ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 119 of 270
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169219 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:10 AM 03-22-2023
Tom Pellisero just said on GMFB that Hopkins doesn't have to be the highest-paid WR but he will expect to be near the top-paid WR.
That means he will need to be in that $25 to $27 Million AAV range.
I cannot imagine us doing anything like that.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:14 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
If this draft was held anywhere but KC I'd have zero problem with trading out ot the first. With that said...

"Kansas City is now on the Clock" IN KC is just too good.
No, it really isn't.

That first round pick is transactional. Use it the best way possible to make the team better.

If that means trading into the high 30s to get an extra pick you can use to upgrade 63, cool.

If that means trading it for a player, cool.

If that means trading it for future picks, cool.

Saying "we have to make a pick in the first because we're hosting the draft" is the type of stuff bad organizations do.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:16 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Tom Pellisero just said on GMFB that Hopkins doesn't have to be the highest-paid WR but he will expect to be near the top-paid WR.
I have zero issues with that.....as long it's another team paying it after this contract ends.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:17 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I have zero issues with that.....as long it's another team paying it after this contract ends.
LOL sure. That is not how this is all going to work though. He wants a new deal with guaranteed money is what this amounts to.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:19 AM 03-22-2023
lol no we just got rid of one WR who just wanted money, why would we go with another one with half the talent and production? He's coming off his worst season in 2021 followed by his second worst season last year with a 4 game PED suspension on top of that. His stock isn't very high right now and we're trying to give him a boost to the end of his career. Take the JuJu route Hop.
[Reply]
O.city 07:22 AM 03-22-2023
Yeah, noooo thanks man. Good luck with your career playing in New England.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:26 AM 03-22-2023
ESPN:

"Possible deal: Traded to the Panthers. In this deal, the Panthers would send the No. 93 selection to the Cardinals, who would pick up $10 million of Hopkins' $19.5 million base salary in 2023. Carolina would also guarantee Hopkins' $14.9 million salary for 2024, putting it on the hook for two years and $24.4 million."

I think we'd happily pay the same, that's only $2m more than we're paying MVS.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:33 AM 03-22-2023
Yeah and how long was it reported that Odell wants $20 million a season? I’ll believe that number for Hopkins when someone other team trades for him and pays it. Sounds to me like that’s something he wants if he goes back a shitty team.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:37 AM 03-22-2023
Coming off a PED suspension and injury in his early 30s? Sure thing, D-Hop.

If this is even remotely true they are clearly not even in on discussions and are probably focusing on OBJ, if anyone. You would think he'd be more interested in a ring but hey, money while losing is nice too, I guess.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:39 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
ESPN:

"Possible deal: Traded to the Panthers. In this deal, the Panthers would send the No. 93 selection to the Cardinals, who would pick up $10 million of Hopkins' $19.5 million base salary in 2023. Carolina would also guarantee Hopkins' $14.9 million salary for 2024, putting it on the hook for two years and $24.4 million."

I think we'd happily pay the same, that's only $2m more than we're paying MVS.
Yeah, if that's the compensation we're talking about that's great and a smart move for KC.

If that's the trade compensation AND he wants bumped into the 20+M salary range after, no thank you. No thank you very much.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:13 AM 03-22-2023
As much as I've been on board with getting DHop, if he wants $25-$27M he can go fork himself. Unless AZ picks up the difference between his current deal and any new one. If he's willing to pass on a couple rings for a few million more dollars - when he should already have more bank than his grandkids could ever spend - that tells me all I need to know.

Or keep losing
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:43 AM 03-22-2023
Kiss any dynasty nite nite if you get this dude. $$ is how they count in the League. Kelce is a rarity
[Reply]
staylor26 08:45 AM 03-22-2023
This pretty much contradicts everything we've heard, including from Hopkins himself.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:45 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Kiss any dynasty nite nite if you get this dude. $$ is how they count in the League. Kelce is a rarity
:-)
[Reply]
bigjosh 08:47 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:

Lol.

Yeah the dynasty is dead if we get an all pro receiver for two years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 119 of 270
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169219 > Last »
Up