« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133173223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:11 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
There is no hand waiving going. The facts are that this is arguably the deepest WR room in the league right now. And Justin Watson, the 5th WR on the depth chart, had a connection with Patrick from the get go. Patrick himself even said as much when he called Veach and asked about him.

Skyy is a rookie that’s made rookie mistakes. Pretty sure he doesn’t have Patrick’s trust like some veterans. The SF INT is a good example of him losing trust. But he’s not getting more reps. Christian Watson made countless fuck up’s and lost his QB’s trust but gained it back last night with experience. We need to see if Skyy will do the same as he gets experience.

Even as a baseline the Chiefs drafted this guy based on team fit and future expectations. He wasn’t drafted to be Tyreek Hill. He was fighting for the 4th WR spot behind MVS, Juju and Hardman the day he stepped foot at camp.

And FFS people need to quit getting pissed at him for his ST’s mistakes. It’s in no way his fault. It’s Toub and Andy’s fault for putting him out there. The kid has zero experience as a returner and they just put him out there bc he had good hands in college. That’s the definition of asinine. And of course people hate the kid for it.
"There's no hand waiving..."

{proceeds to make excuses for a 2nd round pick playing worse than every other WR taken in the round...}

That 'deepest WR room in the league' was missing it's top 3 options for parts of the game and Moore did nothing. That 'connection' that Justin Watson, a complete JAG and league-wide afterthought, was there for the taking for Moore. That 4th WR spot he was fighting for has turned into the 6th WR spot by mid-season. That's not progress, fellas.

Hardman, who you have never said anything positive about, has kept far more space between himself and Moore than he did between himself and Pringle.

There's just always some justification for a second round pick to be contributing nothing to this offense. And when it's clearly harder now to make the "well the scheme is just so complicated" argument with Toney hitting the ground running, you cite some 'connection' between Mahomes and Watson instead.

Yes, that's absolutely hand-waiving. It's the definition of same. There's always a 'yeah but' with this kid.

Bottom line is that the Chiefs reached on a guy who wasn't ready to contribute and doesn't have the raw tools to present a long-term, high upside play. That's an iffy pick and it's okay to call it such.
[Reply]
-King- 10:11 AM 11-14-2022
What? He had zero snaps until Juju got hurt. Then he had 25% of the snaps (16) the rest of the game.

He even had a catch yesterday. He was the next WR to catch a pass right after Juju left the game. Did you watch the game?
Oh well....he sure made himself invisible during that time. Might as well have kept him at 0 snaps.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:12 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
A-fuckingmen. It was a stupid argument that we fought against all offseason and Toney came in and just blew that argument to shit.

Hopefully it fucking dies to never be heard from again.
"But, but, but....Toney is actually talented..."

Yeah, that's kinda the point, laddies.
[Reply]
JPH83 10:12 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's the difference between an elite talent and a 3rd round one.

2nd round talents do more than Skyy Moore is doing. Alec Pierce was a 2nd round talent, IMO.

We reached - shit happens. It was a wholly unforced error, IMO.
I don't think Pierce is going to be any better than Moore, at all. He's got the physical traits but he's also getting snaps...because the Colts WR room is full of stiffs. I honestly can't see any way Moore doesn't get more targets if he's up against Parris Campbell.

The guys who come in and blow the doors off in this offence are elite talents like Hill and Toney. We agree Moore aint that. But I think there's every chance he's better than Alec Pierce.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:12 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
How am I wrong though? Defenders routinely rotate in and out of the lineup, I’d argue it’s easier as a defender to get on the field and make an impact in a limited role. Assuming Juju comes back healthy and everyone else stays in the field, do you honestly see Moore finding room to contribute all of a sudden this late in the season? Watson and Toney are going to continue to see an increase in usage. This week is likely the best chance for Moore to show something. Come late seasons playoff time I just don’t see Mahomes going to someone he doesn’t trust if he hasn’t shown anything by then.

Doesn’t mean Moore can’t start fresh next year, but that just goes back to it probably not being the best usage of drag resources in the 2nd round.
We are a half game past the midpoint of the season.

