ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 119 of 297
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169219 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official EMAW Repository thread***
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 11-15-2009
I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:59 AM 02-15-2010
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
We crushed them. They suck.
Really. Hmm. They have a decent conference record and they have laid the smack down on a few teams.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 11:13 AM 02-15-2010
#7 in the AP. Right behind sister school Duke.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:15 AM 02-15-2010
Highest ranking since 1962.
:-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:16 AM 02-15-2010
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Really. Hmm. They have a decent conference record and they have laid the smack down on a few teams.
I haven't seen them play either... looking at their schedule, it looks like they're finding ways to win, but haven't really laid the smack down on anyone. They lost @KSU by 20, @Texas, and @OKST. They beat OU by 3, Colorado by 4, @MU by 3, Baylor by 7... and for the season their scoring margin is +8.

OTOH, they're 13th in the RPI and haven't lost a home game since last February when they played KSU (keeping this post relevant to the thread), so I'm curious to see if they live up to the hype.... and of course, A++++ tonight, with a possible court storm.
[Reply]
Old Dog 11:36 AM 02-15-2010
#7 in Coaches poll as well
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:42 AM 02-15-2010
Thought I'd post this over here as well. Current bracketology.....

KSU #2 seed in the South with UK as the #1 seed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

What are your thoughts on the possible KSU/UK matchup?
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 11:43 AM 02-15-2010
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
What are your thoughts on the possible KSU/UK matchup?
According to that bracket, I wouldn't ponder that match up until we defeated Wisconsin.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:45 AM 02-15-2010
According to that bracket, I wouldn't ponder that match up until we defeated Wisconsin.

I understand there are other games to win first - was curious of how KSU matched up with UK.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 11:49 AM 02-15-2010
I understand there are other games to win first - was curious of how KSU matched up with UK.
Depends on how Curtis Kelly plays.
[Reply]
58kcfan89 12:12 PM 02-15-2010
That bracket has K-State as the #2 in the South and UK in the Midwest as the #1.... I'm just saying... I'd love to play in the Midwest bracket so the two teams have a chance to meet, but whatever. If they're playing in OKC for the first 2 rounds, I'd definitely think about going.

As far as the matchup goes, I'd love to see the 2 teams match up on a neutral site in the Elite 8 (or heaven forbid, the Final 4). I'm sure Pullen would love a shot to knock Sherron out of the tournament (the same way Denis would probably like to knock out Morningstar) and you gotta think both teams would be at the top of their game. Hopefully the Cats could get some revenge for the last time the 2 teams played in the EE....

Gawd, if you had asked me 3 months ago about the tournament, I would have been happy to get in....
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:15 PM 02-15-2010
Originally Posted by 58kcfan89:
That bracket has K-State as the #2 in the South and UK in the Midwest as the #1.... I'm just saying... I'd love to play in the Midwest bracket so the two teams have a chance to meet, but whatever. If they're playing in OKC for the first 2 rounds, I'd definitely think about going.

As far as the matchup goes, I'd love to see the 2 teams match up on a neutral site in the Elite 8 (or heaven forbid, the Final 4). I'm sure Pullen would love a shot to knock Sherron out of the tournament (the same way Denis would probably like to knock out Morningstar) and you gotta think both teams would be at the top of their game. Hopefully the Cats could get some revenge for the last time the 2 teams played in the EE....

Gawd, if you had asked me 3 months ago about the tournament, I would have been happy to get in....

Kentucky is listed as the #1 seed in the South (Houston) on that bracket - in Milwaukee. KSU is the #2 seed. KU is listed as the #1 seed in the Midwest.
[Reply]
kstater 01:24 PM 02-15-2010
I'd be worried about Northern Iowa before Wisconsin.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:56 PM 02-15-2010
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
This

Can we go 12-4 to finish out the B12 slate and 2-1 in the B12 Tourny (27-6)? Sure. But that still reeks of a low #2 seed - which would be the best seed ever for the Cats.

To get a #1 seed, we would have to beat ku in Larryville, and probably win the B12 Tourny - in other words, go undefeated the remainder of the season.
Well, sure its worth thinking about. I admitted it was a pipe dream, but its not completely out of the realm of thought, hence my bringing it up.

If teams ahead of us continue to drop games to guys like Louisville at home and Rutgers, I think it opens the window a little wider. I do think at this point we own a two seed and control our destiny with it. And don't concede the KU game so damn easily! I don't think we pull it out either, but I'm giving us a shot to upset.
[Reply]
58kcfan89 03:13 PM 02-15-2010
Kentucky is listed as the #1 seed in the South (Houston) on that bracket - in Milwaukee. KSU is the #2 seed. KU is listed as the #1 seed in the Midwest.
Dammit, when I read the original post, I read "UK" as "University of Kansas," not Kentucky. My bad.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 03:21 PM 02-15-2010
Originally Posted by 58kcfan89:
Dammit, when I read the original post, I read "UK" as "University of Kansas," not Kentucky. My bad.

I figured that's what happened when you started talking about Sherron.
[Reply]
Page 119 of 297
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169219 > Last »
Up