View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 122 of 343
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172222 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
R Clark 08:36 PM 07-17-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
We definitely need to run the ball more this year. We needed to do that last season also. It never happened, I am not sure it will this season either considering the HC and QB that we have.
I love Andy Reid as much as anybody and wanted him here and super appreciate the success he’s had. I’ve watched this team religiously for 50 yrs but if you think he’s going to start running the hall when it should be run your higher than I am and I’ve had the better part of a quart of bourbon this evening . He just won’t run the ball or we would have seen it last yr when it was called for. Hell I am dumber than a box of rocks and when they drop eight you run it till they stop it.
[Reply]
Bump 10:45 PM 07-17-2022
Originally Posted by R Clark:
I love Andy Reid as much as anybody and wanted him here and super appreciate the success he’s had. I’ve watched this team religiously for 50 yrs but if you think he’s going to start running the hall when it should be run your higher than I am and I’ve had the better part of a quart of bourbon this evening . He just won’t run the ball or we would have seen it last yr when it was called for. Hell I am dumber than a box of rocks and when they drop eight you run it till they stop it.
our o-line looks like the ideal o-line to run the ball. Gives vibes of some legendary lines from the past like the 90's Cowboys and early 00's Chiefs. We just don't have talent at running back, with this line and the holes they produced and it wasn't effective. You do need to have talent at the position to run the ball. Emmitt Smith was a great running back, people say 'well he had the line' and same with Priest Holmes, both great runners that also had a great o-line to elevate their greatness. We don't have talent at running back. Ronnie Jones might be able to do some things, we'll have to wait and see.
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:18 AM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
When they signed Ingram, they were playing NFL quality football. instead of bundle of sticks flaming monkeys ****ing pokeholes
Yeah, Ingram was the best, letting him go kind of pisses me off.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:42 PM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by Bump:
our o-line looks like the ideal o-line to run the ball. Gives vibes of some legendary lines from the past like the 90's Cowboys and early 00's Chiefs. We just don't have talent at running back, with this line and the holes they produced and it wasn't effective. You do need to have talent at the position to run the ball. Emmitt Smith was a great running back, people say 'well he had the line' and same with Priest Holmes, both great runners that also had a great o-line to elevate their greatness. We don't have talent at running back. Ronnie Jones might be able to do some things, we'll have to wait and see.
We do have talent at RB. We just don’t use it as well as we should.

McKinnon was killing Cincy till Andy decided to stop using him. And Clyde was looking good, as well. We will be going into 2022 with 2 recent first round picks at RB and a truly dynamic back in McKinnon that may be the best of them all.
[Reply]
dtrain 06:45 AM 07-19-2022
https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/why...lando-brown-jr

It is time for Joe Douglas to make a commitment to Zach Wilson.

A commitment of protecting him.

The second-year quarterback was the third most sacked signal caller in the NFL last season (44 sacks), he came up hobbling two other times and missed the better part of four games with a knee injury.

The Jets’ General Manager Joe Douglas needs to put together a trade package for the Chiefs’ Orlando Brown Jr., who was unable to come to a long-term contract resolution with Kansas City by Friday’s deadline.

I’ve been beating on this drum for sometime. There is just no way the Jets can go into this season with the situation they have at offensive tackle.

Both of New York’s tackles, who are slated to start (George Fant and Mekhi Becton) had offseason knee surgeries. Fant will be 30 years old and has only had one good season in his career (last season), and Becton is a wildcard. Reports over the past year do not have Becton trending in the right direction.

As a former Jets scout, and aspiring NFL GM, this is not how you want to go into a schedule littered with elite pass rushers.

Everyone is so busy patting Douglas on the back for the offensive skill position players added in free agency and the draft. However, none of that will make any difference if Wilson is flat on his back.

The depth chart has little to offer behind the questionable Fant and Becton, and the only response Douglas has had in the offseason was selecting offensive tackle Max Mitchell (who I gave a C- grade to) in the fourth-round.

