ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Kendrick vs Drake
ToxSocks 09:50 AM 05-06-2024
Has anyone else been following this? I started paying attention when Kendrick Lamar dropped a diss verse on Drake in Future's new album, "We don't trust you".

There's been a flurry of rappers dropping diss tracks against Drake these past few weeks which include Kendrick Lamar, Future, Metro Boomin, Rick Ross, A$AP Rocky etc.

But this Kendrick vs Drake thing has been one of the most entertaining things in hip-hop in a long time. These dudes are getting real, real personal. Haven't seen something like this since pac vs biggie and even that wasn't this drawn out and personal. These guys are trying to end each other's careers. Pedo accusations, molestation accusations, accusations of hidden children...shit is wild.

I'll do my best to list the tracks and the subsequent reaction tracks in chronological order, focusing on Drake vs Kendrick:

[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:07 AM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Haha so you admit it was Mr Morale you were trying to talk about. That should seal the fact that you’re either trolling or musically reeruned. Sorry, I forgot you’re an old man so you think sold CD’s are what most people are going off of now. Most people are streaming music now. That’s why the album “with no legs” was the top streamed album on Spotify in 2022. You’re trying to argue semantics to make it seem like it didn’t do numbers for some reason.
I never tried to hide the fact that I was talking about Mr Morale..

Gotta do some research, my boy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Album-equivalent_unit

We’ve been in the streaming era for like a decade now. The methodology for album sales accounts for single song downloads and streams. The formula is 1 album sale = 10 song downloads = 1,500 streams.

I’m not sure why you think that would help your case anyway. Are we supposed to believe Future and Gunna fans are out there buying physical copies but Kendrick fans aren’t? Lol. What a laughable assertion and exactly the kind of embarrassing coping mechanism I’d expect from a Kendrick Stan.

Originally Posted by :
Kendrick hasn’t ever had a flop.
Demonstrably false.

Originally Posted by :
Look at the comment on the first tweet you posted. It’s literally at the bottom talking about how fucking impressive it is for Kendrick to have GKMC in the top 10 a decade later. When’s the last time Aubrey had an albums with that many “legs”?
Ummm, literally right now lol..

Rap albums getting the MOST daily streams at the start of 2024 ��‼️

9.8m - For All The Dogs
8.8m - UTOPIA
7.5m - Pink Friday 2
6.9m - Heroes & Villains
6.5m - Scarlet
4.9m - Graduation
4.0m - The Eminem Show
4.0m - ASTROWORLD
3.8m - Goodbye & Good Riddance
3.5m - DAMN.
3.4m -…

— Hip Hop All Day (@HipHopAllDayy) January 4, 2024

For those who don’t know what they’re looking at, this is a list of rap albums getting the most streams as of 1/6/2024. Notice the album titled Take Care. It was dropped by Drake in 2011. It’s a full year older than Good Kid MAAD City and out streaming it to this day. Additionally, Drake has SIX of the most streamed rap albums on this list of 25. Kendrick has two.

Don’t do that, by the way. I haven’t even compared Kendrick’s numbers to Drake’s because this debate is only interesting if you don’t. You don’t want to compare numbers between the two. Then it just becomes a slaughterhouse.

Originally Posted by :
The trolling is getting old. You realize you’re the only one making these arguments in this thread for a reason right? I don’t have time to explain why lyrics and being thought out is important to making a hip hop album anymore. It’s obvious you’re an Aubrey dick rider who listens to radio pop over hip hop. It’s like talking rock and roll with a ****ing Swifty at this point.
Says the tourist who cited Grammys in a hip hop debate.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:13 AM 05-08-2024
This man talking about streams as if that would help Kendrick’s case over Drake lol

Drake has now surpassed 98 BILLION streams on Spotify across all credits ����

He is the most streamed artist of all time and has more than DOUBLE the streams of the next closest rapper. pic.twitter.com/Lao394N5Je

— Hip Hop All Day (@HipHopAllDayy) May 8, 2024

[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:15 AM 05-08-2024
Here’s another Tweet reinforcing my claim that Mr Morale simply didn’t have legs.

Crazy how Mr. Morale & Her Loss both started with 350k in sales projections but ended up having a 100k difference in actual units ��

Replay value is a real thing. pic.twitter.com/iN8mwWxvuH

— Clyde Cyrus (@ClydeCloutGod) November 12, 2022

Any objective party would agree. The numbers don’t lie.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:19 AM 05-08-2024
Might as well drop this one here while I’m at it. Stumbled across this one while I was looking for the others.

This one shows the top 21 most streamed rap albums of all-time on Spotify. Drake has five albums represented. Kendrick has two.

