ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 118 of 488
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128168218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
staylor26 04:27 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Trey Smith, Elijah Mitchell, Kenneth Gainwell, Adetokunbo Ogundeji, Brandin Echols and Jonathan Cooper are the only guys taken past the in the 5th or later who really made a dent last year. Maybe Nate Hobbs? And some really nice long-term guys like Larry Borom.

If all 4 of those 7th rounders combine into a single guy who is as useful as Trey Smith it will be a miracle and frankly an extreme outlier. I believe our 6th went to the Steelers for Ingram and the pick we got from Baltimore in the Brown deal went to the Vikings for Hughes.

I woudl say we have 5 picks that are more relevant than merely attacking the UDFA pool would be. 1, 2, 3, 3 and 4 can all be expected to have better returns than just sifting through the UDFAs and doing a nice job with your scouting.

But the 7ths aren't even useful to move up. If we bundled all of them together we might be able to get into the back of the 6th. Then maybe we could take that 6th and move up maybe 6-8 spots in the 4th?

{shrug}

If they ain't useless, they're near enough as to make no difference.
I thought he was implying that day 3 picks don’t matter when he said the Chiefs only have 4 picks that do.

Yea, 7th round picks obviously are mostly worthless, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t get lucky, especially with several chances.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:28 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Drafting Clyde over Higgins sure did.

We probably beat the Bengals and go tot he Super Bowl with a real shot and don’t have a big hole at WR currently
So Mahomes could have someone else to stare at wide open and not throw the ball to?

I think we need to get past the AFCCG guys.

Nothing would've changed it apart from maybe a fire-breathing pass-rusher that could've made a momentum stopping play that turned things back around and let Mahomes un-fuck himself.

The offense wasn't going to win that game. Mahomes melted down. He almost certainly won't do it again.

That game cannot be your barometer for what needs to be done with this team going forward.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 04:29 PM 03-16-2022
Running it back is always the wrong decision.

Still cannot understand what compelled them to do that.
I disagree. I think continuity goes a long way. This team should have been in the super bowl but it wasn't personnel that caused them to fall short
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:30 PM 03-16-2022
Running it back is always the wrong decision.

Still cannot understand what compelled them to do that.
Getting a championship after 50 years and the thought that the same team could do it again.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:30 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I thought he was implying that day 3 picks don’t matter when he said the Chiefs only have 4 picks that do.

Yea, 7th round picks obviously are mostly worthless, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t get lucky, especially with several chances.
{shrug}

I guess so.

But they simply don't factor into my calculus at all. As you are well aware - they just never have.

It's why I don't do mocks past the 5th round. It's why I rarely complain about picks made/not made past the 5th round.

They're just dart throws and to use O.City's analogy, you're not much closer to the board than you would be just using those same trainging camp slots to bring in a couple more UDFAs you liked. Or street free agents who signed futures deals for that matter.

I mean yeah, I'm fairly comfortable saying 'they don't matter' and rounding down here...
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:31 PM 03-16-2022
{shrug}

I guess so.

But they simply don't factor into my calculus at all. As you are well aware - they just never have.

It's why I don't do mocks past the 5th round. It's why I rarely complain about picks made/not made past the 5th round.

They're just dart throws and to use O.City's analogy, you're not much closer to the board than you would be just using those same trainging camp slots to bring in a couple more UDFAs you liked. Or street free agents who signed futures deals for that matter.

I mean yeah, I'm fairly comfortable saying 'they don't matter' and rounding down here...
They can for sure use them to go after guys who they think might end up as UDFA and ensure that they get them. Still won’t amount to a ton of shit though.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:32 PM 03-16-2022

Source: #Chiefs are re-signing G/T Andrew Wylie to a 1-year deal that includes $2.5M fully guaranteed. Wylie has started 42 games in four years for Kansas City - making starts at RG, LG, and RT.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) March 16, 2022

[Reply]
The Franchise 04:33 PM 03-16-2022
Dude has 500k followers so I’m assuming he’s legit.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:33 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Next up, Byron Pringle.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:33 PM 03-16-2022
{shrug}

I guess so.

I wouldn’t have as much of a problem with saying 7th round picks don’t matter, but this started because I thought he was saying that day 3 picks don’t matter.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:33 PM 03-16-2022
Dude has 500k followers so I’m assuming he’s legit.
Yea he is. He’s broken several stories. He needs to be verified
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:34 PM 03-16-2022
There's your RT for the first half (?) of the season.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:34 PM 03-16-2022
27 years old and coming off his best season.

Absolutely no issue with this move, and it wasn’t all that expensive.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 04:34 PM 03-16-2022
There’s you RT at least until Niang recovers from his injury
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:35 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
There's your RT for the first half (?) of the season.
Get him to be average and find a guy in the draft that you like.
[Reply]
Page 118 of 488
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128168218 > Last »
Up