ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 120 of 366
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
lewdog 09:00 PM 12-17-2015
I like when you boys come in here and post shit and pictures.

Good stuff in this thread for a straight novice like myself.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:02 PM 12-17-2015
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Not going to work in the garage anyway. I will own a 2 pole lift in my life though.
Ive got four two post and a four post drive on. Im spoiled. If I had to work on my hot rods without a lift I probably wouldn't do much
[Reply]
dred 09:11 PM 12-17-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Split bumper? I always loved the split bumper cars.

And I had a rs achet like that one in your pic and hated that ****er. I mean I probably have thirty to forty rachets and that was my least favorite. I traded it in
Oh yeah. Split bumper all the way. That damn ratchet actually works pretty good for turning the crank with the angle I have to get at it. That's about it.

Originally Posted by Marcellus:
If I may make a suggestion it is this. When assembling my car I built stands like this out of 16" 2x4 sections. Didn't cost a lot and well worth the effort. You can build them as tall as you want as long as you can get the car high enough to get them under the tires.

It makes working on the car much easier and stabler than jack stands and you can also see the car at ride height while working on it.

Nice start by the way.
I have the jack stands under the axle in the rear so that ride height is dead nut. I would love to have something better for the front though. I think I have them positioned under the subframe connectors right now. Not too keen on building blocks up under the tires though. Looks a little iffy to me for some reason. Cool idea though.

As much as you are spending on those cars and with as much as it helps I can't see why you guys don't just dump 1500 bucks on a used two post lift. I just bought another one. Ten thousand pound two post aamco. Probably used less than a hundred times. 1500 bucks. The guy bought it to under coat cars. So there is some on the arms. Doesn't bother me one bit

It makes working on your old cars so much more enjoyable.
I hear ya. I don't want to mount a lift in my current garage since I have too many toys that get moved around all of the time.
Would love to have a decent lift in a bigger garage. Might have to put that in the plans for the 3 acre property I purchased next door to my cabin. Will definitely be a project for next year.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:11 PM 12-17-2015
Ok I went to imgur uploaded my pic and then manage att. Upload and it still says upload failed
[Reply]
lewdog 09:14 PM 12-17-2015
Ok I went to imgur uploaded my pic and then manage att. Upload and it still says upload failed
Once it's on imgur, just copy and past the part to the right of the picture that says "BBCode (message boards & forums)." It has the IMG tags already in it.
[Reply]
hometeam 09:14 PM 12-17-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I might not know what I am talking about on major issues but many ST owners are claiming of an annoying transmission shudder with their STs on the forums. Then again, they could be driving them like a modified hot rod.
Yes, you are describing the non-ST automatic Focus DCT transmission issue.

Which is why mine is a 5 speed :P
[Reply]
hometeam 09:15 PM 12-17-2015
Originally Posted by dred:
Sweet. This thread is back to the top.
Got a few updated photos of the 70' RS Pro Touring project.
Got quite a bit done this Summer/Fall. Still have quite a bit to do but she is taking shape. :-)

Love this car! whats the setup?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:18 PM 12-17-2015
Sweet. This thread is back to the top.
Got a few updated photos of the 70' RS Pro Touring project.
Got quite a bit done this Summer/Fall. Still have quite a bit to do but she is taking shape. :-)

So dope.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:18 PM 12-17-2015

I have the jack stands under the axle in the rear so that ride height is dead nut. I would love to have something better for the front though. I think I have them positioned under the subframe connectors right now. Not too keen on building blocks up under the tires though. Looks a little iffy to me for some reason. Cool idea though.
I'm telling you nothing iffy about it. Its something the Ring Brothers came up with as far as I can know.

The best part is nothing is in the way since you wouldn't be working in the area under the tires anyway.

The biggest pain is getting the car up high enough to get them under the tires.

I have used jack stands and dealt with the instability, getting in the way, and downright dangerous nature of them in the past. No comparison.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:19 PM 12-17-2015
I'm seriously wanting to punt my phone.

Ok imgur. Upload. Bbcode but when I go to the url bbcode goes blank... Then man att paste hit upload invalid file
[Reply]
lewdog 09:20 PM 12-17-2015
I'm seriously wanting to punt my phone.

Ok imgur. Upload. Bbcode but when I go to the url bbcode goes blank... Then man att paste hit upload invalid file
Do you not have like a 12 year old child in the house that can show you this?!

Take that image code and just post it right in this thread. Do not try to upload it.

Looks like this below. Just post that in this typing spot.

[IMG] alkdfndalkdfndaklf adlk [/IMG]
[Reply]
New World Order 09:21 PM 12-17-2015
Originally Posted by hometeam:
I have a buddy here in jeff with a twin turbo 6.0 LQ motor.. INSANE car like 1500hp.

For years he ran nitrous nitrous nitrous, until he finally got talked into turbos and now he wont go back.

I would love to do it too, but I need to get this upcoming suspension upgrade done, and then take a look at the trans before I go bigger..

Damn. Could he keep the wheel straight?
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:21 PM 12-17-2015
:-)
[Reply]
hometeam 09:23 PM 12-17-2015
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Damn. Could he keep the wheel straight?
last year he had traction problems galore and was pissed off for running like a 9.1 :/

This year hes got new rear end and all kinds of shit in the works, plus parachute. Not sure what his ultimate goal to run is but im guessing the car goes deep in the 8s this year.

This is a street driven car btw.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:24 PM 12-17-2015

Take that image code and just post it right in this thread. Do not try to upload it.

Looks like this below. Just post that in this typing spot.

[IMG] alkdfndalkdfndaklf adlk [/IMG]
That's what I was doing wrong.

My truck when I dropped it off to get tinted. Never took an after pic I was so pissed I couldn't figure out how to post them
[Reply]
Page 120 of 366
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Up