« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126166216 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:34 AM 10-27-2022
We don't need to force Moore out there. We have the best offense in the league so far without Hill. Moore will get his big chance next year once he learns.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:26 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Shoes:
I'm not sure if this makes me feel better or worse about Skyy. You might think that the comparison of the usage to Tyreek Hill is a positive but Tyreek Hill was a running back coming out of college and his route running needed a lot more refining.

Skyy was touted as one of the more polished route runners coming out of this draft class, I understand not rushing a rookie and allowing them to digest the playbook but Skyy from a pure receiving stand point shouldn't require as much coaching from a technical perspective.

FYI still fairly bullish on Skyy, took awhile for Golden Tate to bust out- I like that comparison the best.
In Tyreek’s first 7 games he had 19 catches for 223 yards and 4TDs.

My big concern with Skyy this season is that if he keeps making mistakes Andy will refuse to play him. On punts he should be benched, but when he’s called out as the reason Patrick throws and INT it becomes even more likely to be an issue.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:39 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Multiple times this season, I've seen Moore either make a deeper cut or not drive towards the ball when Mahomes is scrambling.

He has to make his cut and then drive forward to keep the defenders from cutting in front of him. I think one of Mahomes' INT was Skyy's fault
THe latest one was Moore's 'fault.' He needed to cut hard left once he was even with that DB and basically run down that yard line, instead he arced deep and allowed the safety to make the play. It's a typical rookie mistake, we've seen rooks make that same mistake forever.

The one against the Bills was on Mahomes. Pat was late finding Moore, imo. He should've thrown to Moore when he was between the hashes, when that defender had no chance to make a play on the ball. But Pat was looking downfield on that play, and just came back to Moore late.
[Reply]
Shoes 02:26 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Skyy came from a school where the defensive looks werent 1/3rd of what hes seeing on game day now. He has to learn the playbook, learn to read defenses on the run and build chemistry with Pat. Its not as simple as plug in an athlete. If he had come from ohio state, alabama or some other school where theres NFLish defenses i'd be more concerned. I personally expect more of an Antonio Brown style entry than Jamaar Chase.
The NFL is a sink or swim league, I understand that Skyy comes from the MAC which isn't going to have the same game speed or coaching as the SEC but you don't have to go very far to show other small school receivers who showed a lot more than Skyy has early on in their careers. This doesn't mean that Skyy is a bust, doesn't mean that he can't be a valuable receiver for the Chiefs but it is fair to say that the start of his career has been underwhelming. He hasn't really flashed his talent much at all, and unfortunately he has been a train wreck returning punts (I blame the coaching staff for square peg round hole).

Diontae Johnson from Toledo, Cooper Kupp from Eastern Washington, Darnell Mooney from Tulane are all examples of small school receivers who flashed and earned playing time in their rookie seasons.

There is still a ton of runway on Moore's career for him to get going, but it's not unfair to say that Skyy has been a little disappointing. I think for me personally, it would go a long way if he flashed a bit especially in the redzone where I think the Chiefs have a bit of a deficiency. Kelce is a monster, Juju and Fortson are formidable but Hardman and MVS lose a little bit of their effectiveness when we can't take the top off. I think Moore can shine in the redzone as the season goes on. Moore doesn't need to have a monster season but the attributes that led him to be drafted in the second round have to shine here and there.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:54 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Skyy came from a school where the defensive looks werent 1/3rd of what hes seeing on game day now. He has to learn the playbook, learn to read defenses on the run and build chemistry with Pat. Its not as simple as plug in an athlete. If he had come from ohio state, alabama or some other school where theres NFLish defenses i'd be more concerned. I personally expect more of an Antonio Brown style entry than Jamaar Chase.
Antonio Brown was a 6th round pick, taking a bit to get up to speed for a player from Central Michigan was absolutely acceptable. I'd suggest next time KC maybe doesn't take a small school player that isn't ready to contribute in the 2nd round. But I'll take a step back and see if he's ready for a larger role after the bye. By the start of December he ideally SHOULD start seeing a consistent 5-7 targets a game and 3-4 catches a game. Spread that over a full season at around 11-12 ypc and you have a 600 yard receiver. I think that is a perfectly reasonable expectation come December.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 04:11 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Antonio Brown was a 6th round pick, taking a bit to get up to speed for a player from Central Michigan was absolutely acceptable. I'd suggest next time KC maybe doesn't take a small school player that isn't ready to contribute in the 2nd round. But I'll take a step back and see if he's ready for a larger role after the bye. By the start of December he ideally SHOULD start seeing a consistent 5-7 targets a game and 3-4 catches a game. Spread that over a full season at around 11-12 ypc and you have a 600 yard receiver. I think that is a perfectly reasonable expectation come December.
I don’t disagree that we all want him to be more ready as a second rounder. But I have to trust the staff. We may look back and say” wow skyy and mecole this bunch can’t draft a wr to save their life.” But I think it’s way too early to panic.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:22 PM 10-27-2022
Hopefully Toney can immediately take over as PR allowing Skyy to concentrate SOLELY on being WR4 and polish his skills there.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:34 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
THe latest one was Moore's 'fault.' He needed to cut hard left once he was even with that DB and basically run down that yard line, instead he arced deep and allowed the safety to make the play. It's a typical rookie mistake, we've seen rooks make that same mistake forever.

The one against the Bills was on Mahomes. Pat was late finding Moore, imo. He should've thrown to Moore when he was between the hashes, when that defender had no chance to make a play on the ball. But Pat was looking downfield on that play, and just came back to Moore late.
Pat said he wanted to throw it earlier but Milano was in the lane , I would have just curved it around him .
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:50 AM 11-03-2022
YES!

The Chiefs will move away from Skyy Moore as their exclusive punt returner. Dave Toub said he would be part of rotation. Said Kadarius Toney could get some work there on Sunday night against Titans.

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) November 3, 2022

[Reply]
jd1020 10:53 AM 11-03-2022
Why is he even considered to be in the rotation though?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:53 AM 11-03-2022
So it's going to be PRBC? That sounds...odd.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:54 AM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Why is he even considered to be in the rotation though?
Why are they using a rotation at all? Just find a new punt returner. Hell, Hardman can do it.

By rotating them, you're just putting more pressure on them every time they are back there.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:57 AM 11-03-2022

#Chiefs: Dave Toub says Skyy Moore needs more confidence but also needs to get more reps in games.

“we’re not giving up on him.” - Toub

— McKenzie Nelson (@McKenzieMNelson) November 3, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:57 AM 11-03-2022
skyy can field a punt when we're up 21
[Reply]
jd1020 10:58 AM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
skyy can field a punt when we're up 21
How late in the game we talking?
[Reply]
Page 116 of 280