ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 115 of 140
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
MagicHef 11:06 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Simplicity:
To be fair that tackle should've been made by his two teammates like REALLY should've. Also, you can't just come in late, which Clark would've been, on a QB while two of your teammates have him wrapped up (theoretically).

But keep cherry picking
I'm watching the full Broncos/Seahawks 2018 game. Most of the time, Clark is singled up on either Bolles or Heuerman and isn't getting anywhere. He got one sack on a well-designed stunt.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:07 AM 04-24-2019

One player teams view as being available: #Eagles WR Nelson Agholor. A versatile weapon, he carries a $9.4M fully guaranteed price tag and is a potential to be traded if Philly drafts a receiver.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 24, 2019

[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:08 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
We still have a lot of "who will do this?" Who will play ILB. Who besides honey Badger will run a spags scheme that relies on really smart DB's. And it also begs the question of if we could have solved this edge rush earlier in the offseason and saved ourselves the picks... Even begs the question of if we could have just used ford as a one year stopgap until we found a long term solution.

Don't get me wrong. I'm excited as hell to have Clark. I just don't get people swearing off what a 29 and 60-ish pick could do just because they won't be frank Clark calibre. A few years from now when all our contracts expire at once and we have virtually no young pipeline to fill those gaps, we're going to be asking a lot more "who will do this" questions. I hope to God we have a super bowl before then.
dude, you're acting like since we signed Clark we don't get to draft anyone in the next two years.

The truth is, if you want to take advantage of this Mahomes on his rookie contract window, no picks from #29 or the second round are going to play at a level that Frank Clark has already demonstrated in 2019 or 2020. They're just not. you're not going to get Derrick Thomas at #29.

It's not like we just went nuts in Vegas either; we jettisoned old contracts that were bloated and huge with Berry and Houston and considering what we would've had to pay Ford, we're still ahead money-wise.

And check this- so if we'd kept Ford, we'd have paid what, $17.5 million? So we're literally talking about...like $3 million. That's like...Eric Murray.

Who fucking cares? AND we still have two #2's, a HIGHER #3, a #5, two #6's and a #7 as well as a full complement of picks next year.

We didn't mortgage anything. We're still ahead of where we were cap-wise in January, we got younger, stronger, and more aggressive. We got HEALTHIER, which was a major problem previously.

We wanted a re-build on defense, and Veach and Reid have done it in a head-spinningly quick fashion. I for one am pretty fucking impressed.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:09 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Neat.
[Reply]
R Clark 11:11 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
dude, you're acting like since we signed Clark we don't get to draft anyone in the next two years.

The truth is, if you want to take advantage of this Mahomes on his rookie contract window, no picks from #29 or the second round are going to play at a level that Frank Clark has already demonstrated in 2019 or 2020. They're just not. you're not going to get Derrick Thomas at #29.

It's not like we just went nuts in Vegas either; we jettisoned old contracts that were bloated and huge with Berry and Houston and considering what we would've had to pay Ford, we're still ahead money-wise.

And check this- so if we'd kept Ford, we'd have paid what, $17.5 million? So we're literally talking about...like $3 million. That's like...Eric Murray.

Who ****ing cares? AND we still have two #2's, a HIGHER #3, a #5, two #6's and a #7 as well as a full complement of picks next year.

We didn't mortgage anything. We're still ahead of where we were cap-wise in January, we got younger, stronger, and more aggressive. We got HEALTHIER, which was a major problem previously.

We wanted a re-build on defense, and Veach and Reid have done it in a head-spinningly quick fashion. I for one am pretty ****ing impressed.
Great post
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:13 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Sounds like some major damage control on their end, and I'm not really sure why they're doing it.
If you make a trade in fantasy and after it goes through the other guy in the trade posts it on the league board with glee you're going to be like oh damn did I just lose someone who is more valuable than I thought?

I also feel this way after I discard a Queen of spades and someone snatches it up while cackling maniacally.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:13 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Great post
It's what he do
[Reply]
RunKC 11:16 AM 04-24-2019
I'm with you. I'm happy as hell to have Clark. But using the Watkins example... That contract looked like it was designed to get him off the books as quick as possible. Easy to cut at any time. The goal is to use the draft or find an underpriced free agent who you feel comfortable replacing Watkins. We've got a lot of these guys. Breeland, Okafor, ogbah, even honey Badger is only a three year deal. People keep looking at the #29 pick as if he needs to be a superstar. If you land even a serviceable WR2 we stay dominant on offense while freeing up $20m in 2020 to invest in other players. I'm a little fine with overpaying. But somehow we got into this business of thinking draft picks are worthless, let alone first rounders. With Mahomes' contract coming due draft picks are more important than ever.
We still have 3 picks in the top 85 dude. That’s what they are for.

