View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 116 of 343
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126166216 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:04 PM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I love when players turn down five year deals because they want "security" only to then play on a one-year deal.
don't forget turning down 65 million guaranteed to take 16 million guaranteed. Works out great as long as you continue to improve and don't, I dunno, hurt your back like Mitchell.

I'd have taken the contract.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:06 PM 07-15-2022
Yea, he certainly isn't protected from injury.

But even if he is high motor this year and plays great (which remains to be seen), I'm not convinced he will stay high motor if he has a long term contract locked up.

I guess that is mostly a headache for next off season, although if KC was going to replace him it would no doubt pay to plan ahead.
[Reply]
kevrunner 07-15-2022, 04:21 PM
This message has been deleted by kevrunner.
poolboy 04:23 PM 07-15-2022
Who gets restructured now to pull off a DL move?...OBJ is gonna eat that salary cap...
[Reply]
Warpaint69 04:49 PM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Who gets restructured now to pull off a DL move?...OBJ is gonna eat that salary cap...
He’s already calculated into the cap?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:51 PM 07-15-2022
Brown will be gone in 2023. We can get a better LT and pay less.
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:05 PM 07-15-2022
Did we sign fisher yet
[Reply]
penguinz 05:10 PM 07-15-2022
And this is why Baltimore did not hesitate to trade an above average LT within the division to a team desperately needed an LT and is THE team they would have to beat in the playoffs.

They knew he wanted more than he has proven he is worth.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:14 PM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
And this is why Baltimore did not hesitate to trade an above average LT within the division to a team desperately needed an LT and is THE team they would have to beat in the playoffs.

:-)
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:14 PM 07-15-2022

Chiefs are still in a winning position. So long as he doesn't shit the bed, they could easily flip him next season for what they gave up.
[Reply]
BlackOp 05:16 PM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Did we sign fisher yet
I kind of thought KC would kick the tires on him at RT prior to the draft...he played his first season there.

Brown's agent knows he has KC over a barrel...they spent draft capital on him and have no suitable replacement. He also knows if Brown doesn't perform up to his asking price and signs his franchise tender...he wont get it in 2023. So it's seizing the opportunity...cant say I blame them. That's an agents job...

Chiefs staff have been around him for a year...so they have a pretty good bead on if they think he'll regress after getting paid.

Hopefully they meet in the middle...LT are going to get more expensive..so what seems expensive now...wont be in 2 years. Conversely, Brown would likely land a 2nd round pick in a trade...so Chiefs could hedge and replace him next year and save 15 million a year.

I think paying him a fair amount...keeping your OL intact and using your draft capital elsewhere is the smart play.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:02 PM 07-15-2022

And Baltimore failed to make the playoffs and we had a top 5 OL in football. But we got fleeced by those crafty Ravens!

He made us better last year than almost any replacement we could've easily acquired post-Silverback.

And you might want to familiarize yourself with the AFC West and the acclaimed HBO drama The Wire.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:06 PM 07-15-2022

Again, if we don't make the trade with Baltimore, who would play left tackle and which one, Creed Humphrey, or Nick Bolton do you prefer not be on the team?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:08 PM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Brown will be gone in 2023. We can get a better LT and pay less.
Orlando Brown will be the best tackle in the NFL with this prediction.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:10 PM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Chiefs are still in a winning position. So long as he doesn't shit the bed, they could easily flip him next season for what they gave up.
This is the way.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:23 PM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Again, if we don't make the trade with Baltimore, who would play left tackle and which one, Creed Humphrey, or Nick Bolton do you prefer not be on the team?

People don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 116 of 343
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126166216 > Last »
Up