Not saying that it was a great pick or anything of the sort. But giving up on the season if he doesn't bust out against the Chargers is premature.
[Reply]
-King- 10:13 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
A-fuckingmen. It was a stupid argument that we fought against all offseason and Toney came in and just blew that argument to shit.

Hopefully it fucking dies to never be heard from again.
It never made sense to begin with. I get Andy's system can be hard to learn but if you show you can be a playmaker, he'll figure out how to get the ball in your hands.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:13 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I don't think Pierce is going to be any better than Moore, at all. He's got the physical traits but he's also getting snaps...because the Colts WR room is full of stiffs. I honestly can't see any way Moore doesn't get more targets if he's up against Parris Campbell.

The guys who come in and blow the doors off in this offence are elite talents like Hill and Toney. We agree Moore aint that. But I think there's every chance he's better than Alec Pierce.
He's getting lapped by Justin Watson.

We continue to ignore what's happening for hypothetical 'competition' when Moore's given no indication that he'd pass anyone on a depth chart right now.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:14 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't think it's wrong for people to have higher expectations for a 2nd round player though either, fair or not.
I don't think it's wrong for people to wait and see what happens before they declare him a wasted pick.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:15 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't think it's wrong for people to wait and see what happens before they declare him a wasted pick.
At the same time, a pick's 'value' is 4 years. From that point on, he's just another contract on the books.

If you torch 1/4 of that value on a 2nd rounder who's presently sitting 6th on the depth chart, that means something.
[Reply]
TEX 10:15 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
It never made sense to begin with. I get Andy's system can be hard to learn but if you show you can be a playmaker, he'll figure out how to get the ball in your hands.
Exactly! SHOW SOMETHING and you'll get touches.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 10:15 AM 11-14-2022
There is no hand waiving going. The facts are that this is arguably the deepest WR room in the league right now. And Justin Watson, the 5th WR on the depth chart, had a connection with Patrick from the get go. Patrick himself even said as much when he called Veach and asked about him.

Skyy is a rookie that’s made rookie mistakes. Pretty sure he doesn’t have Patrick’s trust like some veterans. The SF INT is a good example of him losing trust. But he’s not getting more reps. Christian Watson made countless **** up’s and lost his QB’s trust but gained it back last night with experience. We need to see if Skyy will do the same as he gets experience.

Even as a baseline the Chiefs drafted this guy based on team fit and future expectations. He wasn’t drafted to be Tyreek Hill. He was fighting for the 4th WR spot behind MVS, Juju and Hardman the day he stepped foot at camp.

And FFS people need to quit getting pissed at him for his ST’s mistakes. It’s in no way his fault. It’s Toub and Andy’s fault for putting him out there. The kid has zero experience as a returner and they just put him out there bc he had good hands in college. That’s the definition of asinine. And of course people hate the kid for it.
Muffing punts isn’t his fault? Really?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:16 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Moore dominated at the collegiate level against lesser competition.
Like fuck he did.

I got too much going on today to debate this the way i want. But, no, he did not. The tape don't lie.

Again, im not OUT on Moore by any means. I think he's talented and will contribute to this offense.

But some of these arguments need to just be put to bed. They were wrong then, and they're even more wrong now.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:16 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Exactly! SHOW SOMETHING and you'll get touches.
The interception was just so bad.

It's a simple dig route. It's the shit you learn in high school. And it was schemed up to get him the ball.

And he botched it. If you can't run that route when it's called expressly for you and there's a dedicated clear out coming from the back side, you don't belong on the field.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:17 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
At the same time, a pick's 'value' is 4 years. From that point on, he's just another contract on the books.

If you torch 1/4 of that value on a 2nd rounder who's presently sitting 6th on the depth chart, that means something.
Not saying it doesn't. But once again, it doesn't look like there's any room for a middle ground. You either hate the pick or you love it. You either must hate him or you're making excuses.

The polarization that happens here is just maddening sometimes.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:17 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Muffing punts isn’t his fault? Really?
Not hand-waiving...
[Reply]
Page 123 of 280
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133173223 > Last »
Up