ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 115 of 258
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165215 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 08:26 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by nychief:
While I respect the fiscal discipline, I sometimes wonder at times like this if we cut off our nose despite our face in some of these negotiations. I'm thinking about JuJu here...seems like we were only willing to go 85 percent of the way there for a integral part of our offense. Looking forward to see how we pivot.
its cut off your nose to spite your face, lmao
[Reply]
staylor26 08:30 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Well yeah. This is the case for every team dude
Nah, we can just assume that teams like Buffalo and Cincy are going to do it! Only the Chiefs are in trouble when they lose guys.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:31 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Man, we're losing a lot of guys here.

I know Veach is just getting started, but this offseason feels way more like the rebuild than last year.
We tried to "run it back" and it didn't work. We need fresh bodies and ideas. May not work. But stagnation with same players wont work either.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:37 AM 03-16-2023
This FA is the league readjusting the market for nearly all positions to accommodate the majority of the league having QBs on 2nd or 3rd contracts. Lots of teams are broke and lots of really good values have already signed. Sone positions have had little movement as players and agents adjust to this. It’s the new market.

I kinda expect Veach to sign some really good values over the next couple weeks and then again after June 1st cuts.

I’d really like to see us sign Shelby Harris.
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 08:37 AM 03-16-2023
Theoretically the run it back did work as we got to the super bowl again the next year. The problem was injuries to the line. However on the other side of the coin our tackles were older so that’s what happens when you sign older players instead of going young. Either way I trust veach to know what he’s doing.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:39 AM 03-16-2023
So just a run down.

Defense:
Secondary returns minus Thornhill. Cook was seemingly drafted as his replacement in the 2nd/3rd? idr.
LB: All starters return.
DL: Clark replaced with Ominehu. Current loss actually Nnadi and Saunders. Nnadi lost half his snaps to a street free agent brought in mid season. Sauders didnt clearly have the job over Wharton until Wharton went out with injury.

Offense:
OL: Obviously we replaced Brown with a guy they seem to like better. Allegretti is gone, possibly replaced by Kinnard. Lost Wylie who depending on how you cut it got the job because Niang went down the year before. Niang is now healthy, sort of a wash, still need a body.
RB: Lost Jerrick mckinnon, but did we? He didnt sign until July last year, possible to return.
WR: This is where the real damage is. It takes a lot less time to type what we still have vs what departed. Toney, MVS, Skyy and two Ross' who dont really count.
TE: Everyone appears to be returning except for Bell who was gone most of the year.

Several Nickel and Dime pieces but i feel like the major hurdles have been handled. Now add 10 dart throws to that in the draft.
[Reply]
O.city 08:47 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Well yeah. This is the case for every team dude
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nah, we can just assume that teams like Buffalo and Cincy are going to do it! Only the Chiefs are in trouble when they lose guys.
I'm not saying they can't or won't do it, but to just expect to keep nailing drafts is a bit of a disservice to just how good the last 2 have been.

There's a reason the league is set up the way it is, at some point, we will probably miss on some picks. Thankfully they've hedged and are set up well to handle it pretty much better than any team in the league.
[Reply]
JPH83 08:47 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
So just a run down.

Defense:
Secondary returns minus Thornhill. Cook was seemingly drafted as his replacement in the 2nd/3rd? idr.
DL: Clark replaced with Ominehu. Current loss actually Nnadi and Saunders. Nnadi lost half his snaps to a street free agent brought in mid season. Sauders didnt clearly have the job over Wharton until Wharton went out with injury.

Offense:
OL: Obviously we replaced Brown with a guy they seem to like better. Allegretti is gone, possibly replaced by Kinnard. Lost Wylie who depending on how you cut it got the job because Niang went down the year before. Niang is now healthy, sort of a wash, still need a body.
RB: Lost Jerrick mckinnon, but did we? He didnt sign until July last year, possible to return.
WR: This is where the real damage is. It takes a lot less time to type what we still have vs what departed. Toney, MVS, Skyy and two Ross' who dont really count.
TE: Everyone appears to be returning except for Bell who was gone most of the year.

Several Nickel and Dime pieces but i feel like the major hurdles have been handled. Now add 10 dart throws to that in the draft.
Think WR is the tricky one as there's not a lot in FA. Feels like we can get some help for the RT position, maybe another body to fill the role Nnadi provided at DT i.e. a body. Then we're looking at the draft to cover WR, DE, DT and S? I feel like at the end of the process we really could expect to be better at RT, DE and possibly DT, but we might be weaker at WR, S and LT, at least in the short-term.
[Reply]
O.city 08:49 AM 03-16-2023
They've got their core pretty much locked up and if the two they just signed end up being core pieces, they're pretty much in an ideal spot of filling some secondary type positions via the draft.

It's an ideal spot to be
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:49 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Think WR is the tricky one as there's not a lot in FA. Feels like we can get some help for the RT position, maybe another body to fill the role Nnadi provided at DT i.e. a body. Then we're looking at the draft to cover WR, DE, DT and S? I feel like at the end of the process we really could expect to be better at RT, DE and possibly DT, but we might be weaker at WR, S and LT, at least in the short-term.
I think they probably take a stab at a vet receiver in the next week or so. Maybe a Chark, who is a little more than MVS but pretty similar, maybe a slayton or whatever. If we grab one of those guys or even another possession receiver i'd be feeling that its basically bpa in the draft.
[Reply]
JPH83 08:52 AM 03-16-2023
I think they probably take a stab at a vet receiver in the next week or so. Maybe a Chark, who is a little more than MVS but pretty similar, maybe a slayton or whatever. If we grab one of those guys or even another possession receiver i'd be feeling that its basically bpa in the draft.
Yeah, could see it, and I certainly don't think Juju is a massive lose.
[Reply]
O.city 08:56 AM 03-16-2023
They lost role players who ended up going elsewhere and getting nice deals. Shit happens, move on.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:56 AM 03-16-2023
So just a run down.

Defense:

Offense:

They cleared
$9 million in cap space for someone they want to make an offer too.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:56 AM 03-16-2023
I also wouldn't be surprised if that Jones extension happens before the draft and that will open up the cap space needed for the draft class.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:57 AM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
They lost role players who ended up going elsewhere and getting nice deals. Shit happens, move on.
Yeah...unfortunately you can't keep those guys. Even with contracts like they got...it'll end up costing you a much larger player once they all add up.
[Reply]
Page 115 of 258
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165215 > Last »
Up