ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 80
« First < 289101112 131415162262 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes Injury Updates Thread
Chiefspants 04:51 PM 01-21-2023
Figured it would be more ideal to give this its own thread than the Jaguars gamethread.

Unspoiler to see the first two updates

Spoiler!

UPDATE 3: Courtesy of King - High Ankle Sprain Confirmed

MRI today confirmed that Chiefs’ QB Patrick Mahomes suffered a high ankle sprain during Saturday’s win over the Jaguars, per league source. “Nothing more than that,” said one source, and Mahomes has said he plans to play in next Sunday’s AFC Championship Game.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 22, 2023

UPDATE 4: Got asked to add this report from Arrowhead Pride to the OP: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/...chiefs-presser
[Reply]
philfree 12:06 PM 01-22-2023
Playing basketball and baseball along with football all through his life I'm going to say that Mahomes has sprained his ankle many a time and he knows how to deal with it and play on it. He good!
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:09 PM 01-22-2023
I was hoping it wasn't high ankle, but it is what it is.

I haven't been on much, so I don't know if it's been posted a million times, if it has, forgive me.

I love Mahomes. End.

HOWEVER. It's important to save him from himself at times. Dude could be out there with a bullet wound. I think he'll play and he'll be fine. But I'd happily forfeit the rest of the year to not jeopardize the next 10.
[Reply]
TribalElder 12:12 PM 01-22-2023

MRI today confirmed that Chiefs’ QB Patrick Mahomes suffered a high ankle sprain during Saturday’s win over the Jaguars, per league source. “Nothing more than that,” said one source, and Mahomes has said he plans to play in next Sunday’s AFC Championship Game.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 22, 2023

[Reply]
irafreak 12:12 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I was hoping it wasn't high ankle, but it is what it is.

I haven't been on much, so I don't know if it's been posted a million times, if it has, forgive me.

I love Mahomes. End.

HOWEVER. It's important to save him from himself at times. Dude could be out there with a bullet wound. I think he'll play and he'll be fine. But I'd happily forfeit the rest of the year to not jeopardize the next 10.
I know Andy agrees but it was still nice to see him send mahomes to the locker room in the middle of a playoff game. After watching Tua and Herbert get injured and rushed back, I'm glad andy is a big picture guy.
[Reply]
SupDock 12:14 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Wish they would provide the grade, but understand why they don’t.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:16 PM 01-22-2023
Unfortunately, this probably will take away what often has been the difference in close games: Mahomes’ ability to scramble for big chunks of yards, first downs and TDs in key situations.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:17 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Unfortunately, this probably will take away what often has been the difference in close games: Mahomes’ ability to scramble for big chunks of yards, first downs and TDs in key situations.
That's the biggest concern
[Reply]
FlaChief58 12:19 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
That's the biggest concern
If they just get some of that magic spray they use in soccer, he'll be 100%
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:20 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
I'm more worried about him dodging would be sacks, he's the best at it and our tackles demand it.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:39 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
I'm more worried about him dodging would be sacks, he's the best at it and our tackles demand it.
The funny thing is Jaguar writers and fan are FURIOUS at their pass rush. They got literally zero pressure tye entire 2nd half on Mahomes.
[Reply]
Spott 12:40 PM 01-22-2023
The funny thing is Jaguar writers and fan are FURIOUS at their pass rush. They got literally zero pressure tye entire 2nd half on Mahomes.
All 5 of them are probably really mad today.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:43 PM 01-22-2023
Line definitely manned up in the 2nd half, I just don't think you can count on that. I'm happy Von Miller won't be playing next week.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:45 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Spott:
Yup. Basicly no fan base outside of Jax itself.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:45 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Spott:
If you notice I said fan not fans :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:46 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Bet he's not feeling as good today
[Reply]
Page 12 of 80
« First < 289101112 131415162262 > Last »
Up