I pushed hard pre-draft for the Jets to select blue-chip LT Ikem Ekwonu with the fourth overall pick, which would have given Wilson his blindside body guard for the future. Ekwonu went two picks after the Jets selected Ahmad Gardner (No. 4 overall).

It’s not too late.

Douglas can still put together a blockbuster deal with Kansas City for Pro Bowler Brown (26-years old), and avert potential disaster.

Will the Jets have to overpay for such a talent as Brown?

Absolutely.

What would the Jets have to give up? Draft picks, Becton, whatever it takes.

Several media platforms have come out recently with the rumored possibility of Becton going to Pittsburgh.

Dealing Becton to Kansas City would give the Chiefs a replacement for Brown, and correct a situation that is not a good one for the Chiefs or anyone involved. By not giving Brown what he wanted, Kansas City has essentially told Brown they don’t feel he is worth that much.

That kind of gesture leaves a bad taste in a player’s mouth even if Brown plays for the Chiefs on the one-year, $16,662,000 franchise tag number.

Nobody wants to be where they are not wanted.

What kind of financial deal would Douglas need to put together for Brown?

Brown turned down the Chiefs’ last ditch offer of six years for $139 million ($23.16M avg) according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. The offer included a signing bonus of $30.25 million and $95 million in the first five years.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner told NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero, “We enjoyed dealing with the Chiefs and we understand their position as well. I’m not gonna let these athletes sign a flashy contract without the substance or security there.”

Brown, who has only missed one game in his career since being a third-round pick in 2018, is said to want a deal estimated at $105 million ($72 million guaranteed) according to chiefswire.usatoday.com.

Do the Jets have that much room under their salary cap?

New York is said to have $9 million to work with (jetswire.usatoday.com).

They would have to move things around and creatively structure the deal.

Is Brown worth that kind of dough in the NFL world?

Back in February, I did the film work on Brown and gave him an elite level grade (A-).

Bottom line, in my evaluation about Brown, “Powerful big man, who looks like a long-term solution.”

I believe it’s the right move for New York to make. Losing organizations will never be able to attract such talent through free agency and guys like this don’t come around every year in the draft.

To have an opportunity to land Brown is significant for the Jets.

Does Douglas think it’s worth it?

Does Douglas think Wilson is worth it?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:57 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by dtrain:
Dealing Becton to Kansas City would give the Chiefs a replacement for Brown, and correct a situation that is not a good one for the Chiefs or anyone involved. By not giving Brown what he wanted, Kansas City has essentially told Brown they don’t feel he is worth that much.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner told NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero, “We enjoyed dealing with the Chiefs and we understand their position as well. I’m not gonna let these athletes sign a flashy contract without the substance or security there.”
This article blows. It contradicts itself right in the meat of it.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:59 AM 07-19-2022
Give me Becton and a high jets third.. I dont know what the issue with him is but i bet he could turn it around here. He has the size and athleticism.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:25 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Give me Becton and a high jets third.. I dont know what the issue with him is but i bet he could turn it around here. He has the size and athleticism.
This late in the offseason? A high 3rd and a dude with a ton of talent but who has had a rocky start to his career?

Every man has his price, but that price is pretty high. We're here to win Super Bowls, and trading your LT a couple weeks before training camp is a good way to derail those aspirations.

Jets can pay out the ass or no deal. I'm going to assume they'll take the no deal.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:41 AM 07-19-2022
Jets or the Bears makes the most sense.

I don't think it's going to happen, I think OBJ plays this year, limited holdout, and then is likely to get tagged and traded.

However we are all allowed to dream... So yes, trade OBJ to the Jets for a 1st rounder in next years draft. While intrigued by Becton, I'd rather get a higher draft pick and then just figure something out at LT. Risky as hell for the upcoming season, but I think worth it.

Another problem with Beckton is that while he has 2 years and a 5th year option remaining on his rookie deal, that with rear option comes do the same offseason where Smith and Humphry are free agents.
[Reply]
O.city 10:50 AM 07-19-2022
We're gonna trade our starting LT a week before TC with no other option to play there and block the blindside of our half billion dollar QB.

