ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 124 of 141
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
jettio 06:59 AM 06-08-2024
Originally Posted by -King-:
When players in free agency say they don't care about money and they just want to find the right fit and a team that wins....you believe that too huh?
What?

You must not know shit about this ballot measure that did not pass.

I can't believe the consensus dumbass opinion in this thread is that the ballot measure was about the Chiefs and staying at Arrowhead.

It was about the Royals trying to get an early out of their lease, because Jackson County is the landlord, the dumbass Royals and their dumbass political consultants decided to have a public vote to approve of getting out of the lease instead of making a plan on the new Stadium and planning on negotiating out of the lease just based on goodwill and having a viable approved plan for the new stadium.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:00 AM 06-08-2024
My belief that the Chiefs will end up in Kansas has next to nothing to do with what they're offering now. It's the utter incompetence (or outright hostility) of top people on the Jackson County side of things. A lot of things would have to change very fast for me to think Jackson County didn't already lose their chance voting through that first awful proposal.
[Reply]
Katipan 07:08 AM 06-08-2024
Guys, I don't know if you know this, but rich people take much bigger risks than building a new stadium for a historical NFL team.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:58 AM 06-08-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
Guys, I don't know if you know this, but rich people take much bigger risks than building a new stadium for a historical NFL team.
Well, this isn’t really accurate as it relates to STAR bonds. That is an atypical risk with no precedent for this type/scale of project without equity upside.

The “rich people” who buy the bonds don’t have any collateral backing it, nor do they have any claim on the Chiefs’ overall revenues. They only have a claim on the limited tax take in that very defined economic zone.

There’s a reason why this structure isn’t used to fund everything under the sun.
[Reply]
Katipan 08:00 AM 06-08-2024
I know you really want that to be true.
I know you think people are just too stupid to understand.

I know that they swapped the field at Empower for 1 game for something like $500,000.

Rich people will do what rich people will do.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:20 AM 06-08-2024
I know you really want that to be true.
I know you think people are just too stupid to understand.

I know that they swapped the field at Empower for 1 game for something like $500,000.

Rich people will do what rich people will do.
I’m not familiar with this Empower example. Can you provide more details so that I can explain why you shouldn’t use this individual instance to paint everything afterward in the same hand-wavey “rich people will do what they do”?
[Reply]
Katipan 09:47 AM 06-08-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I’m not familiar with this Empower example. Can you provide more details so that I can explain why you shouldn’t use this individual instance to paint everything afterward in the same hand-wavey “rich people will do what they do”?
No.

It's really easy to find and whatever anger you're attempting to work through here can be done with Google.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:55 AM 06-08-2024
Originally Posted by jettio:
Chiefs are staying at Arrowhead.

Arrowhead Stadium is one of the most important assets involving the Chiefs.

Why would Chiefs leave Lamar Hunt's Favorite place on Earth?

Because the Royals asked for a new stadium and built the wrong puzzle to get that done and stupidly forced an election that lost?
Somebody tell me why the Chiefs would want to leave Arrowhead

*lists 20 reasons*

yeah but why would they want to leave???
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:39 AM 06-08-2024
No.

It's really easy to find and whatever anger you're attempting to work through here can be done with Google.
Good. I found it. Let's have the discussion.

The Broncos owner spent 400k to replace the field before the final game of the season. He's worth 84bn dollars. He owns the team, and the team's value is impacted by the product he puts on the field. So if he puts a bad product on the field, the value of the franchise could easily go down by more than the 400k he spent to improve the field. That's a person's investing in his own business. That seems entirely reasonable.

STAR bonds on the other hand are a loan with no upside other than a coupon payment. And do you think it's primarily "rich people" who will be loaning that money? I seriously doubt it. I would expect it would be institutions - mutual funds, pension funds, hedge funds - who are largely sophisticated investors making decisions on behalf of their (end) investors who in many cases might be teachers, firefighters, whatever. No institution is going to buy these bonds just because "they're rich" and the Chiefs are a great football team.

There's no anger here. I'm just trying to explain to you how this works because "rich people get what they want from other rich people" isn't really how this would go down.
[Reply]
Katipan 11:50 AM 06-08-2024
You keep saying it over and over and over again.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 01:50 PM 06-08-2024
No big surprise but royals looking at KS too

UPDATE: With additional details as #KSleg prepares for special session to include stadiums STAR Bond package. #Royals #ChiefsKingdom #FirstOnFox4 https://t.co/INMPb9IJV9

— John Holt (@JohnHoltNews) June 8, 2024

[Reply]
Katipan 02:24 PM 06-08-2024
Year around tourism for a tiny stretch of Kansas.

I don't think they'll even need a chart or sharpies to pitch it.
[Reply]
kstater 05:02 PM 06-08-2024
At least the titty bar is safe! Really sticking it to the billionaire.

Sent from my SM-S916U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:08 PM 06-08-2024
Originally Posted by kstater:
At least the titty bar is safe! Really sticking it to the billionaire.

Sent from my SM-S916U1 using Tapatalk
Crossroads was lit last night
[Reply]
tk13 04:02 PM 06-10-2024
Haven't seen this posted on here today but it's creating some buzz. Mayor Q has said in the comments that he's not giving up, but a lot of people are taking it that way. He posted a whole thread on Twitter today with a few points, basically saying border wars are pointless and for the rest of his term he's keeping a "regional eye" on things and wants to support the entire Kansas City area and not just KCMO.

Maybe because I moved a lot growing up or went to school on State Line, but I can't do the whole Missouri v. Kansas thing. Kansas City's really one place, as all who live here know. We'll grow together long term and decline if we can't figure out how to grow the regional pie.

— Mayor Q (@QuintonLucasKC) June 10, 2024

[Reply]
Page 124 of 141
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134 > Last »
Up