ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 123 of 157
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022-2023 College Basketball Thread****
Pablo 06:23 PM 11-11-2022
Games tipped off this week. Feel free to post any and all college basketball info and thoughts in this thread.

Here’s how the top 25 started out

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:21 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Still haven’t figured out how Houston was seeded four spots higher than they were last year for having a similar season in the same conference.
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Cuz the tourney chair is a ****ing reerun
KU fan shouldn't be talking shit about a team that went farther than them.
[Reply]
kstater 08:32 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by chiefsfan987:
I think this has to be one of the worst if not the worst job the selection committee has ever done. When not a single #1 seed even makes the elite 8 you completely missed the mark seeding the tournament.
Who should have been a 1 seed that wasn't?

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:35 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by kstater:
Who should have been a 1 seed that wasn't?

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
Arizona. lol
[Reply]
Pablo 08:36 PM 03-24-2023
I think this has to be one of the worst if not the worst job the selection committee has ever done. When not a single #1 seed even makes the elite 8 you completely missed the mark seeding the tournament.
College basketball has true parity unlike college football.

Lots of good teams when all it takes is one dude and a coach to get your program going.

It's a beautiful thing
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:37 PM 03-24-2023
Yes, because the committee knew a 16 seed that shouldn't have been qualified for the tournament would beat a 1 seed, the defending national champion would lose to the team that finished in 10th place in the SEC in the second round, a university that's only made the Elite 8 once in their entire history with 0 Final Fours with a criminal case looming around the program along with two assistants announcing they're leaving for HC jobs during the tournament would lose to a 5 seed (after the 4 seed in the region lost to a 13 seed), and the #2 overall seed would lose by 14 to a 5 seed (who also went to the Elite 8 last year).

Jeez.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:38 PM 03-24-2023
Two 2's got knocked out the first weekend as well (including the "5th one" Arizona). Texas may be the only 2 that makes the FF. You can't reasonably say any of the 3's should've been a 1. You could maybe argue for Texas but I think this tournament speaks more to the gap close between a team like an Alabama (relying on a freshman) and a San Diego State (loaded with seniors).
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:39 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Two 2's got knocked out the first weekend as well (including the "5th one" Arizona). Texas may be the only 2 that makes the FF. You can't reasonably say any of the 3's should've been a 1. You could maybe argue for Texas but I think this tournament speaks more to the gap close between a team like an Alabama (relying on a freshman) and a San Diego State (loaded with seniors).
UCLA was actually the highest 2 seed over Arizona, Texas, and Marquette.

Purdue earned that 1 seed over UCLA, though, despite the FDU loss.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:41 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
UCLA was actually the highest 2 seed over Arizona, Texas, and Marquette.

Purdue earned that 1 seed over UCLA, though, despite the FDU loss.
Yeah that's true. Arizona was a plenty popular pick to make the FF. I think we agree on the overall point. The committee is fine. College basketball is just more fun than ever with the ability of these smaller schools to close the gap...at least for this year.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:41 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Yes, because the committee knew a 16 seed that shouldn't have been qualified for the tournament would beat a 1 seed, the defending national champion would lose to the team that finished in 10th place in the SEC in the second round, a university that's only made the Elite 8 once in their entire history with 0 Final Fours with a criminal case looming around the program along with two assistants announcing they're leaving for HC jobs during the tournament would lose to a 5 seed (after the 4 seed in the region lost to a 13 seed), and the #2 overall seed would lose by 14 to a 5 seed (who also went to the Elite 8 last year).

Jeez.
IT'S LIKE THEY PLANNED IT OUT
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:47 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
KU fan shouldn't be talking shit about a team that went farther than them.
We'll cry while we cuddle our national championship trophy.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:47 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
IT'S LIKE THEY PLANNED IT OUT
It was all apart of the script.

Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Yeah that's true. Arizona was a plenty popular pick to make the FF. I think we agree on the overall point. The committee is fine. College basketball is just more fun than ever with the ability of these smaller schools to close the gap...at least for this year.
Yeah. In terms of the probability of all 1 seeds losing prior to the Elite 8, along with a 2 and 4 seed losing round, it's not very likely.

That said, I get the gripe about Kansas being the #3 overall seed instead of #2 over Houston, but to act as if it's an embarrassment to college basketball and all the upsets leading to no 1 seed going to the Elite 8 is why the committee is incompetent is silly.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:50 PM 03-24-2023
I recognize Sean Miller has done a great job in his first year returning to Xavier after they hadn't been to the tournament since Mack left, however, dude cannot catch a break.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:56 PM 03-24-2023
Dare I say..... CRAP SHOOT!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:57 PM 03-24-2023
Welp. Looks like it's 2 blowouts for us tonight. At least Houston and Miami was competitive through the first half
[Reply]
Pablo 09:00 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Welp. Looks like it's 2 blowouts for us tonight. At least Houston and Miami was competitive through the first half
Yup. Princeton and Xavier are just flat out overmatched it appears.

Lots of game left and all that shit..
[Reply]
Page 123 of 157
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133 > Last »
Up