« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172222 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:33 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I would have gone elsewhere too. But again writing him off now is just foolish. There are people in this thread that actually think the Moore we're seeing now is all we're ever going to see. That's asinine.
I don’t think he’ll just never improve, clearly he’ll get better. But it’s about opportunity cost. We passed up the opportunity to likely draft one of a number of other players who would likely be better early on and also have a higher ceiling.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:37 AM 11-14-2022
A lot of the talk on draft day was around Pickens' slide, and I know much of that was related to factors other than his on the field ability, and Pickens was taken a few picks ahead of Moore, but... seems like maybe there is some distance between the two players.
[Reply]
TEX 09:39 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I don’t think he’ll just never improve, clearly he’ll get better. But it’s about opportunity cost. We passed up the opportunity to likely draft one of a number of other players who would likely be better early on and also have a higher ceiling.
This is where I am also. I have the same feeling I had with drafting CEH. The opportunity cost of not drafting Taylor. With Skyy, it's not drafting Pickens. We'll see...
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:46 AM 11-14-2022
You literally said "If it doesn’t happen this week I don’t see it happening at all."
[Reply]
-King- 09:47 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Moore just has a thin margin for how he can find success in the NFL. He doesn’t have Toney’s tools to adjust mid-route and make jaw dropping plays by posterizing his opponent. Instead, I think Moore’s routes need to be precise, consistent, and rather “boring” for him to find success. Mahomes needs to always be able to count on where he’s going to be, and him drifting a yard or two any direction can cause a lot of problems since Moore doesn’t have the tools or size to posterize a defender nearby.

As to why Toub is so hellbent on making a guy with his tools into a returner when he’s never done it before, to that I have no idea.
He's gotta play like Tyler lockett. That's probably his best case scenario.

But man with Juju out for half the game and MVS out for a drive or two, coaches didn't even seem to think about putting him in the game. That's kind of crazy.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:52 AM 11-14-2022
You literally said "If it doesn’t happen this week I don’t see it happening at all."
I’m talking about this season. If he doesn’t show something this week it’s probably not happening.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:52 AM 11-14-2022
I am still hopeful for Skyy but sure seems like he will take a year of seasoning. Yesterday he had 16 snaps compared to Toney's 28 snaps. Watson had 46 and noticed last week we are seeing more of him of late.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:53 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:

But man with Juju out for half the game and MVS out for a drive or two, coaches didn't even seem to think about putting him in the game. That's kind of crazy.
I’ll give him somewhat of a pass on that. Now that they have a week to gameplan, now is the time for him to make an impact.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:54 AM 11-14-2022
I’m talking about this season. If he doesn’t show something this week it’s probably not happening.
Justin Houston didn't have a single sack until game 12 of his rookie season.

Gimme a break.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:01 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I truly see no basis for this argument at all.

I mean Byron Pringle and DeMarcus Robinson pushed themselves past Mecole Hardman on the depth chart. Pringle in particular.

Moore hasn't so much as kept his spot ahead of Justin Watson. He's certainly not ahead of Hardman whereas Pringle and Robinson were.

That's not something you hand-waive from a top 60 pick. This wasn't Noah Gray. Right now Moore has been the least productive WR taken in the first two rounds. He's been less producitve than guys like David Bell, Romeo Doubs and even Khalil Shakir who were taken after him (and Shakir has a tougher depth chart in front of him).

Be patient - fine. But to just continue to say "oh, well this should've been expected" is flat wrong. This is far less than you'd expect from a guy taken at 54. He's not forcing himself into the offense and his biggest contributions are typically mistakes.

That isn't par for the course for a 2nd round pick.
There is no hand waiving going. The facts are that this is arguably the deepest WR room in the league right now. And Justin Watson, the 5th WR on the depth chart, had a connection with Patrick from the get go. Patrick himself even said as much when he called Veach and asked about him.

Skyy is a rookie that’s made rookie mistakes. Pretty sure he doesn’t have Patrick’s trust like some veterans. The SF INT is a good example of him losing trust. But he’s not getting more reps. Christian Watson made countless fuck up’s and lost his QB’s trust but gained it back last night with experience. We need to see if Skyy will do the same as he gets experience.

Even as a baseline the Chiefs drafted this guy based on team fit and future expectations. He wasn’t drafted to be Tyreek Hill. He was fighting for the 4th WR spot behind MVS, Juju and Hardman the day he stepped foot at camp.

And FFS people need to quit getting pissed at him for his ST’s mistakes. It’s in no way his fault. It’s Toub and Andy’s fault for putting him out there. The kid has zero experience as a returner and they just put him out there bc he had good hands in college. That’s the definition of asinine. And of course people hate the kid for it.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:02 AM 11-14-2022
Justin Houston didn't have a single sack until game 12 of his rookie season.

Gimme a break.
How am I wrong though? Defenders routinely rotate in and out of the lineup, I’d argue it’s easier as a defender to get on the field and make an impact in a limited role. Assuming Juju comes back healthy and everyone else stays in the field, do you honestly see Moore finding room to contribute all of a sudden this late in the season? Watson and Toney are going to continue to see an increase in usage. This week is likely the best chance for Moore to show something. Come late seasons playoff time I just don’t see Mahomes going to someone he doesn’t trust if he hasn’t shown anything by then.

Doesn’t mean Moore can’t start fresh next year, but that just goes back to it probably not being the best usage of drag resources in the 2nd round.
[Reply]
O.city 10:03 AM 11-14-2022
I don't think it's wrong for people to have higher expectations for a 2nd round player though either, fair or not.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:04 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:

What? He had zero snaps until Juju got hurt. Then he had 25% of the snaps (16) the rest of the game.

He even had a catch yesterday. He was the next WR to catch a pass right after Juju left the game. Did you watch the game?
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:05 AM 11-14-2022
Meh I know the Chiefs are cautious with injuries but I wouldn't be surprised to see JJSS play this week. Apparently he was fine after the game but definitely will have to go through the concussion protocol.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:10 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It takes 3 years to get up to speed in this scheme.

Or two weeks if you're a legit talent, I guess.

Toney BLOWING past Moore on the depth chart and immediately making plays in this offense should go ahead and put the 'Andy Reid won't play young skill position players' myth to bed.

Moore simply hasn't forced the issue and made himself a part of the offense. In 2 weeks Toney damn sure has.

It wasn't ever Andy Reid - Moore simple isn't the talent so many of you claimed.
A-fuckingmen. It was a stupid argument that we fought against all offseason and Toney came in and just blew that argument to shit.

Hopefully it fucking dies to never be heard from again.
[Reply]
Page 122 of 280
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172222 > Last »
Up