ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 115 of 488
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165215 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:41 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
So what's the holdup on guys they can rework like Hill/Kelce/Thuney?

I understand Mahomes can't get done until Friday.
Y'know with someone like Thuney, maybe even Kelce - probably even Hill - it may just come down to cash spending.

You restructure Thuney's, Mahomes and Kelce's deal and you now have to write a check for everything you pushed off. You turn $9 million of Thuney's salary into signing bonus, Clark Hunt gets to write that check the moment the deal is signed. Hill comes up with a deal with $60 million in guarantees? Not only does Clark have to write a check for, say, a $20 million dollar signing bonus, he also has to escrow (I believe) 75% of the remaining guarantees, so you're looking at another $30 million dropped into escrow.

While you're also writing a $27 million check for Mahomes roster bonus AND potentially another $6 million or so to bonus out Kelce. All while the league is 'off' and not generating any revenue payments.

I mean Clark has money, but NOBODY enjoys writing $90-$100 million in checks.
[Reply]
In58men 03:41 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
I trust bart velch.

Something is coming soon, and hard.
Probably so, but it’ll be underwhelming.

A guy like Cordarrelle Patterson
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:41 PM 03-16-2022

The AFC West is stacked with QBs and players who rush opposing QBs �� pic.twitter.com/8drKZ1mVkZ

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 16, 2022

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:42 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
Probably so, but it’ll be underwhelming.

A guy like Cordarrelle Patterson
Patterson underwhelming wtf? He’s a star
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:42 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Hmm.

[Reply]
O.city 03:43 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Y'know with someone like Thuney, maybe even Kelce - probably even Hill - it may just come down to cash spending.

You restructure Thuney's, Mahomes and Kelce's deal and you now have to write a check for everything you pushed off. You turn $9 million of Thuney's salary into signing bonus, Clark Hunt gets to write that check the moment the deal is signed. Hill comes up with a deal with $60 million in guarantees? Not only does Clark have to write a check for, say, a $20 million dollar signing bonus, he also has to escrow (I believe) 75% of the remaining guarantees, so you're looking at another $30 million dropped into escrow.

While you're also writing a $27 million check for Mahomes roster bonus AND potentially another $6 million or so to bonus out Kelce. All while the league is 'off' and not generating any revenue payments.

They made sure my season ticket check cleared so they're generating something.

Those fucks.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:43 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
I trust bart velch.

Something is coming soon, and hard.
I’m ready for it.

It’s going to be epic.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:43 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
He's a 30+ one year wonder.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:44 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
At this point they aren’t going to be able to rollover a bunch of money to cover it. They need players. A bunch of them.
That they do.

Remember when folks kept squealing that the cap is a myth when we gave Clark his deal and insisted "Ah, a Jones contract will still be easy..."?

Fellas - the Cap isn't a myth. Never has been. You can ignore it for a year and often even for 2.

But the bill WILL come due.

This may honestly be the year to allow it. We don't know what any of these maneuvers will actually mean for the Chargers, Broncos or Raiders. They may still be far inferior to us. So why chase? Give it a minute to settle out, see where the division stands, hope you're still the top dog and then next year attack as needed.

There are just a lot of unknown variables right now.

But if that's the approach, we'd better be smart about it and if possible try to find some younger veterans we can get a little term on.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:45 PM 03-16-2022
I don't mind not getting anything done with Robinson either.

But what I do mind is that we seem to be trying to keep powder dry for SOMEBODY and in the meantime guys are starting to sign for below expected $$$. Guys who could really help this roster.

So who are we keeping this powder dry for. There doesn't seem to be anybody left that would take an enormous chunk of it. Moreover, if it were several smaller chunks, we'd see those signing trickling in. Or at least news that we've 'agreed to terms' to be finalized after the league year starts and bonuses are shifted around.

Something is awry here.
Awry? Or just a different plan than signing Za'Darius Smith, which I think we all thought was the plan for a good part of the week?

Maybe they're going to throw numbers at DE, with a couple of potentially ascending guys and a boring vet like Ingram. Maybe they're going to trade for someone. Maybe they're just that confident in the draft resources available?

"easy" plans tend to be expensive. Or at least obvious and easy.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:45 PM 03-16-2022
LOL WUT
[Reply]
crispystl 03:45 PM 03-16-2022

Seriously?!
Wtf do teams do this? Give someone younger a shot. Flacco was washed five damn years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:46 PM 03-16-2022

Nobody enjoys a down year after four straight AFCCG's either.

I mean, he's going to have to write those checks eventually to field a team. We don't have any cap space without doing so.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:46 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Seriously?!
Wtf do teams do this? Give someone younger a shot. Flacco was washed five damn years ago.

LEADERSHIP!!!!
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:47 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Seriously?!

They have a 2nd year QB starting. Why would they want or need someone younger?
[Reply]
Page 115 of 488
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165215 > Last »
Up