ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Pellet Grills
Buehler445 10:13 AM 05-08-2019
My old LP grill is to the point where it needs parts or needs to go. The wife is thinking a pellet grill might be better for her to use.

I thought there was a thread on here about them, but the one I could dig up is over a decade old.

What are you guys running these days? Pros/Cons?

I don't know much about anything except Traegers and people I know have had trouble with them.

I'd PROBABLY be leaving it outside so I'd need a cover for it.
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:16 AM 06-20-2024
Originally Posted by JimNasium;17557792[IMG:
https://www.yodersmokers.com/accessories/yoder-smokers-accessories/wood-fired-pizza-oven/[/IMG]]Yep! And the add on pizza oven is one hell of a versatile tool.
Oooooh. I didn’t know that was an option. Just looked it up and saw they are about $450. Not bad. Thanks for the heads up! :-)

Edit: here’s a link in case other people are interested.
https://www.yodersmokers.com/accesso...ed-pizza-oven/
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:00 AM 06-20-2024
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
My Yoder YS640 is awesome, and idiot proof :-). It’s super consistent with the smoke and temp. I love it.
Agree with this. I love my Big Green Egg as well but the yoder is so darn easy to use
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:40 AM 06-20-2024
Originally Posted by Delano:
What do you mean a smoke stack? Is that an accessory? I usually use a smoke tube topped off with hardwood chips that’ll add extra smoke during that first hour or so.
Mine is like the one in this link and for smoking it is way better than one's without.

https://www.acehardware.com/departme...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
[Reply]
Lzen 10:28 AM 06-20-2024
Since everyone is in here talking about pellet grills, I have a question. Does anyone know of a good wireless probe? I had a decent one for years but it finally died. The ones I have been getting on Amazon are typically junk. I'm done with made in China crap.

Do you know of any that have multiple probes and that are accurate? The last one I had (Inkbird) the probes went bad and the ones you can buy to replace them are just as crappy. I just want a wireless temp probe that is accurate and won't break the bank.
[Reply]
srvy 10:48 AM 06-20-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Since everyone is in here talking about pellet grills, I have a question. Does anyone know of a good wireless probe? I had a decent one for years but it finally died. The ones I have been getting on Amazon are typically junk. I'm done with made in China crap.

Do you know of any that have multiple probes and that are accurate? The last one I had (Inkbird) the probes went bad and the ones you can buy to replace them are just as crappy. I just want a wireless temp probe that is accurate and won't break the bank.
https://www.amazon.com/Maverick-Remo...8901694&sr=8-8

I have older versions of the Maverick like this. It's always been bulletproof and accurate. It's on the money with my thermapen. They have more expensive models that work with an app now if you like. Home Depo used to sell these in store maybe still do.
[Reply]
vonBobo 10:50 AM 06-20-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:

I went with Thermoworks Smoke X.
https://www.thermoworks.com/smoke-x/
I had been using their Thermapen for years and loved it until someone threw it into the sink and soaked it with the dishes. Like you I went to Amazon and brought in a few different cheaper models to replace the thermapen thinking I would just make do with lesser quality. I was wrong, they were all trash and I decided that the extra cost for the thermapen really was worth it. My replacement thermapen is an updated model and is even better than the one I loved (including extra gaskets around the seals, I bet this would survive a small rain shower no problem). I'm now thermoworks for life.

So when it came time to buy a multiprobe my only choice was the smoke x and I have been pleased enough with it. The programming is not simple but it is feature rich and after a couple of smokes it became less cumbersome.
The screens are small with small text so the visual impaired might struggle.However I do appreciate the small form factor.
If this unit gets soaked or broken I won't think twice about buying it again.
[Reply]
srvy 10:55 AM 06-20-2024
My Recteq 700 bull I have been very pleased with as for a pellet smoker. I kept using my stick burner for Brisket till I trusted it. Its wonderful I can confidently put a brisket or pork butt in before bed and have it set for a desired internal temp and its app will chime my phone when it reaches the desired.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:25 AM 06-20-2024
Originally Posted by vonBobo:
I went with Thermoworks Smoke X.
https://www.thermoworks.com/smoke-x/
I had been using their Thermapen for years and loved it until someone threw it into the sink and soaked it with the dishes. Like you I went to Amazon and brought in a few different cheaper models to replace the thermapen thinking I would just make do with lesser quality. I was wrong, they were all trash and I decided that the extra cost for the thermapen really was worth it. My replacement thermapen is an updated model and is even better than the one I loved (including extra gaskets around the seals, I bet this would survive a small rain shower no problem). I'm now thermoworks for life.

So when it came time to buy a multiprobe my only choice was the smoke x and I have been pleased enough with it. The programming is not simple but it is feature rich and after a couple of smokes it became less cumbersome.
The screens are small with small text so the visual impaired might struggle.However I do appreciate the small form factor.
If this unit gets soaked or broken I won't think twice about buying it again.
I just have the smoke. No fancy WiFi but it’s good and reliable.

I’m sure there are cheaper options but I don’t fuck around. Thermoworks gets my vote.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 11:28 AM 06-20-2024
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Bump

We are looking at a smoker. We dont need something large, it is just the two of us, once in a while 4.

I would like a wood pellet smoker.
Looking at this
https://www.amazon.com/PIT-BOSS-1069...04&sr=8-5&th=1

price is good. Anything else I should be looking at? Thank you.

That is way too small. Even for 2 people. That is more suited for someone in an apartment. The top grate on it is useless.

You could move ups to slightly bigger smoker and be much happier over the long run. Lone Star, Yoder all make a damn good pellet smokers. But probably way more than you would want to spend.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:39 AM 06-20-2024
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
That is way too small. Even for 2 people. That is more suited for someone in an apartment. The top grate on it is useless.

You could move ups to slightly bigger smoker and be much happier over the long run. Lone Star, Yoder all make a damn good pellet smokers. But probably way more than you would want to spend.
I tend to agree, that's why this puppy seems just about perfect for a house of "usually" two.

[Reply]
Lzen 12:37 PM 06-20-2024
Thanks for the suggestions. I looked at the Maverick store but it even has comments where people say it failed after a few uses.

I went with the Smoke X. That's a little more than I wanted to spend but if it lasts for years then I'll have no problem with that cost. It has a 2 year warranty. Probes are 6 month.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 01:44 PM 06-20-2024
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I tend to agree, that's why this puppy seems just about perfect for a house of "usually" two.

I would say that is too small as well. RecTeq, Camp Chef, Pit Boss are all going to be about the same. I'd probably lean Camp Chef but, throw them up and catch one. He may need to at least double his budget to get something more worthwhile though.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:20 PM 06-20-2024
I just ordered the ninja woodsmoke 7 in 1 pellet grill . Can't wait. Total electric, throw in a handfull of pellets and you get all the good smoke flavor
[Reply]
2bikemike 04:59 PM 06-20-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
My Recteq 700 bull I have been very pleased with as for a pellet smoker. I kept using my stick burner for Brisket till I trusted it. Its wonderful I can confidently put a brisket or pork butt in before bed and have it set for a desired internal temp and its app will chime my phone when it reaches the desired.
I love mine as well, The only bummer is you have to be at the smoker to start it now. No more starting it up from my truck or boat!
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:22 PM 06-20-2024
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I just ordered the ninja woodsmoke 7 in 1 pellet grill . Can't wait. Total electric, throw in a handfull of pellets and you get all the good smoke flavor
can you give me a link on your model?
[Reply]
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Up