ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 123 of 333
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133173223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:35 PM 05-16-2023
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I hate to say it, however I will anyways...

The Royals are Kansas City's version of the Denver Broncos...

Without all of the cheating, of course.

They are not good, they are not going to be good anytime soon. All they seem to care about is making money. Where's my $15 beer and $25 parking pass? Geez, what happened to affordable baseball.

Bring back $1 GA and halter top night.
Kind of why I really wouldn't be bothered if the Royals ultimately relocated. This sport needs a fundamental overhaul from the ground up as far as organizations go if it's actually going to thrive in the future. Especially with the apparent demise of RSNs, there desperately needs to be some equalizers
[Reply]
Mecca 01:38 PM 05-16-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Kind of why I really wouldn't be bothered if the Royals ultimately relocated. This sport needs a fundamental overhaul from the ground up as far as organizations go if it's actually going to thrive in the future. Especially with the apparent demise of RSNs, there desperately needs to be some equalizers
There would literally be a bunch of arguments saying that baseball actually has more parody than football does. That we're just butthurt about it because we're run by incompetent boobs.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:44 PM 05-16-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
There would literally be a bunch of arguments saying that baseball actually has more parody than football does. That we're just butthurt about it because we're run by incompetent boobs.
Parity. And no, it's just a fact of how baseball is structured. It's the only sport where it's even possible for the entire payroll of a skinflint organization like the A's to match the market rate of one ace pitcher.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:48 PM 05-16-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Parity. And no, it's just a fact of how baseball is structured. It's the only sport where it's even possible for the entire payroll of a skinflint organization like the A's to match the market rate of one ace pitcher.
The owners are just as much to blame...for everyone who says the players will not agree to a cap the owners won't agree to a floor.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:51 PM 05-16-2023
Right. That's why in reality baseball will probably just fade more and more into irrelevancy.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:51 PM 05-16-2023
Originally Posted by myselff77:
Dayton surely gets credit for a World Series title. There's plenty of organizations better run who have less to show for their efforts. That being said, Moore was certainly lucky with trading away Myers. Moore did not identify Wade Davis as a dominate bullpen arm, and would have been thrilled if they could have used him as a solid #4/5 starter. The fact the plan did not work out with Davis in the rotation and becoming part of the domination with HDH closing out games was certainly quite a bit of luck.
DOMINANT is the word you're looking for there. Dominate is a verb describing the act of dominating. i.e. Patrick Mahomes dominates the NFL like no one before.

Dominant is the adjective to describe the trait of domination. i.e. Patrick Mahomes is the dominant quarterback in the NFL.

Grammar moment aside (sorry, that's my absolute biggest pet peeve), the Royals and Moore absolutely believed Davis's floor was as a dynamic bullpen arm. They made that trade with the idea that Shields gave them the rotation leader that was needed, and Davis would either be a quality starter for them, or a key piece of the back end of the bullpen.

No one could have predicted he'd be as dominant as he was in 2014 and 2015, but that was crazy, historic levels of dominance. You can never predict that.

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
They traded Davis that offseason along with too many injuries in 2016.
Yeah, the deal I was hearing at the time was Davis + Cain for Trea Turner, Reynaldo Lopez, and Andrew Stevenson.

I don't know how close it was to actually happening, but it was in the works/in discussion (per my friend that used to travel with the ballclub).
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:54 PM 05-16-2023
It’s hard to imagine him dumping Cain in the middle of a playoff run, which we had both summer 2016 and 2017

At any rate Wade velo was 94.2 as a FT reliever 2012 with Tampa. Was 96.5 his two years in our pen. Nobody would predict that and yeah it was fortunate. But again, he was damn good in Tampa’s pen so it wasn’t exactly a shock he’d be good in ours
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:33 PM 05-16-2023

Kumar Rocker To Undergo Tommy John Surgery https://t.co/dKQt4bchA8 pic.twitter.com/SR7rCsE2wo

— MLB Trade Rumors (@mlbtraderumors) May 16, 2023

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:45 PM 05-16-2023
Kowar is back. Got to think this is going to be one of his last chances.

The #Royals bring a fresh arm to the bullpen. pic.twitter.com/cvTCep8Ir6

— Bally Sports Kansas City (@BallySportsKC) May 16, 2023

[Reply]
Mecca 04:58 PM 05-16-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Kowar is back. Got to think this is going to be one of his last chances.
Kowar was terrible at AAA too, he's basically washed at this point.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:44 PM 05-16-2023
He’s really good at throwing a FB 96 a few inches outside then missing badly with a secondary pitch. Then getting blasted with the FB 96 down the middle

Should be fun to watch again
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:51 PM 05-16-2023
He's 0-6 with a 10.76 era in his career. Which, honestly, is a bit lower than I would have guessed.

Let's see if Kowar can get that career ERA under 9.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:09 PM 05-16-2023
5 run second inning. Not too shabby.
[Reply]
tk13 09:19 PM 05-16-2023
Eaton costs a run trying to be a hero in CF.
[Reply]
cabletech94 10:24 PM 05-16-2023
Royals win!!!
[Reply]
Page 123 of 333
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133173223 > Last »
Up