out by Herbert completely shitting his pantsThe first half was more of an issue. Niang struggled against Bosa, notably. Second half, the Chiefs had 5 true drives and scored 13 points. 2.6 points/drive is elite.
Houston 4Q wasn't great, but I'll give you it wasn't terrible I'm glad we agree, that one is pretty obvious
Cincy playoff 4Q wasn't great (can use injuries as an excuse)You think? QB on one leg, being down to their #2 and 4 WRs, with the next WR available being a guy they activated off the PS, and TE2 and TE3 running some WR routes?

It's no reason to panic. But if you actually play these games back, especially the first 6, they were games where we were flat out stuck on offense. And arguably a lot of these defenses are doing it in a similar way that you'd have to think we'll see more of in 2023. I just think we need to adapt more than we think. Maybe our WR corps can do it. I'd just like to have some insurance on it.
I get wanting insurance on things, but you're being unrealistic about what an offense can do (and not remembering exactly what was actually happening/trending).

It's not just about the receiving options, either. The upgrades on the Chiefs OL (and let's be honest, this staff thinks they ARE upgrades or it would have worked harder to keep Wylie and Brown) are an adjustment as well.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:19 PM 06-05-2023
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
We led the league in offense last year, potentially in spite of bad OTs. If OT play is significantly better this season, the Chiefs will be really hard to beat. Sure, we may look back and say, "turns out those guys were actually much better than we thought", but I don't think so.
I don't think people outside KC realize how much the offense adjusted to account for the deficiencies of Brown and Wylie last year.

Stylistically, Smith and Taylor work really well with what KC likes to do. Better/more agile pass protectors who will make it harder for pass rushers to work outside and give Mahomes more room to escape to the sidelines.

Sure, Smith is a worse run blocker than Orlando Brown, and it isn't a strength of Taylor's either, but they're both much better movers than the guys they're replacing, which SHOULD show up in improved outside run games.
[Reply]
TLO 12:34 PM 06-05-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
This piece of SHIT has not signed with the Kansas City Chiefs.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 12:41 PM 06-05-2023
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi Part Deux:
This piece of SHIT has not signed with the Kansas City Chiefs.
WTF??? So sick of him not signing here. Every single day it’s like, I check this thread and like, he doesn’t sign. Why is he wasting my time? I have shit to do. What a jerk!
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 12:50 PM 06-05-2023
Hopkins seems to be all about the money, not rings. Giving him top dollar sends all the wrong messages. I'll be shocked if he comes here.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:53 PM 06-05-2023
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Hopkins seems to be all about the money, not rings. Giving him top dollar sends all the wrong messages. I'll be shocked if he comes here.
How does signing someone who would be a significant improvement to our offense send the wrong message? If they can find a way to get him under the cap the only message being sent is "We want to repeat."
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:54 PM 06-05-2023
I hear he uses microwaves, too. Can't trust a guy like that!
[Reply]
Mecca 12:54 PM 06-05-2023
What wrong message? All dudes are looking to get paid did you miss how this works?
[Reply]
Page 124 of 324
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134174224 > Last »
Up