ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 118 of 324
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128168218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:04 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Where did you get your PhD out of curiosity
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
https://www.theclownschool.com/
BEWARE!!

https://bravechurch.online/sermon/beware-1
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:08 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You're such a butt****ing moron.
He does NOT get a seat on my bus. He can walk behind.
[Reply]
Basileus777 03:30 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
To be fair both teams MIGHT have improved more, we'll see, but it's a damn sight easier when you're not yet paying your QB top dollar and you have a top 10 pick like Philly.
And even then Philly lost more talent in free agency then they drafted. Eagles improving is on Hurts development, that defense has very low chance of replicating with they did last year.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:39 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by Basileus777:
then they drafted.
How do you know this?? Same could have been said when we chose not to sign Ward but look what happened with our rookie DBs.
[Reply]
Basileus777 03:55 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
How do you know this?? Same could have been said when we chose not to sign Ward but look what happened with our rookie DBs.
That's one guy. Eagles lost like quality 5 defensive starters. And the unit was already due a regression to the mean.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:55 PM 06-04-2023
BEWARE!!

https://bravechurch.online/sermon/beware-1
No, you beware! I'm gonna kick your ass!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:02 PM 06-04-2023
Toney hitting is what ultimately would set up another run of titles
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:03 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
We have no money. We spent it on defense. We have a surplus of wrsbwe have not really seen yet. We are good.
Stop with that "wE hAVe nO mUNy!" nonsense.

It's been reported multiple times that if Veach wanted to, he could restructure both Mahomes' and CJ's (which has to be done anyway) contracts and free up as much as $83 million dollars tomorrow.

If we need the money, we can get it.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 04:25 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
No, you beware! I'm gonna kick your ass!
Nah, nah, nah, Jesus will get your attention in the end(2nd Coming) when it's all over I'm afraid when it's too late if you don't repent now. Read below.

Philippians 2:10-11

10 so that at the name of Jesus(2nd Coming) every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth(those already in hell), 11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Yes RealSNR you will declare Jesus is Lord at some point in time either as a saved repentant saint or as an unrepentant sinner. So you may want to re-think who will get their ass kicked 'eternally' especially when it doesn't have to happen unless you want it to of course. Jesus loves you.:-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:33 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Toney hitting is what ultimately would set up another run of titles
You mean, Toney playing a full season. that's pretty much what we need to see out of him. If he can't play more than 9 games a year, we need to find another WR1.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:40 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
You mean, Toney playing a full season. that's pretty much what we need to see out of him. If he can't play more than 9 games a year, we need to find another WR1.
Yes I'd assume a player would have to see the field to be considered a hit
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 04:45 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
We don't know yet whether he is a WR 1 yet in spite of a full season. I want to see his full WR repertoire on display before I make that assessment.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:57 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd:
Why are so many fans so confident we will win the Super Bowl. We really weren’t any better than Cincinnati or Philadelphia last year and we won both those games mainly or at least partly by luck. Everybody has to admit that. And that’s OK. Luck as always part of the game.

It’s pretty obvious that Both Philadelphia and Cincinnati have improved more than the Chiefs this year. And if San Francisco finally has even a semi competent quarterback that can survive, they join the teams that are just as good if not better than the Chiefs.

We are still in the hunt. We are definitely good enough for that. And hopefully we will be lucky again.

I am too new to this board to be able to start threads, but I really would like to see a thread about why people think the Chiefs are going to be better than the Eagles, the Bengals and the 49ers. Not saying we won’t be competitive. But I am saying this overstated confidence is not warranted.

Hope there’s some discussion on this. It would be good if somebody who is able to could start a thread on that topic. Like I said, I can’t. And it really doesn’t belong in this discussion about Hopkins.
I strongly disagree with the thesis that the Chiefs have not improved as much as the Bengals and Eagles.

Defensively, the Chiefs' "significant" losses are Juan Thornhill and Frank Clark. Charles Omenihu is an upgrade over a full season from Clark. You can make a good case that year 2 Brian Cook (who came on well at the end of the year) + Mike Edwards is at least as good as Thornhill + rookie Cook, an there's more upside.

The rest of the secondary, which featured 3 rookie CBs, including one who missed a big chunk of the season due to the shitty turf in Arizona, should be improved in year 2. Especially McDuffie. Sneed is Sneed.

So, overall, a better secondary for 2023 is a reasonable expectation.

The pass D will also be upgraded with the addition of Drue Tranquill, a proven vetern who defends the pass well at the LB spot. He upgrades KC at the WLB spot, and allows Willie Gay to play SLB, improving pass coverage there, too. Tranquill offers a major improvement as the dime LB, too, in pass coverage, should the Chiefs treat him like Ben Niemann.

In addition to upgrading one DE spot, the Chiefs also added a day 1 pick at DE, will get a better version of Karlaftis in year 2, and have bought in some rookies who can fill specific roles well.

Offensively, the T combo is potentially a nice upgrade from Brown/Wylie. A healthy Donovan Smith is roughly as good as a pass protector as "good" Orlando Brown, and Jawaan Taylor offers a significant upgrade from Andrew Wylie. Better OL, and a WR room whose floor is similar to 2022, wtih significantly more upside.

So, I would say that the Chiefs upgraded stylistically at T, in upside at WR, and have strengthened their back 7 significantly.

What have the Bengals done? They added Orlando Brown, Jr. at LT, who I don't see as a major upgrade from Jonah Williams. Jonah Williams, if/when healthy, may give them a nice bump from end-of-year at RT, but his issues vs. power rushers would still be present there.

I'll predict the "Orlando Brown upgrade" talk turns quickly to "Orlando Brown contract disaster" talk when he underperforms the contract as a pass protector and the Bengals have to stop taking deep drops without giving him help.

I don't see major improvements there, especially when there's the matter of some key losses on defense (both safeties). Myles Murphy is a nice addition at DE, but usually when a player falls like that, there's a reason. I would guess he gives them a Karlaftis like impact, though.

As for the Eagles, the offense looks similar, but the D lost a lot. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson is really good. The LB was a loss (and I don't buy the Nakobe Dean hype). The DL will be counting on some unproven guys to step in for proven veterans, one of them the biggest force multiplier on their DL.

The Eagles also are going to play a much tougher schedule this year, with more strong/complete offeneses and competant QBs.

I don't see really any improvements for the Eagles. No personnel upgrades, just hoping young players adequately replace departed vets.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:58 PM 06-04-2023
We don't know yet whether he is a WR 1 yet in spite of a full season. I want to see his full WR repertoire on display before I make that assessment.

Mmm. This is troubling, but very true. His numbers in the NFL aren't terribly exciting, in spite of his incredible physical talents. He played in 7 games last season, and did make some flashy plays, but somehow accounted for just 17 catches/171 yds/2 TDs, and just 7 catches/50yds/1 TD in the playoffs. It wasn't that great.

So yeah, we have to see if he really is a legit WR1, or just another flashy gadget guy. We have to see a lot more from him this season. A lot more.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:11 PM 06-04-2023
Eagles: The only three "easier" schedules belonged to their division rivals. Do you not remember those last two WALK-IN TDs. You want to be scared, why?

Edit:Andy Reid does not embarrass people/teams. Unless provoked: Bus round Arrowhead
[Reply]
Page 118 of 324
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128168218 > Last »
Up