« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165215 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
RunKC 02:42 PM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Like I said, I'd give him the deal MVS got.

It's essentially a 1 year, $9 million dollar deal with team options for $9 million and $12 million thereafter.

If necessary, I'd go ahead and effectively lock in the 2nd year and make it a 2 year, $18 million deal w/ an option for a 3rd at $12 million.

He's an extremely young player who has improved here. Throwing that out because he didn't hit the ground at 100 mph (and remember, I have never liked the pick) is just awfully reckless, IMO.

Now if the money doesn't work, it doesn't work. I think JJSS or Hardman is a false choice - we can make that work.

But if it's Hardman or Thornhill? Hmmmmm.....now we're making things tough. I think I'd rather have Thornhill.

But my justifications are similar, both guys offer something that's not as easy to get as is being suggested.
After watching the Jags give Christian Kirk $18 million AAV, I think a WR like Hardman will get more than MVS easily.

Probably around $12-14 million which to me is way too much
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:44 PM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Like I said, I'd give him the deal MVS got.

It's essentially a 1 year, $9 million dollar deal with team options for $9 million and $12 million thereafter.

If necessary, I'd go ahead and effectively lock in the 2nd year and make it a 2 year, $18 million deal w/ an option for a 3rd at $12 million.

He's an extremely young player who has improved here. Throwing that out because he didn't hit the ground at 100 mph (and remember, I have never liked the pick) is just awfully reckless, IMO.

Now if the money doesn't work, it doesn't work. I think JJSS or Hardman is a false choice - we can make that work.

But if it's Hardman or Thornhill? Hmmmmm.....now we're making things tough. I think I'd rather have Thornhill.

But my justifications are similar, both guys offer something that's not as easy to get as is being suggested.
Mostly agree with this.

Partly I'm not sure which I'd keep; MVS or Hardman, if I had to make a choice. They're both fast, but Hardman has better change-of-direction (I think). MVS is nearly as fast, but he's a bigger target. But if he can be had for basically the same deal as MVS', then great.

If the choice was Hardman/Thornhill, yeah, I'm definitely with you, keep Thornhill. Thorny is having his best season, and if Veach is as smart as I think he is, he'll do everything within reason to keep Thorny. He'd be difficult to replace. Hardman in that scenario is a nice luxury.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:44 PM 10-25-2022
We can't find a speedster for cheap who can run jet sweeps and catch short tosses?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:51 PM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
After watching the Jags give Christian Kirk $18 million AAV, I think a WR like Hardman will get more than MVS easily.

Probably around $12-14 million which to me is way too much
MVS signed after Kirk.

So to whatever extent Kirk re-set the market, MVS has a deal that's within it.
[Reply]
O.city 09:02 AM 10-27-2022

For my Chiefs fans out there wondering about Skyy Moore as a rookie WR in an Andy Reid offense, here's a chart with cumulative snaps by receivers in their rookie years. It's not ALL Reids rookies, but it's most of the ones you'd want to compare him to. Skyy is Tyreek??!! �� pic.twitter.com/D6wBQjMMyC

— Joseph Jefe (@josephjefe) October 27, 2022

[Reply]
Shoes 09:14 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm not sure if this makes me feel better or worse about Skyy. You might think that the comparison of the usage to Tyreek Hill is a positive but Tyreek Hill was a running back coming out of college and his route running needed a lot more refining.

Skyy was touted as one of the more polished route runners coming out of this draft class, I understand not rushing a rookie and allowing them to digest the playbook but Skyy from a pure receiving stand point shouldn't require as much coaching from a technical perspective.

FYI still fairly bullish on Skyy, took awhile for Golden Tate to bust out- I like that comparison the best.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:17 AM 10-27-2022
Skyy also has 3 vets ahead of him that are playing very well. Not every one of those situations is the same.
[Reply]
O.city 09:20 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Skyy also has 3 vets ahead of him that are playing very well. Not every one of those situations is the same.
But he's still getting snaps, so are you saying he's just not getting the targets because of those 3?
[Reply]
staylor26 09:24 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
But he's still getting snaps, so are you saying he's just not getting the targets because of those 3?
I know this might be shocking to you, but there are only so many targets to go around when you combine those 3 with Kelce and the RBs.

I'm sure he will get more after the bye though. That's typically when rookie WRs start getting more involved.
[Reply]
O.city 09:26 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I know this might be shocking to you, but there are only so many targets to go around.

I'm sure he will get more after the bye though. That's typically when rookie WRs start getting more involved.
It's not shocking to me, was just asking for clarification.

This kinda puts to rest the snaps argument, now just need to figure why he isnt' getting more opportunities
[Reply]
jd1020 09:28 AM 10-27-2022
Moore has been targeted in 11% of his snaps.

MVS and Hardman come in at 9 and 10%.

Problem is, the area of the field that Moore plays in is the same area as Kelce and JuJu who are getting 16 and 14%.

He isn't on the field that often and he's playing against Mahomes' favorite targets.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 09:54 AM 10-27-2022
Moore is only being targeted around 2x per game.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:56 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Shoes:
I'm not sure if this makes me feel better or worse about Skyy. You might think that the comparison of the usage to Tyreek Hill is a positive but Tyreek Hill was a running back coming out of college and his route running needed a lot more refining.

Skyy was touted as one of the more polished route runners coming out of this draft class, I understand not rushing a rookie and allowing them to digest the playbook but Skyy from a pure receiving stand point shouldn't require as much coaching from a technical perspective.

FYI still fairly bullish on Skyy, took awhile for Golden Tate to bust out- I like that comparison the best.
Skyy came from a school where the defensive looks werent 1/3rd of what hes seeing on game day now. He has to learn the playbook, learn to read defenses on the run and build chemistry with Pat. Its not as simple as plug in an athlete. If he had come from ohio state, alabama or some other school where theres NFLish defenses i'd be more concerned. I personally expect more of an Antonio Brown style entry than Jamaar Chase.
[Reply]
scho63 09:59 AM 10-27-2022
Multiple times this season, I've seen Moore either make a deeper cut or not drive towards the ball when Mahomes is scrambling.

He has to make his cut and then drive forward to keep the defenders from cutting in front of him. I think one of Mahomes' INT was Skyy's fault
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:02 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
We can't find a speedster for cheap who can run jet sweeps and catch short tosses?
This.
[Reply]
Page 115 of 280
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165215 > Last »
Up