ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 18
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I'll say it; Mike Vrabel is a huge liability on this defense
steelyeyed57 06:11 PM 12-12-2010
He routinely fails to set the edge on outside contain. He routinely fails to get near the QB on his blitzes. He is routinely beaten in pass coverage. Today, in particular, he had crucial missed tackles.
I realize he has a lot of knowledge and leadership, but his dwindling athleticism is negating whatever intangibles he brings to the table.
[Reply]
Hootie 03:37 PM 12-14-2010
P.S. DaneMcDumbass is the same guy who thinks Gannon makes millions of dollars per year calling games on CBS LOL
[Reply]
jd1020 03:38 PM 12-14-2010
Whats with this $20mil benchmark for being able to live comfortably for the rest of your life? Thats ridiculous.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:54 PM 12-14-2010
Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon:
P.S. DaneMcDumbass is the same guy who thinks Gannon makes millions of dollars per year calling games on CBS LOL
This is from 1998.
http://www.onlinesports.com/sportstrust/sports45.html
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:01 PM 12-14-2010
How does he make, Hootie? Are you familiar, at all, with broadcaster's salaries?

Many of our local Los Angeles broadcasters make in excess of $2 million per year.

Are you claiming that an NFL broadcaster makes far less? If so, you'd be wrong.

As usual.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:06 PM 12-14-2010
Originally Posted by milkman:
I think your point has merit, though I think it's a bit off base.

Salaries have really escalated over the last 20 to 30 years, so I'd think you'd be hard pressed to find more than a handful of players that earned in excess of 50 mil before '90, and more than a handful that earned in excess of 20 mil before '80.
The point of $50 million was initially what Trent Green earned for playing in the NFL. Vrabel's made a minimum of $7 million in the final two years of his career. He's been in the NFL since 1996 and I think it's fairly safe to say that he's earned on average at least $2 million per season, if not far more, which is why I later added the caveat of $20 million dollars.

The bottom line is that when you're earned that kind of money as a player, your post playing days aren't limited to coaching in the NFL as your livelihood.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:15 PM 12-14-2010
so is that why NBA players like Larry Bird and Isiah Thomas went into coaching? They needed the money?
First off, we're talking about the NFL, not the NBA.

The NBA doesn't require the coaching staff to work 80 hours a week to prepare for a game. The coaches aren't required work full time during the offseason and even though they play more games, the work load is FAR lighter in the NBA.

I agree that a guy like Vrabel probably wouldn't take a shitty 100K a year assistant coaching job which required 100 hours of work a week...

but it doesn't mean it couldn't happen...

some people just love the game
The fact of the matter is that it HAS NEVER HAPPENED. So your entire post is once again, BASELESS SPECULATION.

JFC, Hootie.

:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:29 AM 12-15-2010

Where are you at, NostraDrunkAss?

Where's your evidence to the contrary?

You're just a 25 year old pizza boy that doesn't know jackshit.

Good luck with that.
[Reply]
Hootie 12:43 AM 12-15-2010
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Where are you at, NostraDrunkAss?

Where's your evidence to the contrary?

You're just a 25 year old pizza boy that doesn't know jackshit.

Good luck with that.
I would be shocked if he made even close to that much...

but hey, I can play too

WHERE IS YOUR EVIDENCE TO MAKE SUCH A CLAIM?

HUH?

HUH?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:26 AM 12-15-2010
I would be shocked if he made even close to that much...

but hey, I can play too

WHERE IS YOUR EVIDENCE TO MAKE SUCH A CLAIM?

HUH?

HUH?
You're a fucking dumbass.

You DO realize that I work in this business, right?

You DO realize that you're a fucking pizza boy in Illinois that doesn't understand or know jackfuckingshit about the real world, right?

For as many posts about the Hollywood entertainment business that I've had over the past 11 years that have turned out to be absolutely, unequivocally on the money, why would you even consider arguing with me?

Oh, that's right: You're NostraDrunkAss. Impervious to facts because you live in a house with four other guys and pay $400 a month to live.

Someday, you'll grow up. Well, hopefully.
[Reply]
Hootie 01:43 AM 12-15-2010
You're a ****ing dumbass.

You DO realize that you're a ****ing pizza boy in Illinois that doesn't understand or know jack****ingshit about the real world, right?

For as many posts about the Hollywood entertainment business that I've had over the past 11 years that have turned out to be absolutely, unequivocally on the money, why would you even consider arguing with me?

Oh, that's right: You're NostraDrunkAss. Impervious to facts because you live in a house with four other guys and pay $400 a month to live.

show me a link where a guy like Gannon (not even a lead color guy on CBS) makes $2M a year...

please

please

do it and I'll forever bow to you Mr. McCloud...

give me a link that shows me a guy like Gannon makes $2M
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:50 AM 12-15-2010
show me a link where a guy like Gannon (not even a lead color guy on CBS) makes $2M a year...

please

please

do it and I'll forever bow to you Mr. McCloud...

give me a link that shows me a guy like Gannon makes $2M
There is no "link" because those salaries aren't disclosed.

But Madden was making $8 million a year back in 1994. As I stated earlier, local new broadcasters in Los Angeles make $2 million or more per year for LOCAL NEWS.

The networks have paid $500 million dollars per year (minimum) to broadcast the NFL. Are you somehow under that assumption that they're paying their broadcasters peanuts?

:-)

You really are naive.

And you truly don't understand real money.
[Reply]
Hootie 02:14 AM 12-15-2010
well local pizza boys around here make $300 trillion per year so you don't understand real money.

You really are naive.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:06 AM 12-15-2010
This was 12 years ago.

http://www.onlinesports.com/sportstrust/sports45.html

Originally Posted by :
  • Fox sportscaster James Brown receives approximately $1 million a year. (12)
  • Former NFL quarterback Joe Theismann gets $1 million a year from ESPN to serve as color commentator and studio analyst. (13)
  • Keith Olbermann (who was an anchor on ESPN's "SportsCenter" before taking a non-sports job at MSNBC) was recently hired by Fox to host a nightly sports news show. He will be paid approximately $1 million a year. (14)
  • Former NFL player Cris Collinsworth signed a five-year, $1 million a year contract with Fox as a part of the "NFL Sunday" pregame show. Previously he had been an analyst at NBC. (15)
  • Fox sportscaster Pat Summerall reportedly receives $1.5 million a year. (16)
  • NBC reportedly offered sportscaster Hannah Storm $1.5 million a year in 1996 to lure her away from CNN. (17)
  • Former NFL quarterback Boomer Esiason receives approximately $1.6 million as year as a football analyst year for ABC. (18)
  • Sportscaster Greg Gumble changed from NBC to CBS in a five-year deal which averages $1.75 million a year. (19)
  • Former NFL quarterback Terry Bradshaw will receive $11 million over five years as a Fox studio co-host. (20)
  • CBS sportscaster Jim Nantz receives approximately $2.5 million a year. (21)
  • Sportscaster Bob Costas was reportedly receiving $2.3 million a year from NBC in 1993. His contract has since been extended until 2002 for an undisclosed amount. (22)
  • Former NFL coach John Madden receives between $6.5 million and $8.5 million a year as a football analyst for Fox. (23)

[Reply]
DTLB58 08:38 AM 12-15-2010
I think this was said last year to.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:05 AM 12-15-2010
You're a ****ing dumbass.

You DO realize that you're a ****ing pizza boy in Illinois that doesn't understand or know jack****ingshit about the real world, right?

You work in what business?
[Reply]
Page 12 of 18
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up