ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 118 of 127
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:51 PM 06-05-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It would make sense for the Chiefs to stay there if they get to take over the whole thing and do whatever they want to do with the footprint. Football needs open spaces/footprint, and that spot gives it to them.

It makes zero sense for the Royals to be there. It doesn't need open spaces. (in fact, it is better for baseball to be more connected/close to high-employment areas because of the connection between employers, season-ticket groupings, ease of access directly after work, etc.).

I'm still hopeful the Royals, at least, will stay in KCMO proper.

It will suck for KCMO to lose 1% on 2/18 of the NFL salary cap 8 times a year, though. That's a lot of money to make up, and those "thriving businesses" in the Crossroads sure as fuck don't do it on their own.

Between the two teams and the way players (just players, not even including any staff) are taxed, you're talking about $5M in KC 1% earnings tax on a yearly basis.
I was talking more on a team and fan aspect not a tax aspect. If anything was going to happen at that location it would have, it's just a bad spot.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:52 PM 06-05-2024
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
Frankly I’m glad the voters did vote no, if it means we’re gonna eventually get two brand new stadiums in a better location with all the amenities.

Having visited KC and catching a couple games this past weekend, I definitely got a little romantic about the good ol days and remembering all the games I’ve seen at the K over the past 40+ years, but ultimately, it’s way past time to move on. They’re both lovely stadiums with a lot to like about them, but there’s PLENTY to upgrade. Just getting out of that part of town would be a step in the right direction. Lot of people holding on too tight. Change is inevitable.
Nostalgia is not a factor for me here (I was there Friday night).

The K is a relic and is going to go. I want the Royals downtown. My fellow Jackson Countians are too stupid to see the benefits far outweigh the negatives with that, though. So yay.

I want what's best for Kansas City proper. A strong city is good for the entire metropolitan area, unless you want to end up like St. Louis.

What's best for the city proper is keeping both teams in the KC metro and with KCMO addresses.

The Chiefs could do whatever they want/wanted to do at TSC if they had the whole things to do themselves just as easily as they could in Wyandotte county.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:06 PM 06-05-2024
I’m curious why it is best for the entire metro area if they stay in KCMO. That just sounds like wishful thinking, not something based in financial reality.

Putting the Royals downtown seems like a no-brainer, but Missouri’s going to Missouri
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:44 PM 06-05-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
I’m curious why it is best for the entire metro area if they stay in KCMO. That just sounds like wishful thinking, not something based in financial reality.

Putting the Royals downtown seems like a no-brainer, but Missouri’s going to Missouri
It's best for KCMO if they're all in the KCMO footprint (which is huge). My focus is always on what's good for KCMO proper, because 1) Strong city = strong metro area that is set up to keep growing long-term; 2) Suburban hellscapes will do their suburban hellscape thing as long as the city is strong and driving businesses and population to the general area.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:49 PM 06-05-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It's best for KCMO if they're all in the KCMO footprint (which is huge). My focus is always on what's good for KCMO proper, because 1) Strong city = strong metro area that is set up to keep growing long-term; 2) Suburban hellscapes will do their suburban hellscape thing as long as the city is strong and driving businesses and population to the general area.
You sound like one of those bike lane people
[Reply]
Pablo 02:41 PM 06-05-2024
Truman Sports Complex is a disgusting piece of shit for the Royals to play at.

But it’s great for the Chiefs.

Sure thing
[Reply]
DaFace 02:44 PM 06-05-2024
I'm not very plugged in to Royals news. Is there anything rumored for what they'll do (under the assumption that the TSC is destined to be a giant, vacant lot)?
[Reply]
Pablo 02:44 PM 06-05-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:

They could have been downtown if they stuck to their guns on the original East village site. But John or city hall got hungry eyes for the crossroads and got crushed for it.

Wasn’t even close. Wholesale rejection of their “plan”
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 02:52 PM 06-05-2024
Why wasn’t the area around TSC ever built up over the past 50+ years? Adam’s Mark, Holiday Inn, Drury Inn, Denny’s, Taco Bell and a couple gas stations seems to have been the extent of “growth”. What happened?
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:54 PM 06-05-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
They could have been downtown if they stuck to their guns on the original East village site. But John or city hall got hungry eyes for the crossroads and got crushed for it.

Wasn’t even close. Wholesale rejection of their “plan”
It was a truly bizarre process

From the Chiefs lack of engagement to Sherman seemingly changing locations with each finger of scotch downed to ultimately picking a spot everyone universally hated then even modifying it days before the vote in some last minute plea

It seemed like the ultimate appeal to authority when in reality it just looks like they were winging it
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:00 PM 06-05-2024
Citizens are flat out rejecting public money for stadiums.

It is what it is.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:02 PM 06-05-2024
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
It was a truly bizarre process

From the Chiefs lack of engagement to Sherman seemingly changing locations with each finger of scotch downed to ultimately picking a spot everyone universally hated then even modifying it days before the vote in some last minute plea

It seemed like the ultimate appeal to authority when in reality it just looks like they were winging it
Last sentence sums it up. John isn’t savvy. Just another boomer billionaire who never got told no in his life until now.
[Reply]
jettio 05:24 PM 06-05-2024
Chiefs priority is World Cup 2026 at Arrowhead. Chiefs will not make any public statements about any involvement with these attention seeking Kansas politicians until after World Cup.

The Royals are the team that said they want a new stadium. The plain fact that these dumbass Kansas politicians lead off all of these attention seeking plans with Chiefs and all the released drawings are football stadiums show you that they are just blowing smoke up folks asses.

Chiefs said they want to stay at Arrowhead. Royals say they want a new stadium. Chiefs are locked into Arrowhead through January 2031 and are hosting World Cup 2026 games at Arrowhead.

Chiefs Super Bowl LVII rings say Arrowhead is Lamar Hunt's favorite place on Earth.

Every time there is one of the dumbass news stories about a new dumbass Kansas Politician talking about Chiefs moving to Kansas, you can think about how the Kansas City Sports Commission folks responsible for the World Cup will tell those Kansas politicians to give Sporting Kansas City and KU as much money as they need to be able to host some country's national team. And the only contact from Clark Hunt and the Chiefs with Kansas politicians will be to let them know that Kansas better give the World Cup people everything they ask for to make this area a successful host site.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:29 PM 06-05-2024
Wonder if the new Kansas stadium will get a World Cup semi finals once its built?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:34 PM 06-05-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Colorado uses their beautiful mountains in the winter, people just need to learn how to dress themselves.
The new open air Chiefs stadium.

The hottest place for winter alpine and X-country skiing this side of..., uh, yea.
[Reply]
Page 118 of 127
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122 > Last »
Up