ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 115 of 469
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165215 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:57 PM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
So Omaha won 19-0 and Vinnie went 5 for 7. OPS is now 1.034

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05-25-2022, 12:57 PM
This message has been deleted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!.
ChiefBlueCFC 12:58 PM 05-25-2022
So Omaha won 19-0 and Vinnie went 5 for 7. OPS is now 1.034
Probably need to let him develop for another 10-15 years before calling him up. Can't rush these things
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:00 PM 05-25-2022
Vinnie profiles as an everyday DH, but he doesn't have to be. He can be the starting 1B. That leaves DH open for Salvy and MJ to share.

Dozier becomes a bench player. He's having a decent year, but he's also 30 (turns 31 in August).
Sending Dozier to the bench right now doesn't make any sense. He's one of your few consistent offensive performers (this season). Benching him when he's performing sends the wrong message to the clubhouse. If you're gonna sit him in lieu of playing rookies, then the Royals just need to trade him. Just be done with him and move on. Now I'm not necessarily against that idea, especially if we're going full on youth movement. But I don't think there's any way the Royals front office does that. They invested in Dozier. They're committed to him for 2 more years after this one. They're loyal to a fault.

Unless Sherman cleans house, of course. Then anything is possible . . . . .
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:03 PM 05-25-2022
Jonathan Mayo & Keith Law on the upcoming MLB draft.

https://www.podbean.com/ei/dir-auics-13d2b21e

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:04 PM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Sending Dozier to the bench right now doesn't make any sense. He's one of your few consistent offensive performers (this season). Benching him when he's performing sends the wrong message to the clubhouse. If you're gonna sit him in lieu of playing rookies, then the Royals just need to trade him. Just be done with him and move on. Now I'm not necessarily against that idea, especially if we're going full on youth movement. But I don't think there's any way the Royals front office does that. They invested in Dozier. They're committed to him for 2 more years after this one. They're loyal to a fault.

If Dozier could play his natural position of 3rd, the lineup would fall in nicely. Riveria has been a nice surprise but its a position we should still look to upgrade.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:16 PM 05-25-2022
Off topic but still an amazing year for Pedro.

[Reply]
nychief 01:18 PM 05-25-2022
Wait...are we saying there is bad roster construction? NO WAY?!?!

Cut Ohearn
Cut Santana
Look at trades for Whit, Dozier and Benni.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:23 PM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
If Dozier could play his natural position of 3rd, the lineup would fall in nicely. Riveria has been a nice surprise but its a position we should still look to upgrade.
Yeah, Dozier is just terrible defensively at 3B. That won't fly with the Royals. Rivera has shown some nice flashes offensively and defensively. Really strong arm. When you consider all that and the fact that the Royals have nothing at 3B in the organization, Rivera is your de facto 3B. Unless the Royals decided to move Witt Jr. back to 3B full time. And I doubt they do that. I think they are ready to leave Witt at SS full time and see what they have in Rivera (he's still only 25, if I am remembering correctly).
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:36 PM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

Rotate Dozier between 1B/DH/RF.

But if you're getting into the "the Royals won't do X," then we're basically stuck at square one. I thought you were asking what SHOULD be done, not what WON'T be done.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:41 PM 05-25-2022
Vinnie profiles as an everyday DH, but he doesn't have to be. He can be the starting 1B. That leaves DH open for Salvy and MJ to share.

Dozier becomes a bench player. He's having a decent year, but he's also 30 (turns 31 in August).
You could trade some guys like Benni and Whit. For WHATEVER you can get. Open spots for young guys. We are gonna lose so get them experience.

1B - Vinny Pasquantino
2B - Nicky Lopez
SS - Bobby Witt Jr
3B - Hunter Dozier
C - Salvy/Melendez
DH - Salvy/Melendez
LF - Benintendi
CF - Isbel
RF - Either trade Pratto or play him there.

Release Santana and Ohearn. Do it yesterday.
[Reply]
Why Not? 04:00 PM 05-25-2022
Per usual, many here are not being honest (or perhaps they just don't get the reality) about potential trade results. The time to have traded Whit (get why they didn't, and I like watching him play) was a year or two ago. You are getting next to nothing for him now. You are getting absolutely nothing for Mondesi. You might get the lotteriest of lottery tickets for Dozier. Bennintendi (sp?) would fetch you something decent ish. You can't nor should you nor will you trade Salvy. That's it. Other then the untouchable youngsters, there is not much worth anything here.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 04:11 PM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
You could trade some guys like Benni and Whit. For WHATEVER you can get. Open spots for young guys. We are gonna lose so get them experience.

1B - Vinny Pasquantino
2B - Nicky Lopez
SS - Bobby Witt Jr
3B - Hunter Dozier
C - Salvy/Melendez
DH - Salvy/Melendez
LF - Benintendi
CF - Isbel

That's a pretty nice lineup if the young guys play up, tbh. Move Beni and Dozier for a 3B who can hit and field, plug Taylor in at center and move Isbel to left. Still need a legit fourth OF, but you can call the position players solved for several years.

Then dump the ML pitching coaches and dedicate resources to the pitching staff. Hell, there is a lot of salvageable talent on the pitching staff. Then the team might have a chance.
[Reply]
Zap Rowsdower 06:40 PM 05-25-2022
Here's what I would do:

- Cut O'Hearn. Put Santana on the bench for pinch hitting duty. I don't mind Santana in this spot because he's a vet and you aren't worried about his development. It's not a big deal if he doesn't get an at bat for a couple of weeks.

- Bring up Vinnie Pasquantino and he is your everyday 1b.

- Stick Dozier in RF. He's not great defensively but he has been one of our best offensive hitters so that can be his everyday spot.

- Melendez and Salvy rotate at DH/C.

- Put Merrifield at 2b and Nicky Lopez as our super utility guy off the bench. They both haven't been great but out of the two I think Merrifield will give you a lot more offensive output throughout the year. I like Nicky but he's 27, outside of O'Hearn maybe our worst hitter so far and not really a prospect anymore. I still like his defense so you keep him with the big league club.

- Keep Rivera as your everyday 3b.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:41 PM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by nychief:
Wait...are we saying there is bad roster construction? NO WAY?!?!

Cut Ohearn
Cut Santana
Look at trades for Whit, Dozier and Benni.

Sign me up for this.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:42 PM 05-25-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:

1B - Vinny Pasquantino
2B - Nicky Lopez
SS - Bobby Witt Jr
3B - Hunter Dozier
C - Salvy/Melendez
DH - Salvy/Melendez
LF - Benintendi
CF - Isbel

Pratto has been playing LF in Omaha.

[Reply]
Page 115 of 469
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165215 > Last »
Up