ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 116 of 146
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
kepp 11:18 AM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The only issue is that if they rush 4 and fall back into zone, the screen game won't work as well.

We've got to get them into the 5-man rush packages and make them man up for it to really be effective.
I wonder how they start out. Do they go balls-to-the-wall pass rush at first, or sit back in a zone? I tend to think the former, but who knows.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:19 AM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
AJ Brown played on those Titans team and it was still a Tennessee Titans Situation. Smith's a little better than Corey Davis was at that time, but not substantially so.

The Eagles are closer to the '19 Titans than anyone will acknowledge, IMO.
The Eagles just have a better TE than that Titans team did.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:20 AM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by kepp:
Dial up the screen game to dial back their aggression. Make them think.
Andy giveth and taketh away with the screen game, IMO.

His screens are SO meticulous and so precisely timed that they're absolutely amazing when they work. But they're also not something you can just 'dust off', IMO.

They're thoroughbreds that need to be kept in shape and get constant exercise. They're not plowhorses that you can just throw out in the field when you need them.

I think we'll see some screens because we always do, but I'd be surprised if we go to them a lot more often than we typically do.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:20 AM 02-10-2023
I wonder how they start out. Do they go balls-to-the-wall pass rush at first, or sit back in a zone? I tend to think the former, but who knows.
It's going to be an interesting chess match. If they come out with pressure, we all know how Pat operates agains the blitz. Do they focus on trying to limit the chunk plays instead?

I mean with this offense it's really pick your poison. Are they going to try to take away the deep stuff or are they going to try and force long drives? Either way, Mahomes is going to make them pay.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:21 AM 02-10-2023
AJ Brown played on those Titans team and it was still a Tennessee Titans Situation. Smith's a little better than Corey Davis was at that time, but not substantially so.

The Eagles are closer to the '19 Titans than anyone will acknowledge, IMO.
As soon as the Chiefs beat a team, you’ll notice the opinion of that team changes tremendously. Even Chiefs fans tend to think teams that the Chiefs beat just suck.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:21 AM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The Eagles just have a better TE than that Titans team did.
Jonnu Smith was really good that year, especially by the playoffs.

Sure, Goedert is better, but Jonnu Smith wasn't a hack by any stretch and in some ways actually offered a MORE dangerous big play threat.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:24 AM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
As soon as the Chiefs beat a team, you’ll notice the opinion of that team changes tremendously. Even Chiefs fans tend to think teams that the Chiefs beat just suck.
"Oh sure, the 49ers had a good DL in 2019, but they didn't have 4 of them..."

Just ridiculous revisionist history. Ford - Armstead - Buckner - Bosa was evidently shite now.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:25 AM 02-10-2023
"Oh sure, the 49ers had a good DL in 2019, but they didn't have 4 of them..."

Just ridiculous revisionist history. Ford - Armstead - Buckner - Bosa was evidently shite now.
They were better, and I'll die on that hill.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:25 AM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
Patrick is going to complete a behind the back pass this game. I can feel it.

"We didn't see that one in practice..."
Rag arm Minshew impersonating Mahomes...

Ugh, suuuuuuure.

:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:27 AM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
They were better, and I'll die on that hill.
Of COURSE they were.

I mean look at the stats for that team when it had Ford on the field. When they had that full group, they were fucking monsters.

But now I'm supposed to pretend like that didn't happen. Or that the Chiefs haven't dominated better running games in the playoffs. Or that we didn't JUST hold down a way better WR corps than the Eagles have.

It just gets tiring to see folks hand-waive everything this team accomplishes.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:31 AM 02-10-2023
Dial up the screen game to dial back their aggression. Make them think.
They’ve been very susceptible to screens and quick plays this year.

I expect this to be a HUGE pressure point for Reid on Sunday

Here's a basic summary of how to attack PHI's defense:

In 5-1 front: either get to Empty of 3x1 (TE opposite), test their RPO bubble rules
In 4-down (Over) front: Run the ball

Might need to make vid explaining this pic.twitter.com/fk4zKxKoJV

— Nate Christensen (@natech32) February 10, 2023

GB was mixing in fair amount of GT Counter runs going strongside, was big against Eagles Penny fronts. Having Marcedes be able to stack DE then work up is such an asset (Marcedes is awesome) but vs a 2H shell the # count can be there and Penny is easier for seals backside pic.twitter.com/RXYMMMJuBd

— Nate Christensen (@natech32) February 10, 2023

(different formation but same principles)

Douggggg.... pic.twitter.com/OtKcoCBjLc

— Nate Christensen (@natech32) February 9, 2023

Taking a break from PHI defense watch to shoutout Doug Pederson, what a RZ call. PHI wanted to play man in RZ, switch safeties up to deal with jet motion, but WR snaps back outside on motion and it looks CGJ up to try and run in space, terrific design, great man beater pic.twitter.com/oc4uoIt8jR

— Nate Christensen (@natech32) February 9, 2023

[Reply]
Mecca 11:35 AM 02-10-2023
Of COURSE they were.

I mean look at the stats for that team when it had Ford on the field. When they had that full group, they were fucking monsters.

But now I'm supposed to pretend like that didn't happen. Or that the Chiefs haven't dominated better running games in the playoffs. Or that we didn't JUST hold down a way better WR corps than the Eagles have.

It just gets tiring to see folks hand-waive everything this team accomplishes.
It comes down to a few things.

1. Everyone has Chiefs fatigue

2. East coast media are tired of a team that isn't on the east coast being the team every year, and if it isn't them they'd at least like to go to California.

3. ESPN specifically has multiple guys on TV who came from the Philly media.

4. The media is 100% pandering to the larger east coast market and to the fact that they think most people watching this game will be rooting against the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Tonka83 11:36 AM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Thanks for posting these.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:38 AM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Toney is going to break a bubble for a TD this game, isn't he?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:38 AM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by Tonka83:
Thanks for posting these.
There's more stuff on his page..

One of the ones that stands out is when the Eagles go 5-1 Dallas was hitting them with empty looks. The Eagles don't align their fronts to match personnel like most coaches...

Dallas was getting really easy completions off the look repeatedly.
[Reply]
Page 116 of 146
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126 > Last »
Up