That sounds......well not likely.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:50 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
This late in the offseason? A high 3rd and a dude with a ton of talent but who has had a rocky start to his career?

Every man has his price, but that price is pretty high. We're here to win Super Bowls, and trading your LT a couple weeks before training camp is a good way to derail those aspirations.

Jets can pay out the ass or no deal. I'm going to assume they'll take the no deal.
Becton probably has a stand-alone trade value of around a 2nd round pick right now (I would guess)?

He has 2 more years left on his deal at $5.5 million TOTAL on the Chiefs cap. He also has a 5th year player option which would probably be at about a 1/3 discount over his market value (provided reasonable progression).

So if you're trading for Becton you're getting the next 3 years for probably about $18-20 million TOTAL. Or roughly 1 year of Brown.

Is there risk there? No question. But we also don't know if Veach's line in the sand was truly a 'here and no further' sort of line rather than "well lets just wait and see".

If it's the former, I think you make an OBJ for Becton/3rd deal without much thought.

Look at it as OBJ for Becton and Robert Quinn (because you could surely flip that 3rd for him and the freed salary covers Quinn with room to spare).

Would I deal OBJ for Becton and Quinn? Yeah, I'd do that. And we'd keep the books in really nice shape for the coming years.
[Reply]
O.city 10:52 AM 07-19-2022
https://www.nfl.com/videos/chadiha-f...lando-brown-jr
[Reply]
O.city 10:53 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Becton probably has a stand-alone trade value of around a 2nd round pick right now (I would guess)?

He has 2 more years left on his deal at $5.5 million TOTAL on the Chiefs cap. He also has a 5th year player option which would probably be at about a 1/3 discount over his market value (provided reasonable progression).

So if you're trading for Becton you're getting the next 3 years for probably about $18-20 million TOTAL. Or roughly 1 year of Brown.

Is there risk there? No question. But we also don't know if Veach's line in the sand was truly a 'here and no further' sort of line rather than "well lets just wait and see".

If it's the former, I think you make an OBJ for Becton/3rd deal without much thought.

Look at it as OBJ for Becton and Robert Quinn (because you could surely flip that 3rd for him and the freed salary covers Quinn with room to spare).

Would I deal OBJ for Becton and Quinn? Yeah, I'd do that. And we'd keep the books in really nice shape for the coming years.
I dont' think Becton is worth a shit. So no, I wouldn't do that.

This just ain't Madden. You've gotta get Becton up and going in the Chiefs offense with no offseason in it and ready to roll by game 1 in a month and a half. I just don't think it's wise.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:54 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
We're gonna trade our starting LT a week before TC with no other option to play there and block the blindside of our half billion dollar QB.

That sounds......well not likely.
So again - 3 team deal (effectively)

Chiefs get: Becton/Quinn

Jets get: OBJ

Bears get: Jets 3rd rounder

You don't like how that shakes out? Honestly, I think just about every team IN that mix should be pretty happy with how that shakes out. The real key component is going to be Becton's medicals. I wouldn't do it without a real firm understanding of how that knee has recovered.

But if those check out, the cap looks much nicer over the next 2-3 seasons. The DL gets the juice it desperately needs and frankly the Chiefs get a guy who's tools fit this system better than OBJ does.

In the end I think it's the Jets who balk.
[Reply]
O.city 10:56 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So again - 3 team deal (effectively)

Chiefs get: Becton/Quinn

Jets get: OBJ

Bears get: Jets 3rd rounder

You don't like how that shakes out? Honestly, I think just about every team IN that mix should be pretty happy with how that shakes out. The real key component is going to be Becton's medicals. I wouldn't do it without a real firm understanding of how that knee has recovered.

But if those check out, the cap looks much nicer over the next 2-3 seasons. The DL gets the juice it desperately needs and frankly the Chiefs get a guy who's tools fit this system better than OBJ does.

In the end I think it's the Jets who balk.
If the knee checks out, why would the Jets make that deal? If Becton is a better fit at LT than OBJ, there's no reason to make said trade.

If they're willing to do it, that says all you need to know about Becton.
[Reply]
Page 122 of 343
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172222 > Last »
Up