ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 116 of 488
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126166216 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:47 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That they do.

Remember when folks kept squealing that the cap is a myth when we gave Clark his deal and insisted "Ah, a Jones contract will still be easy..."?

Fellas - the Cap isn't a myth. Never has been. You can ignore it for a year and often even for 2.

But the bill WILL come due.

This may honestly be the year to allow it. We don't know what any of these maneuvers will actually mean for the Chargers, Broncos or Raiders. They may still be far inferior to us. So why chase? Give it a minute to settle out, see where the division stands, hope you're still the top dog and then next year attack as needed.

There are just a lot of unknown variables right now.

But if that's the approach, we'd better be smart about it and if possible try to find some younger veterans we can get a little term on.
That’s why I would spend some money on guys that were depth on other teams but never had their shot to get legitimate snaps. See if they can help us out and then work on keeping the ones who do moving forward.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:48 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Nobody enjoys a down year after four straight AFCCG's either.

I mean, he's going to have to write those checks eventually to field a team. We don't have any cap space without doing so.
Sure. But with Kelce and Thuney, they're weekly game checks that start when the season does.

It's why most players don't push back when approached with the offer. I'll take that money in hand right now vs. waiting 3 months for my first installment of 1/17th of it, thank you...

Just as it has value for players - it has a cost for owners.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:48 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Awry? Or just a different plan than signing Za'Darius Smith, which I think we all thought was the plan for a good part of the week?

Maybe they're going to throw numbers at DE, with a couple of potentially ascending guys and a boring vet like Ingram. Maybe they're going to trade for someone. Maybe they're just that confident in the draft resources available?

"easy" plans tend to be expensive. Or at least obvious and easy.
It takes some stones to be confident in the draft falling your way when you basically only have 4 picks that matter this year and they are all late in each round.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:52 PM 03-16-2022
It takes some stones to be confident in the draft falling your way when you basically only have 4 picks that matter this year and they are all late in each round.
If the draft is the plan in regards to the DE position, then a trade up is inevitable.

Also, 4 picks “that matter”?

Every pick matters for a team, especially one that got Smith and Sneed the last two years on day 3.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:55 PM 03-16-2022
We’re trading down. Gotta add a couple more picks to the middle rounds.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:56 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Has Veach ever even traded down?

A trade up is much more likely.
[Reply]
jdubya 03:58 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Good thing we got Burton re signed. There is a spree on fullbacks rn

Raiders, oops I mean Patriots West quietly making moves
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 04:00 PM 03-16-2022
Weve hosted the last four AFCCG in Arrowhead in addition to several other playoff games. How much of that revenue goes in Clark's back pocket and how much goes to the league? Dont Super Bowl participants get an enormous payout as well? I have a hard time believing Clark is cash strapped. From a team franchise perspective things have never been better. Zero idea how his other business ventures are doing.
[Reply]
In58men 04:01 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Patterson underwhelming wtf? He’s a star
Hahahahahaha

Log off
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:02 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If the draft is the plan in regards to the DE position, then a trade up is inevitable.

Also, 4 picks “that matter”?

Every pick matters for a team, especially one that got Smith and Sneed the last two years on day 3.
You can't count on picks in the late 200's making an impact in the 1st year - or ever. Trey is an outlier, and also plays a position that is a hell of a lot more likely to make an earlier impact from the later rounds.

Late 200's typically get you a BoPete Keys. The last 7th rounder that's done anything for this team is Allegretti as a backup, then back to Succop, then back to Jarrad Page.

They have holes NOW. Four 7th round picks aren't filling those holes, nor are they any kind of capital to move much.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:03 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
We should, but we won't.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:03 PM 03-16-2022
This is the most underwhelming free agency ever
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:05 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
Hahahahahaha

Log off
He’s a 4 time all pro, 3 time second team all pro. 4 time pro bowler and a member of the 2010s all decade team. That’s a ****ing star
[Reply]
staylor26 04:05 PM 03-16-2022
You can't count on picks in the late 200's making an impact in the 1st year - or ever. Trey is an outlier, and also plays a position that is a hell of a lot more likely to make an earlier impact from the later rounds.

Late 200's typically get you a BoPete Keys. The last 7th rounder that's done anything for this team is Allegretti as a backup, then back to Succop, then back to Jarrad Page.

They have holes NOW. Four 7th round picks aren't filling those holes, nor are they any kind of capital to move much.
The Chiefs have a 4th rounder as well, and nobody said anything about “counting” on day 3 picks, but to say they don’t matter is silly.

They don’t have to be Sneed or Smith either. Rashad Fenton is a 6th rounder that certainly mattered.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:07 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The Chiefs have a 4th rounder as well, and nobody said anything about “counting” on day 3 picks, but to say they don’t matter is silly.
I thought we traded our 4th away - my mistake.

Regardless, we have essentially nothing behind pick 125-ish.

For a team with no cap space and several glaring holes, it's going to take every bit of magic Veach has.
[Reply]
Page 116 of 488
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126166216 > Last »
Up