ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 120 of 333
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:56 PM 05-15-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:
What a play by Garcia. Elite defense.

¡Qué jugada de Maikel García! #Royals | #ElExtrabase pic.twitter.com/sXbBeTJE3t

— El Extrabase ⚾️ (@ElExtrabase) May 16, 2023

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:57 PM 05-15-2023
Michael "Cy Young" Wacha's no hitter is gone
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:57 PM 05-15-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Michael "Cy Young" Wacha's no hitter is gone
He will always have 2013.
[Reply]
tk13 10:19 PM 05-15-2023
That's the most Royals thing yet this year. Lose the game when a fan runs out on the field but they call the final strike anyway.
[Reply]
SPchief 10:33 PM 05-15-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
He disappears pretty quickly when he doesn't get the responses he wants. Every single time.
He's gotta get to his 2nd job
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:37 PM 05-15-2023
Originally Posted by SPchief:
He's gotta get to his 2nd job
Lmao, he got fired from that though.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:47 AM 05-16-2023
Offense
2 hits
1bb
[Reply]
Mecca 08:36 AM 05-16-2023
Max Castillo was out there last night after throwing 80 pitches 2 days ago...I get that their thin in pitching but their bordering on ruining some careers if this pace continues.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:39 AM 05-16-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Max Castillo was out there last night after throwing 80 pitches 2 days ago...I get that their thin in pitching but their bordering on ruining some careers if this pace continues.
It's tough when everyone is getting shelled.

There were some positive early factors in the first few weeks, when Bubic had yet to reach the surgery threshold and Keller wasn't walking anyone willing to stand up there with a bat.

I thought when changes were announced and they didn't make a lot of moves on the pitching staff, that it made sense to evaluate some of the young guys and see what they had.

The answer has been worse than I expected. I thought Singer might take a step back, but not THIS. I figured Kowar would continue to be a bust. I thought Bubic might take a jump and was excited to see if someone could get more out of Keller and Lynch.

Unless Singer rights the ship and someone like Lynch takes off, they probably need to look at selling everything they can, other than guys they can extend long-term, and re-setting for a window that's further down the road than you would have hoped.

It's ... not fun.

On the farm, Alec Marsh and Anthony Veneziano are at AA and performing nicely (major turnarounds for each), but there's not really anyone at Omaha that is going to help. Lynch is there and starting to build up pitch counts, but he hasn't lit the place on fire.

You have to get to High-A (Noah Cameron, Luinder Avila, Mason Barnett) and A (Mozzicato, David Sandlin, and Shane Panzini) to find starter-level arms that are performing well enough to think they can be big-league starters/contributors.

They do seem to have jump-started the development of some of these youngers, less-polished guys, which is nice to see. But there's not a whole lot down there and there certainly isn't a pitcher with a #1 profile/potential or a hitter with "best hitter in good lineup" upside.

Mozzicato has settled in with his command and his K rate is through the roof... but his velocity is still sitting low 90s. Unless he finds the velo jump the scouting group was certain would come as he filled out/grew up, I don't see more than a back-end starter at the majors (lefty with good breakers that sits 91-92 is that type of profile). Avila, Cameron, and Sandlin have bigger arms/more velocity and so offer a little more upside, but they're more 2-3 types at max outcome.

So... if it's me? These guys are shipping out this year for the best thing I can get for them:

Chapman
Barlow
Nicky Lopez

And I'd consider offers on anyone I can't extend long-term. Really trying to get that done with Vinnie. And Witt, too, while his value isn't quite what it will become. I'm also enough of a believer in Maikel Garcia to pull the trigger there.

I'd probably be looking to either move Witt to CF after this year, and roll with Garcia at SS. Mostly because watching Witt track pop-ups and shallow flies really makes me confident he could be an elite glove in CF.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:14 AM 05-16-2023

Here's a look at last week's #RoyalsPD standouts as selected by our first-rate broadcasters!#RaisingRoyals pic.twitter.com/IBYoxPGt32

— Raising Royals (@KCRoyalsPD) May 16, 2023

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:44 AM 05-16-2023
Kowar 20ip 19bb 8.00 era :-)

Kudrna struggling. But these two bats:

Cross: 122ab 2HR 10bb 45k .180 (he is -0.3 younger than avg A ball level age)
Erick Peña: 88ab 5hr 54k (!) .159avg

Peña has struck out 54/88ab. That has to be a misprint. He hit .150 the last two years and is tracking again. He’s only 1 year below avg age at A ball.

Cannot find any stats for Seuly Matias
[Reply]
Mecca 10:46 AM 05-16-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

Peña has struck out 54/88ab. That has to be a misprint. He hit .150 the last two years and is tracking again. He’s only 1 year below avg age at A ball.

The Royals have drafted like shit for years man, this team is gonna suck for a long while.

They also didn't overhaul the front office so there's really no guarantee it's any better.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 11:02 AM 05-16-2023
Last night's game was embarrassing.

I made a comment that if the royals got no-hit by Wacha, it should have an asterisk by it like the dodgers covid-season championship.

This is not a major league line up.

That said, people were probably saying the same thing the year the Astros played all the young guys......but you HAVE to hit on some pitchers here and there.

Who was the last home-grown royal pitcher to pan out as a reliable #1 or #2 starter?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:04 AM 05-16-2023
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Last night's game was embarrassing.

I made a comment that if the royals got no-hit by Wacha, it should have an asterisk by it like the dodgers covid-season championship.

This is not a major league line up.

That said, people were probably saying the same thing the year the Astros played all the young guys......but you HAVE to hit on some pitchers here and there.

Who was the last home-grown royal pitcher to pan out as a reliable #1 or #2 starter?
The Astros tanked on purpose the only guy on that entire team that was part of a winner was Altuve, the Royals seem to think like 8 or 9 of these guys should be part of a winner...that's a red flag.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:04 AM 05-16-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

Royals haven’t found any talent in Latin America in over a decade.
[Reply]
Page 120 of 333
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Up