ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 124 of 185
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134174 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:43 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And we could have taken him and Karlaftis BOTH.

One has NOTHING to do with the other.
I don't disagree.

Doesn't mean a bad argument ought not be pointed out.

Megatron made a bad argument.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:44 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Yes it does, because you know very well if the Chiefs selected him as DE they wouldn't double up considering the other needs
What they would've done is fairy immaterial given that they clearly had Moore ahead of Williams.

It was a draft board problem, IMO. A well-set board yields both players and there's nothing inherent to the process that would've prevented that.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:45 PM 11-17-2022
Sam Williams had off the field concerns that gave him a 0% chance of being draftted in the 1st. He wasn't even drafted in the top 50.

It's fucking stupid, and Tribal Warfare has been a fucking moron about Karlaftis from the beginning.

Whether it's him saying that his only shot to be good would be to bulk up and play 3T, or the implication that he's going to be a 1 sack a year guy for his entire career based on the first half of his rookie season, his takes have been asinine.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:45 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He has 1/4 of the rush snaps Karlaftis has because he didn't need to unseat Mike Dana for starters reps. On a per snap basis he's significantly better than Karlaftis has been and simply watching him play demonstrates that.
Okay, well there's good info. I wasn't aware that Williams didn't have as many snaps. And I haven't seen him play much this season either. i don't have the luxury of watching every game right now, so i think I've only seen about a half of any DAL game so far.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:46 PM 11-17-2022
Eh, this is the same thing people say to me about Moore and I WANT Moore to succeed. Again, before we got Toney, I was calling for Moore to start at the X to potentially provide a man coverage weapon on the backside.

Pointing out your preferred course in expressing your frustration in a chosen path hardly seems out of bounds.
It's about the degree of disagreement and the rigidity of people not ever realizing that they might be overdoing it.

I don't put you in the category, at least not after I told you to stop. :-)

And don't get me wrong, I like Tribal, always have. But in this case, it sure seems like his mind is made up and has been for a long time.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:46 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You're operating in hindsight, using stats from this season.

Tribal made up his mind during the draft, when the Chiefs first drafted Karlaftis and didn't draft Sam Williams. It was a failure from that point on. No amount of stats are going to change that.
Oh, I didn't know that. Fine, i guess. Carry on then.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:50 PM 11-17-2022
Says this-

The times he was free for a sack he was too slow to finish or flat out missed the tackle. George doesn't suck, but he isn't above average either.

Now he's shelling out mid round draft prospect production.

Then says this -

Don't become hyperbolic, I've said multiple times I want to be proven wrong

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:52 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Sam Williams had off the field concerns that gave him a 0% chance of being draftted in the 1st. He wasn't even drafted in the top 50.

It's fucking stupid, and Tribal Warfare has been a fucking moron about Karlaftis from the beginning.

Whether it's him saying that his only shot to be good would be to bulk up and play 3T, or the implication that he's going to be a 1 sack a year guy for his entire career based on the first half of his rookie season, his takes have been asinine.
And yet you may recall, I looked into Williams and asked "hey, is this Freshman year thing really the 'off the field concerns' that everyone is up in arms about?"

And was advised that really was the extent of it. To which I responded "This dude has the measurables and production of a top 10 pick - why is he sliding as far as he is?"

I think he's overplaying his hand w/r/t Karlaftis, but to say "well nobody would've thought of Williams as a 1st round pick" isn't fair either - I absolutely thought he was a guy worth taking in the 1st and I believe others did as well.

I mean outside of Walker and Thibodeaux, I didn't see an edge in this draft who's raw talent exploded off the screen more than Williams did.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:52 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Says this-

Then says this -

That's my opinion, and wanting to be proven wrong.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:53 PM 11-17-2022
And yet you may recall, I looked into Williams and asked "hey, is this Freshman year thing really the 'off the field concerns' that everyone is up in arms about?"

And was advised that really was the extent of it. To which I responded "This dude has the measurables and production of a top 10 pick - why is he sliding as far as he is?"

I think he's overplaying his hand w/r/t Karlaftis, but to say "well nobody would've thought of Williams as a 1st round pick" isn't fair either - I absolutely thought he was a guy worth taking in the 1st and I believe others did as well.

I mean outside of Walker and Thibodeaux, I didn't see an edge in this draft who's raw talent exploded off the screen more than Williams did.

And like I tried to tell you during the process, it wasn't going to happen.

Nobody said "well nobody would've thought of Williams as a 1st round pick".

You were far from the only person that saw 1st round talent in Sam Williams. Many of us loved him.

But that doesn't change the fact that he was never going in the 1st round.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:01 PM 11-17-2022
I had a ton of Mocks with Karlaftis and Skyy at 29/30 and Williams in the 3rd….so I would have been in love getting them…but honestly, I like what we did over that.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:03 PM 11-17-2022
Just look at this exchange with me and Pest (might've been wrong or just mixed the two up but I thought me and DJ had a similar exchange as well).

Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I'd rather have neither one....and just take Sam Williams at 30.
At some point we just have to accept that Williams is a guy that isn’t going in the 1st round and might not even go top 50.

He’s getting absolutely no buzz in that range.

[Reply]
BossChief 03:08 PM 11-17-2022

It sure seems like a theme of the draft was to take “clean prospects” in regards to injuries snd character concerns.

Pretty much all of them fit that bill.

Maybe Andy felt the locker room needed new young leadership with Tyrann leaving and wanted to avoid character concerns that might have created minor derailment by picking guys like Williams and/or Pickens.

Remember, they have 20x more in depth info on what actually happened than we do.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:09 PM 11-17-2022
And like I tried to tell you during the process, it wasn't going to happen.

Nobody said "well nobody would've thought of Williams as a 1st round pick".

You were far from the only person that saw 1st round talent in Sam Williams. Many of us loved him.

But that doesn't change the fact that he was never going in the 1st round.
I can still be pissed we didn't take him at 54, right?

Because even I didn't have him ahead of Karlaftis as an overall prospect. Once Karlaftis made it to 30, that was a no-brainer to me.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:14 PM 11-17-2022
Just look at this exchange with me and Pest (might've been wrong or just mixed the two up but I thought me and DJ had a similar exchange as well).
Oh no.

Pest wanted to package 2 first rounders to move up and take Jermaine Johnson.

Baby, what is you doin'?
[Reply]
Page 124 of 185
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134174 > Last »
Up