ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 121 of 219
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****
duncan_idaho 09:14 AM 07-03-2023
Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
Recruiting Class
Rivals
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:18 AM 10-29-2023
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Georgia opened as a 20.5 point favorite. I expected them to be heavily favored, but not by 3 touchdowns. I have no expectations of a win, but I do expect it to be much closer than that.
Yikes. That's pretty gross.

Georgia just pushing Florida around yesterday didn't help my confidence any. I mean they just manhandled those guys.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:19 AM 10-29-2023
I may make a small bet for Mizzou to win the game outright. What are the odds on that?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:20 AM 10-29-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I may make a small bet for Mizzou to win the game outright. What are the odds on that?
:-)
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:13 PM 10-29-2023
Georgia needs to move to the NFL.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 12:48 PM 10-29-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yikes. That's pretty gross.

Georgia just pushing Florida around yesterday didn't help my confidence any. I mean they just manhandled those guys.
Florida isn't all that much those year....too up and down. I am not surprised that they got trucked by Georgia.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:29 PM 10-31-2023

[Reply]
TribalElder 06:32 PM 10-31-2023
Oklahoma is way too high, got whopped by KU last weekend
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:00 PM 10-31-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
If Mizzou wins, then they should catapult to top 7-8. If they win, then they have an actual shot at making the college playoffs.

Exciting shit!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:30 PM 10-31-2023
Imagine if they hadn't shit their pants at home against LSU?? Still think that game didn't matter?
[Reply]
Old Dog 11:28 AM 11-01-2023
5 1/2 to 1 give or take just a bit depending on the site you use

The line is down to 15 1/2 now on mine though
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:30 AM 11-01-2023
If Mizzou wins, then they should catapult to top 7-8. If they win, then they have an actual shot at making the college playoffs.

Exciting shit!
If they win it would put them on course for the SEC championship game. I think the playoffs are still only 4 teams this year so they'd have to win THAT as well; the SEC isn't getting two teams in this year, IMO.

But again, it's what we were saying about the LSU a few weeks ago - nothing truly changed based on that game. Everything is still on the table.

Is it even a little realistic? No - but we're in November and still control our own destiny. That's pretty damn exciting.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:31 AM 11-01-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Imagine if they hadn't shit their pants at home against LSU?? Still think that game didn't matter?
No, that game didn't matter.

They're not getting into the top 4 without beating UGA, even if they beat LSU. And if they beat UGA, they're in the drivers seat for the SEC title game even AFTER losing to LSU.

The only way it would matter is if they beat UGA and then lose to Tennessee or something (definitely a possibility). And yeah, that would suck royal ass.

But I'll worry about all that in the extremely unlikely event that we beat Georgia.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:22 PM 11-01-2023
The game mattered in the sense that in the likelihood that they lose to Georgia, winning out as a one loss SEC team puts them in a better bowl game with more visibility. I don't have any illusions of them beating Georgia or winning the conference title.

The 2007 and 2013 teams lost out on BCS bowls because of those regular season losses. Had they simply lost the CCG in both years, they wouldn't get the title shot, but they would have played in the Orange and Sugar Bowl respectively. When a program hasn't done that since the first year of Nixon, that's a big accomplishment.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:27 PM 11-01-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The game mattered in the sense that in the likelihood that they lose to Georgia, winning out as a one loss SEC team puts them in a better bowl game with more visibility. I don't have any illusions of them beating Georgia or winning the conference title.

The 2007 and 2013 teams lost out on BCS bowls because of those regular season losses. Had they simply lost the CCG in both years, they wouldn't get the title shot, but they would have played in the Orange and Sugar Bowl respectively. When a program hasn't done that since the first year of Nixon, that's a big accomplishment.
They still have a legitimate chance to win 10 games this year. That's pretty impressive.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:19 PM 11-01-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The game mattered in the sense that in the likelihood that they lose to Georgia, winning out as a one loss SEC team puts them in a better bowl game with more visibility. I don't have any illusions of them beating Georgia or winning the conferebigger?
l

Exactly. I don't think anyone is counting on beating Georgia on the road for any scenerio or even holding that against them if they lose.

But they did get absolutely rat fucked out of making 1 Fruit Bowl...
[Reply]
Page 121 of 219
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131171 > Last »
Up