ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 115 of 145
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023-2024 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:43 PM 10-24-2023
Can't believe the NBA Season is starting tonight. Way to early but here we go.

Lakers vs Nuggets: 6:30PM

Suns vs Warriors: 9PM

Both on TNT
[Reply]
staylor26 11:17 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
If rings were still any kind of priority for him at this stage of his career, he would absolutely be going elsewhere in free agency this summer. He won't do it.
That was in reference to the second part of your post.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:18 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Suns, Bucks, and Clippers are all failures though, so again, this is a great time for the NBA.
This is what makes the Thunder so likeable to me. They tried the whole super team thing with Paul George and then absolutely raped the Clippers in that trade netting them a kings ransom of picks and SGA.

Sure they were bad for awhile which helped them get Chet but their GM is really smart and they develop players nicely.

And yes even though I hate them, the Nuggets have done a great job of this too. Jokic and Murray weren’t top 5 picks.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:19 AM 05-10-2024
I'm not convinced we will see it to the level of the Heatles and KD Warriors, but sure, teams won't stop trying to stack their rosters.

There's a clear difference between the Heatles/Warriors and other loaded teams throughout history though. The super team era is specifically about the best players teaming up through free agency to have team's that are so stacked they're guaranteed to be in the championship year and win multiple titles.
In defense of the Warriors, their core was drafted, won a championship and they brought in KD. I think that is alot different than what Lebron did in Miami, Cleveland and the Lakers or what KD tried to do with the Nets.

But your point is taken and probably correct but most of that will be because the NBA in the new CBA targeted super teams.

The Suns are perfect example of this new second apron. They can't do jack crap in this upcoming offseason I don't think.

Originally Posted by :
A key element of the deal is a “second tax apron," notes SBJ's Tom Friend, which could prevent the advent of "super teams,'' or franchises that employ multiple players with maximum salaries. The new "second apron'' states that any team spending roughly $17.5 million above the tax limit will face spending limits on acquiring free agents and also potential draft pick penalties into the bottom of the first round if they are repeat offenders of the second tax apron.

[Reply]
staylor26 11:19 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This is what makes the Thunder so likeable to me. They tried the whole super team thing with Paul George and then absolutely raped the Clippers in that trade netting them a kings ransom of picks and SGA.

Sure they were bad for awhile which helped them get Chet but their GM is really smart and they develop players nicely.

And yes even though I hate them, the Nuggets have done a great job of this too. Jokic and Murray weren’t top 5 picks.
The Nuggets, Thunder, and Wolves are all very easy to root for because of how they built their teams, and the fact that they aren't an organization like the Lakers or Celtics.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:30 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
In defense of the Warriors, their core was drafted, won a championship and they brought in KD. I think that is alot different than what Lebron did in Miami, Cleveland and the Lakers or what KD tried to do with the Nets.
KD joining an established championship 73 win team that he blew a 3-1 series lead to? Yeah, it's definitely a lot different. It's much, much, much worse.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:32 AM 05-10-2024
How is it a lie? It's not even a secret anymore that LeBron conspired with Bosh and Wade to team up in Miami, circumventing the cap to do so. Started at FIBA 2006.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:37 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
How is it a lie?
Super teams were a thing in the NBA long before LeBron and they'll be a thing long after he's gone.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:37 AM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
How is it a lie? It's not even a secret anymore that LeBron conspired with Bosh and Wade to team up in Miami, circumventing the cap to do so. Started at FIBA 2006.
Bronsexuals live in a different reality than the rest of us.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:38 AM 05-10-2024
Super teams were a thing in the NBA long before LeBron and they'll be a thing long after he's gone.
Then shut the fuck up about KD and the Warriors once and for all. But you can't because you're a raging hypocrite.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:44 AM 05-10-2024
Then shut the **** up about KD and the Warriors once and for all. But you can't because you're a raging hypocrite.
Shut up about the #2 player in basketball joining up with the #3 player in basketball on a established 73 win championship team designed solely to overcome the dominating #1 player in basketball, LeBron?

[Reply]
staylor26 11:49 AM 05-10-2024
Shut up about the #2 player in basketball joining up with the #3 player in basketball on a established 73 win championship team designed solely to overcome the dominating #1 player in basketball, LeBron?

Oh I know you won't, just understand that is exactly why nobody takes you seriously. You are not a serious person.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:01 PM 05-10-2024
Oh I know you won't, just understand that is exactly why nobody takes you seriously. You are not a serious person.

Stop comparing Anthony Edwards to Michael Jordan. It's pretty disrespectful since Edwards is actually capable of having a winning season without Scottie Pippen.

— Barry (@BarryOnHere) May 6, 2024

[Reply]
dirk digler 12:04 PM 05-10-2024
KD joining an established championship 73 win team that he blew a 3-1 series lead to? Yeah, it's definitely a lot different. It's much, much, much worse.
You think it is worse but I don't, at best it is equal. Lebron who was the #1 player in the world, teamed up with a Top 5 player in Wade and a Top 10-20 player in Bosh so he could beat the Celtics.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:13 PM 05-10-2024
I believe this is now the third time in a row that you've brought up MJ unprovoked.

Thanks for continuing to prove my point.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:14 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
You think it is worse but I don't, at best it is equal. Lebron who was the #1 player in the world, teamed up with a Top 5 player in Wade and a Top 10-20 player in Bosh so he could beat the Celtics.
The mental gymnastics of holding KD to a higher standard than Lebron are one of my favorite aspects of this blatant hypocrisy from Bronsexuals.
[Reply]
Page 115 of 145
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125 > Last »
Up