I get the future being stable, but please understand one tiny little detail:

IT HAS BEEN 50 YEARS SINCE THIS FRANCHISE HAS BEEN IN THE SUPER BOWL. WE HAVE NEVER WON THE TROPHY WITH OUR FOUNDERS NAME ON IT.

WE HAVE A 2 YEAR WINDOW WITH A QB ON A LOW SALARY. I AM GLAD WE AREN’T PISSING THAT OPPORTUNITY AWAY BY BEING PASSIVE.

[Reply]
In58men 11:19 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We still have 3 picks in the top 85 dude. That’s what they are for.

I get the future being stable, but please understand one tiny little detail:

IT HAS BEEN 50 YEARS SINCE THIS FRANCHISE HAS BEEN IN THE SUPER BOWL. WE HAVE NEVER WON THE TROPHY WITH OUR FOUNDERS NAME ON IT.

WE HAVE A 2 YEAR WINDOW WITH A QB ON A LOW SALARY. I AM GLAD WE AREN’T PISSING THAT OPPORTUNITY AWAY BY BEING PASSIVE.
If this was the Chiefs of 2010 we’d be calling up AJ Hawk to see if he wants to play again.

Being mediocre isn’t a thing anymore. We have balls now!!!!
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:21 AM 04-24-2019

Via the draft network

61. Rock Ya-Sin CB Temple
63. Kelvin Harmon WR NC Stare
84. Trysten Hill DT UCF
167. Foster Moreau TE LSU
201. Dexter Williams RB Notre Damr
214. T.J Edwards LB Wisconsin
216. Tyrell Dodson LB Texas A&M

— Ian Brennan (@Brennan316) April 24, 2019

[Reply]
Why Not? 11:24 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Who ****ing cares? AND we still have two #2's, a HIGHER #3, a #5, two #6's and a #7 as well as a full complement of picks next year.

We wanted a re-build on defense, and Veach and Reid have done it in a head-spinningly quick fashion. I for one am pretty ****ing impressed.

:-)
[Reply]
stumppy 11:24 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
If this was the Chiefs of 2010 we’d be calling up AJ Hawk to see if he wants to play again.

And every QB we play against is going to have them dragged across their faces.

Clark is exactly the kind of player we need at this time.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:25 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:

The old Chiefs would be kicking the tires on Clay Matthews and let Eric Berry coach the defensive backs from the sidelines. Also we believe in Chad Henne!
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:27 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
The old Chiefs would be kicking the tires on Clay Matthews and let Eric Berry coach the defensive backs from the sidelines. Also we believe in Chad Henne!
DAMON HUARD IS A FRANCHISE QB
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:28 AM 04-24-2019
Watkins
Hitchens
No Earl Thomas trade (rumor that we also sought other DB trades last year too)
Underwhelming trade comp for Ford
Underwhelming comp for Peters
No comp at all for houston
Huge trade comp for frank clark
Tons of credible rumors of us desperately shopping for trades at spring meetings.

Cmon, are you really going to say that all these deals paint a picture of shrewd negotiation? I know many will make excuses for each of these transactions individually. But how many individual excuses can you make without acknowledging a pattern?
Do you realize that you're putting for 'evidence' that contradicts itself and your point every time you post?

So we didn't overpay for Thomas, but we always overpay?

We should've gotten more for Peters, except nobody would pay it?

We should've gotten something for Houston! Except everyone knew we would release him, so they just waited for that. Because you know, you can just bluff people when they know what cards you're holding.

OMG we overpaid huge for Clark! Except, nah, not really. We're paying him a few million a year more than Ford. And he's twice the player.

YOU have decided, in your mind, on a narrative that you believe. You are now presenting any and all evidence as proof of that narrative, whether it fits or not.

You're not being logical at all. You're just reacting on an emotional level.
[Reply]
Page 115 of 140
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125 > Last »
Up