ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 117 of 258
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167217 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:29 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The Bengals have an excellent front office. That’s why they are most likely the biggest competition to us in the AFC for the foreseeable future.

They’ve gotten good FA’s at fair prices and have drafted well.

After the Bengals and Chiefs there’s a pretty big gap between the 3rd best team in this conference
The Bills paid out the ass for Stefon Diggs and his overrated not-a-top-10-WR ass! Don't forget about them!
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:32 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The Bills paid out the ass for Stefon Diggs and his overrated not-a-top-10-WR ass! Don't forget about them!
Diggs was a good move for them because they would have drafted someone meh at WR anyway.
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 09:32 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Man, we're losing a lot of guys here.

I know Veach is just getting started, but this offseason feels way more like the rebuild than last year.

We lost Tyreek, but that was in a trade, so we were compensated. Otherwise, we just got rid of Hitchens and Money Badger, and those were both addition by subtraction moves.

These are all small pieces we're losing, but it's a piece here, a piece there... it's starting to add up such that we're going to need to strike it rich in the draft again if we want to continue being as good as last year.

And no, there's nothing wrong with this. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Don't be like the Rams when you have Mahomes. Look to the long term picture, remain as competitive as possible each year, and pick and choose your additions to the team carefully.
Kind of hit me last night that the Chiefs will be in the state of perpetual retooling for as long as Mahomes is here. Bargain basement hits and strong drafts are the only way now. We’ll have 5 or 6 big contracts and the rest will churn every year for the most part.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:34 AM 03-16-2023
The 49ers lost quite a bit too.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:34 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Diggs was a good move for them because they would have drafted someone meh at WR anyway.
It was a fine move.

I just don't like it when people call Diggs a top 10 WR. He's not top 10. At all. Fuck that shit.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:36 AM 03-16-2023
Or they could have drafted Justin Jefferson who the Vikings drafted with that pick :-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:37 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Or they could have drafted Justin Jefferson who the Vikings drafted with that pick :-)
Didn’t they give up like 4 other picks and a new contract to Diggs?

Without winning a Super Bowl with Diggs, it’s hard to argue that was a good trade for the Bills.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:39 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
They're pretty good everywhere else, but the Bengals have some serious question marks in the secondary.

Both of their starting safeties are gone, and their best CB is coming off a major injury.
So you’re telling that the 2 best teams bc in the conference are not the ones trading 1st rd picks away and paying massive salaries to players, but rather are being smart, building through the draft and sticking to their guns to not overpay or give up assets?

It’s like there’s a formula for this that a team in New England used to have a little success and other teams learned from it.
[Reply]
O.city 09:40 AM 03-16-2023
Keep this energy for when the Chiefs trade their first rounder for and pay a pass rusher.

I'm here for it fam.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:41 AM 03-16-2023
Actually you would kind of have to be trying to fuck up to not get at least a decent receiver at that spot

Jefferson
Aiyuk
Higgins
Pittman
Shenault
Claypool

The two that are worthless were Reagor and Hamler
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:43 AM 03-16-2023
The only thing saving the Bengals from getting beat down by Mahomes in the AFC Championship this year was we were missing 4 out of our top 5 WR's in the 2nd half.
I mean they were missing half the Oline too. If were playing that game.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:03 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Bought tree fiddy.

Not gonna lie. I’d do the same thing if I was a millionaire 25 year old. Stop hating.
C’mon, you know you’d be going to Belize with them!??! :-)
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:04 AM 03-16-2023
Maybe it isnt late enough in the process yet, but seems like theres been less smoke this year than years past. Not many if any tweets of so and so is interested in so and so.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:06 AM 03-16-2023
The longer this goes on the more it feels like we bring in a veteran WR like Theilan on a cheap 1-year deal while using some of the cap to replenish some depth pieces.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:09 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
The longer this goes on the more it feels like we bring in a veteran WR like Theilan on a cheap 1-year deal while using some of the cap to replenish some depth pieces.
I dont personally think Theilen gets here unless its like a June signing. Bart Vapsh prefers them young. Theilen is a Mckinnon of WRS imo at this point. A late addition mercenary. He's been adamant about sticking to his guns and drawing a line in the sand on contracts. I dont see him going for an old this early on with younger guys with similar skill sets still available unless Theilen just takes a vet min type deal.
[Reply]
Page 117 of 258
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167217 > Last »
Up