Most streamed rap albums of all time on Spotify ����

10.6b - ?
10.0b - Scorpion
9.5b - Views
8.9b - Goodbye & Good Riddance
8.7b - ASTROWORLD
8.3b - 17
7.9b - DAMN.
7.7b - SFTSAFTM (Pop Smoke)
7.0b - More Life
6.8b - The Eminem Show
6.2b - Legends Never Die
5.9b - Luv Is Rage 2…

— Hip Hop All Day (@HipHopAllDayy) April 21, 2024

On a related note, look at Graduation and Eminem Show. I saw Get Rich or Die Trying on another list somewhere too. That one probably juuust missed the cut here. 20+ year old albums, still going strong.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:19 AM 05-08-2024
So you’re essentially just arguing that Pop is better than hip hop?! Take Care was probably Drakes last good album. I’ll give him that one. It’s like Kendrick said “I like Drake with the melodies, I don’t like Drake when he act tough” Aubrey would be better off getting back in his lane and making pop club music again. Him trying to step into the hip hop world is obviously not working. As you’re seeing by the current numbers these diss records are producing. I like that Aubrey got Kendrick to make a summer banger with the Not Like Us record. Looks like that’s definitely going to debut as a #1 song. Less than a month after Taylor Swift dropped an album too. Shits crazy for an actual hip hop artist.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:52 AM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
So you’re essentially just arguing that Pop is better than hip hop?! Take Care was probably Drakes last good album. I’ll give him that one. It’s like Kendrick said “I like Drake with the melodies, I don’t like Drake when he act tough” Aubrey would be better off getting back in his lane and making pop club music again. Him trying to step into the hip hop world is obviously not working. As you’re seeing by the current numbers these diss records are producing. I like that Aubrey got Kendrick to make a summer banger with the Not Like Us record. Looks like that’s definitely going to debut as a #1 song. Less than a month after Taylor Swift dropped an album too. Shits crazy for an actual hip hop artist.
You’re reaching. Drake is not a pop artist and doesn’t make pop music. His music has consistently had heavy R&B and hip hop influence. He just does pop numbers.

Your boy Dot should be thanking Drake for the stimulus. It’s clear as day that Kendrick is clout chasing. He’s running these numbers because of Drake.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:55 AM 05-08-2024

.@kendricklamar's "Not Like Us" breaks the all-time record for biggest single day streams of a hip-hop song in US Spotify history, passing @Drake and @lilbaby4PF's "Girls Want Girls" (6.593 million). pic.twitter.com/YLN6KHSPcz

— chart data (@chartdata) May 7, 2024

Crazy that he didn’t have to rely on another top 5 streaming artist to boost his numbers either…you know…like a clout chaser would do.

Biggest streaming days for rap songs on Spotify in 2024 ����

9.2m - Euphoria
7.8m - Not Like Us
7.4m - Like That
6.8m - CARNIVAL
6.0m - Type Sh*t
5.6m - Push Ups
5.3m - We Don’t Trust You
5.2m - Lovin On Me
4.8m - Cinderella
4.6m - Young Metro
4.6m - FUK SUMN
4.5m - STARS
4.4m -…

— Hip Hop All Day (@HipHopAllDayy) May 6, 2024

“Fuck the big 3. It’s just big me” -Kendrick
[Reply]
wutamess 09:51 AM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Kendricks catalogue blows Drakes out of the water
Hyperbole maybe?
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 11:01 AM 05-10-2024

Drake hearing ****as yell Ov Hoe in his own city pic.twitter.com/F9dajf9Ad9

— Stoners Guide 2 The Gaming Universe (@SG2GU) May 8, 2024

Aubrey’s line in Push Ups “Get more love in the city that you from” has literally been flipped around on him. :-):-):-)

Also, why the fuck is the Game writing diss records on Rick Ross now? Talk about clout chasing a moment. Rick Ross? Is there a bigger disappointment than what the Game has ended up becoming?
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:17 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You’re reaching. Drake is not a pop artist and doesn’t make pop music. His music has consistently had heavy R&B and hip hop influence. He just does pop numbers.

Your boy Dot should be thanking Drake for the stimulus. It’s clear as day that Kendrick is clout chasing. He’s running these numbers because of Drake.
damn you’re just as retarded in this aspect as in football
[Reply]
staylor26 12:35 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Holy shit :-)

This makes so much sense though :-)
[Reply]
ThrobProng 12:48 PM 05-10-2024
As a person whose interest in rap peaked in the late 80s-early 90s, I can't believe Drake is taken seriously. A Canadian who acts like Carlton from Fresh Prince? He would've been torn apart by his peers in a previous era. Lol
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 12:56 PM 05-10-2024
Does anyone know what Ask Jeeves says about this?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:52 PM 05-10-2024
The fact that you turds haven't made your CP argument into dis tracks is just sad.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 01:53 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
The fact that you turds haven't made your CP argument into dis tracks is just sad.
Picking on Carlton fans is too easy.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Up