ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 115 of 324
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165215 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:56 AM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Jesus, we didn’t spend a first rounder on a WR. Stop spinning that shit. I love the move and the guy, but we spent a 3rd rounder for a WR whose value dropped because he was never healthy, which has not been disproven yet. And spending two late second rounders when the team needs five WRs, needs a WR1 and while other teams are tossing $ and picks at the guy is not some major investment in the position. Cmon now. We are easily one of the lowest resourced WR rooms in the nfl.

I didn’t say second round picks can’t be great. But for every big name that hit there are more who didn’t. Its not that it’s impossible, it’s that the odds are lower than you’re making them to be. There’s still a good chance we end this year without a legit WR1, or at least a consistently healthy one. Where you and I differ is you would be content with a WR room that levels off at last years. Of course you want better but you’d be content with it. I don’t see it that way at all. I think we’re more than fine with that but I also think we’re underestimating how high this offenses ceiling is. And if you think last years offense, because of the stat lines on paper, is anywhere near that ceiling we’re on a very different page.
If 7 of the top ten WRs in football came from somewhere other than the first round, then your argument is horseshit. First round WR have a very bust rate, and unlike Qbs, excellent ones can clearly be found in other ways. Such as Adams, Cupp, Hill, Diggs, - hell I've already shown you the facts here, you just don't want to believe it, and are convinced that we don't have a WR1 on the roster. The only honest critique you could make is that we don't know yet. Now THAT is an honest critique. But this insistence that because we didn't take a guy in the first means we're content with JAGS is a bunch of bullshit.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 11:02 AM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
294 posts to go for 2,000!
Nuk (his real friends don’t call him DeHop) just messaged me on FB & said that he’ll come to KC on a discounted deal if CP can get this thread to 3K. Let’s go! :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 11:02 AM 06-04-2023
The hit/miss rate on WRs in the 2nd is pretty much the same as the 1st.

It's just false narratives and arguments all around.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 11:05 AM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by Rausch:
We're winning the SB this year. Deep down most of us here understand that. Most people around the country understand that.

It's boring to just say over and over but it's true. Unless there are freak injuries you're looking at the inevitable SB Champs once again.

I sure would love to dominate a few opponents though on the way to the dance. Instead of relying on Pat to bring us back I'd like to watch him put on a clinic and remove all hope before the end of the 3rd quarter.

We don't need DHop to win the SB. But it sure would help to do it my way...
Why are so many fans so confident we will win the Super Bowl. We really weren’t any better than Cincinnati or Philadelphia last year and we won both those games mainly or at least partly by luck. Everybody has to admit that. And that’s OK. Luck as always part of the game.

It’s pretty obvious that Both Philadelphia and Cincinnati have improved more than the Chiefs this year. And if San Francisco finally has even a semi competent quarterback that can survive, they join the teams that are just as good if not better than the Chiefs.

We are still in the hunt. We are definitely good enough for that. And hopefully we will be lucky again.

I am too new to this board to be able to start threads, but I really would like to see a thread about why people think the Chiefs are going to be better than the Eagles, the Bengals and the 49ers. Not saying we won’t be competitive. But I am saying this overstated confidence is not warranted.

Hope there’s some discussion on this. It would be good if somebody who is able to could start a thread on that topic. Like I said, I can’t. And it really doesn’t belong in this discussion about Hopkins.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:09 AM 06-04-2023
I see you guys arguing about hit rate on 1st round WRs, which is a moot point here considering D Hopkins is already a known commodity and doesn't require any draft picks.

Again, we'd all like to have him in KC on a good deal.

Thrive.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:10 AM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If 7 of the top ten WRs in football came from somewhere other than the first round, then your argument is horseshit. First round WR have a very bust rate, and unlike Qbs, excellent ones can clearly be found in other ways. Such as Adams, Cupp, Hill, Diggs, - hell I've already shown you the facts here, you just don't want to believe it, and are convinced that we don't have a WR1 on the roster. The only honest critique you could make is that we don't know yet. Now THAT is an honest critique. But this insistence that because we didn't take a guy in the first means we're content with JAGS is a bunch of bullshit.
I never called these guys JAGs. Not once. I’ve called the guys we surrounded tyreek with jags because they were. You would be content if our best WR matched juju. That’s fine. I get it. I just really disagree that the offense is anywhere near it’s ceiling.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:11 AM 06-04-2023
Maybe we should be taking this energy to twitter and sending him 1k "please come to kc messages" instead?
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:11 AM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Where did you get your PhD out of curiosity
https://www.theclownschool.com/
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 11:13 AM 06-04-2023
Eagles, Bengals, 49ers are not clouds. Noobishro
[Reply]
Wilson8 11:55 AM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Eagles, Bengals, 49ers are not clouds. Noobishro
I don't understand. Please explain.

Are these words from a Joni Mitchell song?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:12 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I never called these guys JAGs. Not once. I’ve called the guys we surrounded tyreek with jags because they were. You would be content if our best WR matched juju. That’s fine. I get it. I just really disagree that the offense is anywhere near it’s ceiling.
No, I would not. See? You're not even paying attention. I've said Juju is easily replaceable, that while he's a dependable professional, there's nothing that can't be improved upon by the kids we've invested in. And you've absolutely been calling them leftovers.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:14 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd:
Why are so many fans so confident we will win the Super Bowl. We really weren’t any better than Cincinnati or Philadelphia last year and we won both those games mainly or at least partly by luck. Everybody has to admit that. And that’s OK. Luck as always part of the game.

It’s pretty obvious that Both Philadelphia and Cincinnati have improved more than the Chiefs this year. And if San Francisco finally has even a semi competent quarterback that can survive, they join the teams that are just as good if not better than the Chiefs.

We are still in the hunt. We are definitely good enough for that. And hopefully we will be lucky again.

I am too new to this board to be able to start threads, but I really would like to see a thread about why people think the Chiefs are going to be better than the Eagles, the Bengals and the 49ers. Not saying we won’t be competitive. But I am saying this overstated confidence is not warranted.

Hope there’s some discussion on this. It would be good if somebody who is able to could start a thread on that topic. Like I said, I can’t. And it really doesn’t belong in this discussion about Hopkins.
I don't think anyone is overconfident that we'll win the Super Bowl, although I disagree that Cincinnati or Philly are necessarily more improved. I expect us to be a very serious contender, and I would not change places with a fan from any other team right now.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:25 PM 06-04-2023
I'm not too worried about the WR group because even if Dhop isn't signed Veach will be willing to make a move to get a vet WR before the trade deadline if WR's are not performing well.

We could add someone like Rashod Bateman, Hollywood Brown...

Player I really like is Jeudy but no way Payton wants to trade with us.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:28 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The hit/miss rate on WRs in the 2nd is pretty much the same as the 1st.

It's just false narratives and arguments all around.
I don’t believe this. Maybe in weak WR classes but not overall. 2019 is the best data to point to it but that was 1 year.

If this is in reference to us getting as good of a hit rate in rd 2 on WR’s then it’s way off
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:46 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I'm not too worried about the WR group because even if Dhop isn't signed Veach will be willing to make a move to get a vet WR before the trade deadline if WR's are not performing well.

We could add someone like Rashod Bateman, Hollywood Brown...

Player I really like is Jeudy but no way Payton wants to trade with us.

Hollywood Brown? Small, below-average hands, inconsistent ball security, alligator arms over the middle.
[Reply]
Page 115 of 324
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165215 > Last »
Up