ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 123 of 185
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133173 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:23 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Sam Williams is a Cowboy so he's not a solution.
He was available.

As I said I want to be proven wrong, but his production isn't there and his athletic profile is limited which is obvious when he had opportunities for "splash" plays
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:24 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
He was available
He's not now. Unless you're operating with zero hindsight on Karlaftis. Which makes your point of view even more absurd.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:25 PM 11-17-2022
What's the general rule for Dlinemen? 3 years or some shit?

I aint worried about him. I think he's exactly what draft pundits thought he'd be. The Chiefs are getting quality snaps out of him and he's holding his own out there. Nowhere to go but up.

It's not like Tyson Jackson getting blown 5 yards off the LOS every snap his rookie year.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:27 PM 11-17-2022
I wanted KC to draft the Cowboys' Sam Williams
Yeah me too but it is what it is.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:27 PM 11-17-2022
If he reached that mark of production it would be a justified 1st round pick and continues that. Especially if Sam Williams produces at the same level, but if Karlaftis stays as is and is just a try hard then it would be disappointing.
Literally the only thing that Sam Williams has more of than George is sacks, so far as I can tell. He only has 5 QB pressures, so while he's gotten a couple more sacks, he's apparently not consistently getting close enough to the QB to even make him move off his spot.

Idk, just don't see how 2 extra sacks (with 8 games to go), but the other guy gets within arm's reach a lot more often, makes the one guy that much better than the other.

Time will tell, but right now I don't see where Sam Williams is the obviously better choice.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:28 PM 11-17-2022
He's not now. Unless you're operating with zero hindsight on Karlaftis. Which makes your point of view even more absurd.
Hindsight, I said Sam Williams was a known commodity and I can bring the receipts.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:29 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Literally the only thing that Sam Williams has more of than George is sacks, so far as I can tell. He only has 5 QB pressures, so while he's gotten a couple more sacks, he's apparently not consistently getting close enough to the QB to even make him move off his spot.

Idk, just don't see how 2 extra sacks (with 8 games to go), but the other guy gets within arm's reach a lot more often, makes the one guy that much better than the other.

Time will tell, but right now I don't see where Sam Williams is the obviously better choice.
You're operating in hindsight, using stats from this season.

Tribal made up his mind during the draft, when the Chiefs first drafted Karlaftis and didn't draft Sam Williams. It was a failure from that point on. No amount of stats are going to change that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:31 PM 11-17-2022
Hindsight, I said Sam Williams was a known commodity and I can bring the receipts.
Exactly. No hindsight.

You wanted Williams in the draft. The instant that DIDN'T happen, you declared the pick of Karlaftis a failure.

Your opinion is noted. And form now on will be summarily ignored. You're in this to bitch about yourself and your own expectations and it has nothing to do with the Chiefs. It's personal.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:31 PM 11-17-2022
You're operating in hindsight, using stats from this season.

Tribal made up his mind during the draft, when the Chiefs first drafted Karlaftis and didn't draft Sam Williams. It was a failure from that point on. No amount of stats are going to change that.
Don't become hyperbolic, I've said multiple times I want to be proven wrong
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:33 PM 11-17-2022
Don't become hyperbolic, I've said multiple times I want to be proven wrong
Wanting to be proven wrong is like saying "no offense" and then saying something blatantly offensive. You don't want to be proven wrong or you wouldn't be here talking like this.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:35 PM 11-17-2022
Wanting to be proven wrong is like saying "no offense" and then saying something blatantly offensive. You don't want to be proven wrong or you wouldn't be here talking like this.
No, it's like sink or swim with no favoritism. He plays for Chiefs, why would I want him to fail.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:36 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

He has 1/4 of the rush snaps Karlaftis has because he didn't need to unseat Mike Dana for starters reps. On a per snap basis he's significantly better than Karlaftis has been and simply watching him play demonstrates that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:37 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He has 1/4 of the rush snaps Karlaftis has because he didn't need to unseat Mike Dana for starters reps. On a per snap basis he's significantly better than Karlaftis has been and simply watching him play demonstrates that.
And we could have taken him and Karlaftis BOTH.

One has NOTHING to do with the other.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:41 PM 11-17-2022
And we could have taken him and Karlaftis BOTH.

One has NOTHING to do with the other.
Yes it does, because you know very well if the Chiefs selected him as DE they wouldn't double up considering the other needs
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:42 PM 11-17-2022
Eh, this is the same thing people say to me about Moore and I WANT Moore to succeed. Again, before we got Toney, I was calling for Moore to start at the X to potentially provide a man coverage weapon on the backside.

Pointing out your preferred course in expressing your frustration in a chosen path hardly seems out of bounds.
[Reply]
Page 123 of 185
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133173 > Last »
Up